Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Top2 points total needed 11:51 - Apr 17 with 3014 viewssuffolkpoker

Do we need 11+ points to guranantee top2? Thats assuming the others win every game.

Which would be 3 wins and 2 draws or better needed.

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

Top2 points total needed on 11:55 - Apr 17 with 2959 viewsITFC_Forever

You can work it out....

The most Sheff Wed can get now is 96 points, 11 points takes us to that amount and our GD is much better than their's.

And that's assuming they win their last four games - the way they are going, that doesn't seem likely.
Bristol Rovers (a)
Exeter (h)
Shrewsbury (a)
Derby (h)

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Top2 points total needed on 11:58 - Apr 17 with 2919 viewsxrayspecs

Mathematically 12 but 11 should be enough given our goal difference is far superior to the other top four sides.

This assumes that one of SW and Barnsley take maximum points from their remaining games and Plymouth do not implode, which I do not think they will.
Top2 points total needed on 11:59 - Apr 17 with 2903 viewsxrayspecs

Top2 points total needed on 11:55 - Apr 17 by ITFC_Forever

You can work it out....

The most Sheff Wed can get now is 96 points, 11 points takes us to that amount and our GD is much better than their's.

And that's assuming they win their last four games - the way they are going, that doesn't seem likely.
Bristol Rovers (a)
Exeter (h)
Shrewsbury (a)
Derby (h)

Barnsley can also get 96 and are showing much better form than SW, so would not rule them out at this stage.
Top2 points total needed on 11:59 - Apr 17 with 2900 viewstonybied

Yes as Sheffield Wednesday and Barnsley can only get to 96 points now (and Barnsley would have to beat us to get to that total) so 3 wins and 2 draws will see us up. Our goal difference is so superior neither have the chance of finishing higher if we're level on points.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2023 12:00]
Top2 points total needed on 12:02 - Apr 17 with 2834 viewsDinDjarin

3 wins 2 draws or 4 wins 1 defeat would ensure a top 2 finish
Top2 points total needed on 12:17 - Apr 17 with 2718 viewsSimonds92

If we could win the next 3 games we would be exceptionally unlucky to not go up even if we lost the last 2. That would mean Wednesday win all their games and on current form that doesn't look likely.
Top2 points total needed on 12:18 - Apr 17 with 2712 viewsclive_baker

The most SW and Barnsley can get is 96, but neither can get 95. So it's 11 points worst case, 9 second worst case.

Given our GD 11 pts would guarantee us 2nd. Realistically I can't see either SW or Barnsley winning every game, not least because Wednesday aren't all that and I think we'll get a result at Oakwell.

3 wins from 5 should do it IMO. 1 really has to be tomorrow night, then we're in a great spot regardless (it could be an even better spot if Bristol Rovers and Lincoln get get a result).

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Top2 points total needed on 12:20 - Apr 17 with 2696 viewsIllinoisblue

Top2 points total needed on 11:59 - Apr 17 by xrayspecs

Barnsley can also get 96 and are showing much better form than SW, so would not rule them out at this stage.

Agree but if they win their last 5 that would be amazing; winning at Lincoln, home v us and Posh? If they do that, fair play

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Login to get fewer ads

Top2 points total needed on 12:21 - Apr 17 with 2675 viewshomer_123

Top2 points total needed on 12:20 - Apr 17 by Illinoisblue

Agree but if they win their last 5 that would be amazing; winning at Lincoln, home v us and Posh? If they do that, fair play

Not really any more amazing than the run we have been on?

It's been the same for me throughout - all we can do is focus on our games.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Top2 points total needed on 12:27 - Apr 17 with 2605 viewsxrayspecs

Top2 points total needed on 12:18 - Apr 17 by clive_baker

The most SW and Barnsley can get is 96, but neither can get 95. So it's 11 points worst case, 9 second worst case.

Given our GD 11 pts would guarantee us 2nd. Realistically I can't see either SW or Barnsley winning every game, not least because Wednesday aren't all that and I think we'll get a result at Oakwell.

3 wins from 5 should do it IMO. 1 really has to be tomorrow night, then we're in a great spot regardless (it could be an even better spot if Bristol Rovers and Lincoln get get a result).

Spot on.
Top2 points total needed on 12:31 - Apr 17 with 2559 viewsWallingford_Boy

8 points should do it.

2 wins, 2 draws and a defeat.

Ideally the defeat isn't to Barnsley though!

RIP Sir Bobby

Top2 points total needed on 12:32 - Apr 17 with 2537 viewsITFC_Forever

Top2 points total needed on 11:59 - Apr 17 by xrayspecs

Yes, but again, our GD is better than their GD....

Top2 points total needed on 12:50 - Apr 17 with 2394 viewsTractorCam

We're going up on Saturday after we win both our games and Wednesday and Barnsley lose both, def info.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Top2 points total needed on 13:48 - Apr 17 with 2035 viewsIllinoisblue

Top2 points total needed on 12:31 - Apr 17 by Wallingford_Boy

8 points should do it.

2 wins, 2 draws and a defeat.

Ideally the defeat isn't to Barnsley though!

Maybe, but 8 sounds low. Although if Barnsley and Weds both lose tomorrow and we win, the magic number will look well within reach

62 - 78 - 81

Top2 points total needed on 13:53 - Apr 17 with 1977 viewsdirtyboy

Top2 points total needed on 11:58 - Apr 17 by xrayspecs

Mathematically 12 but 11 should be enough given our goal difference is far superior to the other top four sides.

This assumes that one of SW and Barnsley take maximum points from their remaining games and Plymouth do not implode, which I do not think they will.

I wouldn't put it past them.

Can SW really go from league leaders to also rans that quickly.

You'd have to give them enough respect to think they genuinely could go on a final run to the end of the season unbeaten...they've done it this season already, so have Plymouth, so have Barnsley, so have we.

It's going to last game, some sleepless nights for all sets of fans ahead....mark my words.

PV tomorrow, let's navigate that first, no such thing as an easy game at the business end of the season.
Top2 points total needed on 14:54 - Apr 17 with 1771 viewsBluroo

I reckon 92 points will be enough in the end meaning we just need 2 wins and a draw (at Barnsley)
Top2 points total needed on 15:01 - Apr 17 with 1744 viewsITFC_Forever

Top2 points total needed on 13:48 - Apr 17 by Illinoisblue

Maybe, but 8 sounds low. Although if Barnsley and Weds both lose tomorrow and we win, the magic number will look well within reach

If Barnsley and Weds both lose tomorrow and Saturday, and we win tomorrow and Saturday, that's it done.

In a nostalgic way, it will be nice to cement it on 25th April, just as in 1992.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2023 16:41]

Top2 points total needed on 15:05 - Apr 17 with 1713 viewsIllinoisblue

Top2 points total needed on 13:53 - Apr 17 by dirtyboy

I wouldn't put it past them.

Can SW really go from league leaders to also rans that quickly.

You'd have to give them enough respect to think they genuinely could go on a final run to the end of the season unbeaten...they've done it this season already, so have Plymouth, so have Barnsley, so have we.

It's going to last game, some sleepless nights for all sets of fans ahead....mark my words.

PV tomorrow, let's navigate that first, no such thing as an easy game at the business end of the season.

Having seen some of their games I’d say they are by far the most limited of the top four. An aging squad who like to lump it forward. So no I don’t think they’ll win their last four. But they’re definitely not out of it.

62 - 78 - 81

Top2 points total needed on 15:47 - Apr 17 with 1583 viewsIllinoisblue

Top2 points total needed on 15:01 - Apr 17 by ITFC_Forever

If Barnsley and Weds both lose tomorrow and Saturday, and we win tomorrow and Saturday, that's it done.

In a nostalgic way, it will be nice to cement it on 25th April, just as in 1992.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2023 16:41]

You mean if Barnsley and Weds also lose Saturday, right?

62 - 78 - 81

Top2 points total needed on 16:17 - Apr 17 with 1408 viewsWinchBlue

Top2 points total needed on 14:54 - Apr 17 by Bluroo

I reckon 92 points will be enough in the end meaning we just need 2 wins and a draw (at Barnsley)

Agreed.
Historically, any team getting more than 90 points in league 1 has got auto promotion.
Top2 points total needed on 16:40 - Apr 17 with 1313 viewsITFC_Forever

Top2 points total needed on 15:47 - Apr 17 by Illinoisblue

You mean if Barnsley and Weds also lose Saturday, right?

Yes, sorry, wasn't very clear, I'll edit that!

Top2 points total needed on 08:17 - Apr 18 with 840 viewsPioneerBlue

Interesting reading. Now back to taking it one game at a time.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

Top2 points total needed on 10:35 - Apr 18 with 682 viewsBluroo

Top2 points total needed on 16:17 - Apr 17 by WinchBlue

Agreed.
Historically, any team getting more than 90 points in league 1 has got auto promotion.

There is historical statistical merit, no doubt.

Also as long as Barnsley don't beat us, their total possible drops to 94. If they don't pick up 3 points tonight, away to Lincoln, their max would drop to 92 or else are they going to take 3 points v Peterbo on the final day. They'd have to win 4/4 if they don't beat us to get to 94, can't see that happening.

Is it worth even discussing why Sheff Wed will defy gravity to get to more than 92 points at this point!!!

I know the team are taking it game by game but I think it looks solid that we win our 2 home games and draw with Barnsley and we're home and hosed. Better than that and we can look above rather than worrying about whats going on below.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024