Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
EADT update? 15:51 - Jun 28 with 3173 viewsfranz_tyson

Post pay-wall, I've had little or no contact with the EADT ITFC news / KOA. How is the content ? Worth the subscription ( or the future full subscription after the introductory offer) ? How is the team faring after Andy Warren leaving? Has there been a fall-off in quality since he left ?
EADT update? on 15:58 - Jun 28 with 3105 viewshype313

Not been many, if any pod's, generally quite quiet, Stuart done a few of his top 10 targets etc, but to be fair it's a dire time for any real juicy stuff.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

EADT update? on 16:15 - Jun 28 with 3019 viewsTrequartista

It's not difficult to read the stories.

F5, Ctrl-A, Ctrl-Ins, Open notepad, Shift-Ins

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

EADT update? on 16:17 - Jun 28 with 2991 viewsSamuelowen88

They've had the double hit of Andy leaving too.

That was what I listened for, the 2 of them sharing their (fairly) unbiased opinions. As much as I like Ross and Mark, they just (IMO) arent as good. So unfortunately the pods have gone down hill a bit too.
There is a new 'King' starting soon, but then they will take time to bed in, and build up the rapport that they had before.

Poll: England v Wales Score

EADT update? on 16:25 - Jun 28 with 2901 viewsiamipswich

Believe it goes up to £7.99/month after 3 months of subscribing. While not an unreasonable amount per month, it's not a good time, given their content this time every year will be of least value. Losing Andy Warren too doesn't help.

Poll: Who will return first?

EADT update? on 17:02 - Jun 28 with 2656 viewsthe_toff

Scraping the barrel for content. I wish Watson well as he seems like a good bloke and has served the community well with his output, but I feel a little sorry for him on this. AW left, can't blame him at all, but that and the paywall introduction have probably impacted things a little.

I won't be paying for it, I don't find anything they produce to be particularly insightful or, importantly, unique. There's enough free resources for me to get my fix quite honestly. This place being the best.
EADT update? on 18:21 - Jun 28 with 2425 viewsArnieM

Even at a £1 p/ month it’s not worth it, and don’t get some started on the price of the actually newspapers.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

EADT update? on 18:39 - Jun 28 with 2352 viewsTheBoyBlue

I haven't been to the EADT for anything since the paywall. Only read it out of habit when bored, so I wasn't going to start paying for it. Haven't missed it either I'm afraid.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

EADT update? on 19:03 - Jun 28 with 2286 viewsChurchman

My dad still gets the EADT in old fogey hard copy form and when I’m not there they’re saved for me so I do see what’s written. Tbh on the basis of that, when the inevitable happens I won’t be paying for online.
Login to get fewer ads

EADT update? on 19:08 - Jun 28 with 2273 viewsgreyhound

EADT update? on 18:21 - Jun 28 by ArnieM

Even at a £1 p/ month it’s not worth it, and don’t get some started on the price of the actually newspapers.

They released subs to save them from dying print media... In feel like the subs are effectively the nail in the coffin. No chance of paying subs to read about Doris down the road hiring a tin pot builder and Derek cooking the largest pork pie in anglia
EADT update? on 19:22 - Jun 28 with 2209 viewsGeoffSentence

EADT update? on 16:15 - Jun 28 by Trequartista

It's not difficult to read the stories.

F5, Ctrl-A, Ctrl-Ins, Open notepad, Shift-Ins

Even easier in Firefox, reader-mode, refresh

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

EADT update? on 21:59 - Jun 28 with 1922 viewsTrequartista

EADT update? on 19:22 - Jun 28 by GeoffSentence

Even easier in Firefox, reader-mode, refresh

As per a different thread today, I think we've defined tin-pot.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

EADT update? on 08:39 - Jun 29 with 1587 viewsrickw

Didn't Ross go to Netherlands and interview all our ex players over there? I was disappointed not to get those interviews

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

EADT update? on 17:15 - Jun 29 with 1379 viewsDJR

EADT update? on 15:58 - Jun 28 by hype313

Not been many, if any pod's, generally quite quiet, Stuart done a few of his top 10 targets etc, but to be fair it's a dire time for any real juicy stuff.

They've surprising turned out some interesting articles despite the fallow period, including a running one with Tony Garnett's recollections of covering Town since about 1960.

One thing in their favour is that they are the only organisation in print who have an analysis of games and the like.
[Post edited 29 Jun 2023 17:15]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024