Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Knight 16:24 - Jul 9 with 3343 viewssaffers12

B City bound
Knight on 16:34 - Jul 9 with 3230 viewsJ2BLUE

You get the feeling he was, at best, plan b.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Knight on 16:48 - Jul 9 with 3105 viewsSitfcB

Knight on 16:34 - Jul 9 by J2BLUE

Probably used him as a bit of bait to make Peterborough give in.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Knight on 16:57 - Jul 9 with 3029 viewsCheltenham_Blue

That can't be right - Chico said he was signing here.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Knight on 17:18 - Jul 9 with 2836 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Really good signing for them. 2million seems a good price as well.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Knight on 09:18 - Jul 10 with 1886 viewsHighgateBlue

Knight on 16:34 - Jul 9 by J2BLUE

I don't feel like I've seen enough of Taylor and Knight to be able to form a view on which is the preferable signing (and of course it will depend on the respective size of the fees).

Is anyone able to offer a semi-informed comparison of the two?

[Clearly KMac is well on top of all realistic or even slightly realistic recruits, and he's more than earned our trust.]
Knight on 09:31 - Jul 10 with 1748 viewsJ2BLUE

Knight on 09:18 - Jul 10 by HighgateBlue

I don't feel like I've seen enough of Taylor and Knight to be able to form a view on which is the preferable signing (and of course it will depend on the respective size of the fees).

[Clearly KMac is well on top of all realistic or even slightly realistic recruits, and he's more than earned our trust.]

It's not a view based on how good they are. Entirely based on how we've been after Taylor for three windows. McKenna clearly wanted him as part of his long term vision.

I don't know a whole lot about Knight but would imagine he was plan b.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Knight on 09:50 - Jul 10 with 1626 viewsBiGDonnie

Knight on 16:57 - Jul 9 by Cheltenham_Blue

That can't be right - Chico said he was signing here.

I think we take this as final confirmation (if ever you needed it) that Chico's a messer.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Knight on 09:52 - Jul 10 with 1590 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Knight on 09:18 - Jul 10 by HighgateBlue

On one hand its hard to make a comparison because Jason Knight at times has been a victim of his own versatility and had to play at full back. But as a cm he is probably best described as a super energetic and competitive midfielder who's already played 100 games at championship level so a more proven player than Taylor.

But in terms of playing our system I think I prefer Taylor (not to say he is a better player) I think he is more likely to contribute to us in terms of G/A, makes some really intelligent runs in the final third and will probably be a better partner for Morsy in Mckennas set up.

Both good players. Knight probably better for Bristol City, Taylor probably better for us.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Login to get fewer ads

Knight on 10:01 - Jul 10 with 1518 viewscressi

Knight on 09:52 - Jul 10 by TRUE_BLUE123

On one hand its hard to make a comparison because Jason Knight at times has been a victim of his own versatility and had to play at full back. But as a cm he is probably best described as a super energetic and competitive midfielder who's already played 100 games at championship level so a more proven player than Taylor.

But in terms of playing our system I think I prefer Taylor (not to say he is a better player) I think he is more likely to contribute to us in terms of G/A, makes some really intelligent runs in the final third and will probably be a better partner for Morsy in Mckennas set up.

Both good players. Knight probably better for Bristol City, Taylor probably better for us.

The big difference is Taylor scores goals as well as being box to box like Knight also at 6ft 1 more of a presence.
Knight on 10:06 - Jul 10 with 1466 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Knight on 10:01 - Jul 10 by cressi

The big difference is Taylor scores goals as well as being box to box like Knight also at 6ft 1 more of a presence.

As I say though its hard with Knight to look at something like that because he's been shifted around in positions a lot, but I would speculate that Taylor will score more than Knight next season playing in this system.

And he is taller but defensively they aren't that far apart, don't think height is that important when it comes to being a 'presence'. Morsy isn't very tall but he certainly is.

Knight on 13:20 - Jul 10 with 1167 viewscressi

Knight on 10:06 - Jul 10 by TRUE_BLUE123

As I say though its hard with Knight to look at something like that because he's been shifted around in positions a lot, but I would speculate that Taylor will score more than Knight next season playing in this system.

And he is taller but defensively they aren't that far apart, don't think height is that important when it comes to being a 'presence'. Morsy isn't very tall but he certainly is.

Agree about height but midfield need a mix of heights more so centrally
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024