Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
RIP Trevor Francis 14:07 - Jul 24 with 4004 viewsMullet

Only 69 years old.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

RIP Trevor Francis on 14:13 - Jul 24 with 3282 viewsweepingx2018

what?? really?
RIP Trevor Francis on 14:14 - Jul 24 with 3263 viewsHorsham

Bloody hell.

Was the song ‘we’ve got tricky Trevor, he will play forever’.

RIP Trevor
RIP Trevor Francis on 14:19 - Jul 24 with 3218 viewsPaphosBlue

RIP Trevor Francis on 14:14 - Jul 24 by Horsham

Bloody hell.

Was the song ‘we’ve got tricky Trevor, he will play forever’.

RIP Trevor

So sad a great player wasn’t he the first £1m player?

Poll: What would Lambert have to do for you to accept him as Manager

RIP Trevor Francis on 14:27 - Jul 24 with 3134 viewsWeWereZombies

RIP Trevor Francis on 14:19 - Jul 24 by PaphosBlue

I believe so:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trevor_Francis

Bad day for people dying young, I can remember him playing so well against us, must have been early Seventies, wisdom beyond his years back then.

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

RIP Trevor Francis on 14:44 - Jul 24 with 3010 viewsFtnfwest

RIP. Remember going to Hillsborough around 1989 ish when we had 25 minutes at the start where we played like Brazil and were 2-0 up, so he brought himself off the bench and got Wednesday a draw (score both goals). Classic inside forward for Birmingham when i was growing up and Clough turned him into more of a striker.
RIP Trevor Francis on 14:45 - Jul 24 with 2978 viewsChurchman

I was lucky enough to see him play against us on a number of occasions. His record speaks for itself. A fantastic player and by all accounts a lovely bloke.

RIP Trevor.
RIP Trevor Francis on 14:48 - Jul 24 with 2964 viewsPhilTWTD

RIP Trevor Francis on 14:44 - Jul 24 by Ftnfwest

RIP. Remember going to Hillsborough around 1989 ish when we had 25 minutes at the start where we played like Brazil and were 2-0 up, so he brought himself off the bench and got Wednesday a draw (score both goals). Classic inside forward for Birmingham when i was growing up and Clough turned him into more of a striker.

Mick Mills was his assistant at Sheffield Wednesday for a while. Millsy told me he was at Hillsborough to co-commentate on a Town game with Terry Baxter and Francis heard he was there and got a message to him to ask him to come to his office after the match where he offered him the job.

RIP, remember the goal in the European Cup final against Malmo very well.
RIP Trevor Francis on 14:56 - Jul 24 with 2864 viewsDarth_Koont

RIP Trevor Francis on 14:19 - Jul 24 by PaphosBlue

Yes. Certainly not Trevor Francis’s fault but his transfer was the straw that broke the camel’s back for my Dad who pretty much gave up on football after “the silly money came in”.

Needless to say, clubs now being bought and sold for billions, players transferring for over 100 million and even getting paid hundreds of thousands a week hasn’t brought him back into the footballing fold!

Pronouns: He/Him

Login to get fewer ads

RIP Trevor Francis on 14:58 - Jul 24 with 2842 viewsRyorry

Way too young.

R.I.P.

Poll: Time of the annunciation

RIP Trevor Francis on 15:00 - Jul 24 with 2824 viewsIllinoisblue

Yep, was at that game. He absolutely turned that game around.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

RIP Trevor Francis on 15:05 - Jul 24 with 2779 viewsYallop2

Legend

Rip
RIP Trevor Francis on 15:09 - Jul 24 with 2753 viewsblueasfook

I remember the announcement he was the first million pound player on John Craven's Newsround. Which for the benefit of younger TWTD readers, was like a news program for kids.

Hunk trapped in a slob's body.
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

RIP Trevor Francis on 15:32 - Jul 24 with 2628 viewswischip

I remember as a kid watching that Forest v Malmo European Cup final. I think there had been doubters that he was worth the 1 million transfer. Then he scores the only goal of the final. Think that settles the argument.

Wasn't it Trevor that Brian Clough told to take his hands out of his pockets in a post match interview ?

RIP Trevor Francis
RIP Trevor Francis on 15:36 - Jul 24 with 2609 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Following on from the 'Dullest Encounter' thread.

I've been lucky enough to meet a few footballers, both playing and turned to the media.
At Birmingham City, the photographers shared the media room with all the other media, and I was there for Birmingham v Wigan, in the Prem, about 2010/11 season, I think.

Trevor Francis was obviously on either Sky or Radio duty, as a former Brum player of 9 years, was in the room, in a suit, (always wore a suit), as kick off approached, we all started leaving the room to head to our positions and Trevor Francis was just ahead of me as we made our way out.

Once you got under the stand TV and Radio turned left to go up into the main stand and photographers went right to go to the pitch. As I turned right, I heard, "Do you know where you're going mate", followed quickly by Trevor Francis, laughing saying, "I think I know my way around!"

As I turned back, saw a steward aged about 18, being ribbed mercilessly by his colleagues for asking former Birmingham Player 'if he knew where he was going'. Made me laugh at the time.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2023 16:19]

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

[Redacted] on 15:38 - Jul 24 with 2588 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
RIP Trevor Francis on 16:20 - Jul 24 with 2425 viewsjontysnut

[Redacted] on 15:38 - Jul 24 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

I won't be buying any green bananas then
RIP Trevor Francis on 17:26 - Jul 24 with 2307 viewsRegencyBlue

That’s no age!

I remember singing ‘what a waste of money’ to him, along with the rest of PR, not long after he moved to Forest in 1979. Obviously he wasn’t but …….

Shame.
RIP Trevor Francis on 17:31 - Jul 24 with 2273 viewsgainsboroughblue

RIP Trevor Francis on 15:00 - Jul 24 by Illinoisblue

Yep, was at that game. He absolutely turned that game around.

Me three. Atmosphere completely changed when he came on and we were fortunate to get a point in the end. That Sheff Weds side was ridiculous for that level that season and still only finished third, although that was still enough for autos back then.

His Birmingham side seemed to have a bit of a hex over us during those Burley promotion challenge years as well. I was glad we didn't play Brum in that 2000 play-off final.

RIP Trev.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

RIP Trevor Francis on 17:35 - Jul 24 with 2262 viewsEastTownBlue

RIP Trevor Francis on 17:26 - Jul 24 by RegencyBlue

That’s no age!

I remember singing ‘what a waste of money’ to him, along with the rest of PR, not long after he moved to Forest in 1979. Obviously he wasn’t but …….

Shame.

That was a bit before my time but I do recall him mentioning that a number of years later in an interview. He did say “they were probably right”.
RIP Trevor Francis on 17:38 - Jul 24 with 2245 viewsnorfsufblue

RIP..very sad BUT... didn't Cloughie say that he actually cost £999,999 just because he didn't want him ladened with the £1mill tag...or something?
RIP Trevor Francis on 17:45 - Jul 24 with 2213 viewsstrikalite

RIP Trevor Francis on 17:38 - Jul 24 by norfsufblue

RIP..very sad BUT... didn't Cloughie say that he actually cost £999,999 just because he didn't want him ladened with the £1mill tag...or something?

I didn't know this but apparently Cloughie took great delight in clarifying that he never paid £1m but yes £999,999....you can just picture him saying that in an interview too..
RIP Trevor Francis on 18:07 - Jul 24 with 2172 viewssolemio

I recall one game when we beat Brum comfortably but all our fans agreed TF was man of t he match.
RIP Trevor Francis on 18:17 - Jul 24 with 2152 viewsBlueBoots

RIP Trev; proper centre-forward...

...and as I was born in the area, I can confirm that back in the day it was indeed possible to buy one of his tracksuits from a mush in Shepherd's Bush.

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

RIP Trevor Francis on 18:52 - Jul 24 with 2080 viewsITFC_Forever

December 1990 it was.

I can remember that game too, our best performance of the season and that was against a very good Weds side of the time.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

RIP Trevor Francis on 19:00 - Jul 24 with 2062 viewsCoastalblue

I remember seeing him at PR in his Forest days and just being astounded at how quick he was over the first 20 yards, he really was greased lightning and not a bad all round player to go with it. I think Franz Carr was in the same side?

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024