Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hladky's involvement in the goals we have scored 09:42 - Oct 6 with 3355 viewsBluebacker

I was interested in how many goals we have scored where Hladky has played a part in the build up by making a key pass or passing out when under pressure from the opposition.

Stoke (2nd goal)
Hladky pressed by opposition player, 6 passes later: goal.

Sheffield Wednesday
Hladky pressed by opposition player, 4 passes later: goal.

Blackburn (2nd goal)
Wolfie comes to take the ball off of Hladky but Hladky sees Clarke in space and plays a quick pass to him instead, 3 passes later: goal.

Wolves (1st goal)
Hladky rushes high up the pitch to clear a ball to Harness, 4 passes later: goal.

Hull (2nd goal)
Hladky pressed by 2 opposition players, 6 passes later: goal.

Hull (3rd goal)
Hladky on a freekick, sees Hirst, 2 passes later: goal.

That is at least 6 occasions I can think of where he has made a key pass or pass under pressure which has then resulted in us scoring a goal a few seconds later. In all the league games and one cup game Hladky has played in so far, we have scored 24 goals. That means that he has had a key involvement in 1/4 of our goals. And that doesn't even include any other goals we have scored by playing out from the back (such as the 20 passes leading to Taylor's goal against Wolves, of which Hladky had 2).

Anyway, I just found that interesting.
Hladky's involvement in the goals we have scored on 13:06 - Oct 6 with 343 viewsTractorJack

Really had no idea he was this good on the ball until now. Genuinely Ederson levels against Hull.
Hladky's involvement in the goals we have scored on 13:08 - Oct 6 with 333 viewsSheffordBlue

Hladky's involvement in the goals we have scored on 12:40 - Oct 6 by itfcjoe

I personally don't think that is the case, more that his body of work is nothing like Walton's - he did well at St Mirren and then in League 2 in a Behind Closed Doors season.

It's a very tough decision for McKenna, but it is getting easier now as just couldn't drop him - I don't think he'll get as much rope as Walton had last season, but his Goals Prevented ratio is fantastic plus his footballing ability is getting better and better

I think swapping out Burgess for tactical reasons suggests McKenna could do the same with the goalkeepers. The team are so well drilled that I think the risk is much less than it might be.

Walton for games where we might get a lot of high balls into the box. Hladky when we might face a high press or need the better sweeper keeper.

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Hladky's involvement in the goals we have scored on 13:27 - Oct 6 with 316 viewspedrail

Hladky's involvement in the goals we have scored on 13:08 - Oct 6 by SheffordBlue

I think swapping out Burgess for tactical reasons suggests McKenna could do the same with the goalkeepers. The team are so well drilled that I think the risk is much less than it might be.

Walton for games where we might get a lot of high balls into the box. Hladky when we might face a high press or need the better sweeper keeper.

Exactly this. And it will keep both keepers involved and happy.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024