Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Disabled access for away fans 19:38 - Oct 8 with 2278 viewsDinDjarin

Watched this and felt pretty sorry for the guy..

Is it something that needs addressing and how would we?

Disabled access for away fans on 19:51 - Oct 8 with 2164 viewsFrimleyBlue

Why sorry tho.

He's upset that he can't swear. Is it mandatory to swear when supporting a side?

No it's not ideal sitting with home fans. But they've got in. They've got a cracking view.

Imo they're creating the drama rather than concentrating in the issue which imo should be no access for disabled away fans to sit with their own fans.

Unfortunately this seems especially over social media to have turned into the carer not agreeing with stewards asking them not to do things.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Disabled access for away fans on 20:36 - Oct 8 with 2026 viewsSitfcB

It’s always well advertised on the away teams ticket info that the wheelchair bays are separate from the main away area, always has been and it’s always been that area, they would’ve been aware they were there when getting the tickets.

Steward was probably being a bit of a jobsworth with regards to the swearing and singing thing but no evidence of him actually saying it.

It’s not the best look for the club but then two seemed determined to be negative about the whole experience from the off, but maybe the club need some sort of away fans disability officer who assist the away fans each game in that area and getting them to and from the entrance, getting their HT stuff (although not being funny the able bodied boy could’ve surely have gone downstairs at HT to get whatever they wanted)

The club aren’t going to spend 1000s of £’s to put a disabled bit in the away end which will be demolished very soon.
[Post edited 8 Oct 2023 20:38]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Disabled access for away fans on 20:37 - Oct 8 with 2023 viewshammo56

Daughter is a wheelchair user and I reckon we must have done about 70 of the 92 away grounds in this country together as well as quite a few others across Europe when we were following England away.
I agree that being in with the home fans is not a ideal situation but if you want to be at the game then sometimes you have to accept that is what it is. In the past Portsmouth and Millwall away were interesting experiences although Millwall have now put the away wheelchair users in the lower tier behind the goal with away fans.
I can’t see anything changing at Portman Road in the near future but if eventually away fans are moved to SAR stand then the away disabled might be put in with them. With regards to the food ordering yes there is a problem with that as I know our own fans have also complained about it.
Disabled access for away fans on 21:42 - Oct 8 with 1859 viewsitfc_bucks

Disabled access for away fans on 20:37 - Oct 8 by hammo56

Daughter is a wheelchair user and I reckon we must have done about 70 of the 92 away grounds in this country together as well as quite a few others across Europe when we were following England away.
I agree that being in with the home fans is not a ideal situation but if you want to be at the game then sometimes you have to accept that is what it is. In the past Portsmouth and Millwall away were interesting experiences although Millwall have now put the away wheelchair users in the lower tier behind the goal with away fans.
I can’t see anything changing at Portman Road in the near future but if eventually away fans are moved to SAR stand then the away disabled might be put in with them. With regards to the food ordering yes there is a problem with that as I know our own fans have also complained about it.

As a SAR (semi)regular, I'd be gutted if we lost our seats to the away mob.
Disabled access for away fans on 09:19 - Oct 9 with 1556 viewssoupytwist

Disabled access for away fans on 20:37 - Oct 8 by hammo56

I sit a few rows behind the wheelchair area in upper SAR and noticed for the first time on Saturday that there is a QR code cable tied to the barrier, which looks to be for ordering drinks/food from one of the kiosks on the concourse.
Is that a new development do you know?
Disabled access for away fans on 10:07 - Oct 9 with 1493 viewshammo56

Disabled access for away fans on 09:19 - Oct 9 by soupytwist

I sit a few rows behind the wheelchair area in upper SAR and noticed for the first time on Saturday that there is a QR code cable tied to the barrier, which looks to be for ordering drinks/food from one of the kiosks on the concourse.
Is that a new development do you know?

Yes the QR code has come into place this season. However, I know that some fans have complained that it is not working properly and they have either been unable to place a order or the orders have been incomplete.
Disabled access for away fans on 11:40 - Oct 9 with 1384 viewssoupytwist

Disabled access for away fans on 10:07 - Oct 9 by hammo56

Yes the QR code has come into place this season. However, I know that some fans have complained that it is not working properly and they have either been unable to place a order or the orders have been incomplete.

Thanks. Hope they get it sorted out.
Disabled access for away fans on 15:04 - Oct 9 with 1213 viewsCityBlue

I also saw this video and thought that maybe they should incorporate disabled seating in the current ambulant area for away fans in the Cobbold Lower.

I T I D

Login to get fewer ads

Disabled access for away fans on 15:44 - Oct 9 with 1176 viewsGeoffSentence

Disabled access for away fans on 15:04 - Oct 9 by CityBlue

I also saw this video and thought that maybe they should incorporate disabled seating in the current ambulant area for away fans in the Cobbold Lower.

I wonder if the issue there is provision of disabled toilets.

I don't know what the facilities in the away end are like, but if there are no disabled toilets there I don't think they can incorporate disabled seating.

With the Cobbold being considered for redevelopment I doubt the club would be willing to invest in new facilitities there at the moment.

All this seems to be a hangover of the lack of investment during the ME years.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024