Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are we running out of striker options? 06:25 - Jan 17 with 6367 viewsbobbyramsey

It’s all very well saying move on but who to? A bit disappointing……

I assume we’ve missed out on our first two choices or will KM and Ashton still pull a surprise “rabbit” out of the hat?

Preferably a brace of rabbits……
[Post edited 17 Jan 6:26]
Are we running out of striker options? on 06:36 - Jan 17 with 3560 viewsKieran_Knows

What will be, will be.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Are we running out of striker options? on 06:44 - Jan 17 with 3531 viewsfranz_tyson

Dunno..... but I don't want us to either do a panic Ahadme-like signing or pay way, way too much on a mediocre striker who won't fit.

Get a list of targets who will fit and are are feasible within our budget and work through the list. If it doesn't happen... then keep our money in our pocket and... be nice to Kayden We'regoing to need him.
This isnt a criticism ... but we've been over reliant on Hirst too much and it's obvious we would struggle without him. Hindsight and all that.... but Freddie doesn't fit and has been a passenger and ideally he should have left and we should have brought another senior striker in the summer ready to step in.
I would imagine this was due to us pursuing targets in the summer too long which amounted to nothing. It wouldn't be the first time Ashton pulled a rabbit out and surprised us all. His record isn't 100% , but pretty good.
Are we running out of striker options? on 06:51 - Jan 17 with 3492 viewsurbanblue

For goodness sake, we're talking about a club who probably have a huge database of stats and info for literally dozens of players. Just because we may have missed out on two potential targets that have been publicly talked about do you really think that's it and Ashton and Co are just shrugging their shoulders and going 'Oh well' ...

Patience,there's a while to go yet and you can bet that there are continual enquiries and conversations going on.
[Post edited 17 Jan 6:53]
Are we running out of striker options? on 07:20 - Jan 17 with 3360 viewsBlueNomad

Many transfers don't happen until the last day of the window - there is time
Are we running out of striker options? on 07:25 - Jan 17 with 3328 viewsBlueySwede

First of all, Ashton/the owners/McKenna have been great, so this is not
criticism or pointing fingers.
But. If we fail to get a striker (or two) in for another transfer window, questions must be raised in terms of what markets we are looking at (or not looking at). Are we (the club) naive in terms of what we think a decent striker costs? Are we too focused on one or two players, and when that fails we are without other options?
Still lots of time left of the transfer window, so I´m still hoping that Ashton will surprise us all. While I admit Jackson was good on Saturday, I don´t think we will reach automatic promotion with him and Ladapo as the only striker options.
Are we running out of striker options? on 07:31 - Jan 17 with 3277 viewschicoazul

Gonna be the Watford guy. Or Adam Armstrong depending on how skint Saints are feeling!

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Are we running out of striker options? on 07:53 - Jan 17 with 3135 viewsHerbivore

Are we running out of striker options? on 07:31 - Jan 17 by chicoazul

Gonna be the Watford guy. Or Adam Armstrong depending on how skint Saints are feeling!

Can't believe you're still banging the Adam Armstrong drum. There's more chance of me being a Town player by the end of the window than there is of him joining us.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Are we running out of striker options? on 07:57 - Jan 17 with 3071 viewschicoazul

Are we running out of striker options? on 07:53 - Jan 17 by Herbivore

Can't believe you're still banging the Adam Armstrong drum. There's more chance of me being a Town player by the end of the window than there is of him joining us.

I’m trying to manifest it into existence

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Login to get fewer ads

Are we running out of striker options? on 07:58 - Jan 17 with 3058 viewsHerbivore

Are we running out of striker options? on 07:57 - Jan 17 by chicoazul

I’m trying to manifest it into existence

I appreciate it mate, but I'm a good few years past my best and carrying a knee injury.

Are we running out of striker options? on 08:13 - Jan 17 with 2975 viewscressi

Are we running out of striker options? on 07:31 - Jan 17 by chicoazul

More chance of Louis oe Neil Armstrong
Are we running out of striker options? on 08:15 - Jan 17 with 2974 viewsStadiumofdark

Are we running out of striker options? on 07:58 - Jan 17 by Herbivore

I appreciate it mate, but I'm a good few years past my best and carrying a knee injury.

Thank the Lord we're not still in the ME era. You'd be nailed on
Are we running out of striker options? on 08:20 - Jan 17 with 2943 viewshomer_123

Are we running out of striker options? on 07:25 - Jan 17 by BlueySwede

But. If we fail to get a striker (or two) in for another transfer window, questions must be raised in terms of what markets we are looking at (or not looking at). Are we (the club) naive in terms of what we think a decent striker costs? Are we too focused on one or two players, and when that fails we are without other options?
Still lots of time left of the transfer window, so I´m still hoping that Ashton will surprise us all. While I admit Jackson was good on Saturday, I don´t think we will reach automatic promotion with him and Ladapo as the only striker options.

You do understand how transfer windows work, right? Not only that but the Jan transfer window is a mare as well.

Overinflated prices, Clubs not really wanting to sell and certainly not wanting to until their business is done.

Couple that with the fact we no longer just go out and buy but have a clearly defined process.

All of which has stood us in great stead (would he be an option I wonder) so far. So, I find you post a little odd.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Are we running out of striker options? on 08:24 - Jan 17 with 2903 viewstextbackup

I’ve kind of accepted we’ll not sign someone, might even be Scarlett back on loan on something.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Are we running out of striker options? on 08:28 - Jan 17 with 2854 viewscressi

Are we running out of striker options? on 08:24 - Jan 17 by textbackup

I’ve kind of accepted we’ll not sign someone, might even be Scarlett back on loan on something.

Scarlet I would be depressed done nothing here no better than what we have might be one day but not at present definitely won't get promoted with him as a number 9
Are we running out of striker options? on 08:32 - Jan 17 with 2834 viewshomer_123

17th Jan and you've given up!

Are we running out of striker options? on 08:34 - Jan 17 with 2827 viewsHerbivore

We'll definitely bring in a centre forward. I'm not sure we'll get the two we would ideally like to give us better cover, but we'll sign one. We're only halfway through the transfer window and it always gets busier in the latter part of it. We've only got one more league game this month and it's one where Jackson is actually a pretty good fit to play in so we don't need to be panicking at this stage.
[Post edited 17 Jan 8:34]

Are we running out of striker options? on 08:39 - Jan 17 with 2785 viewstractorboy1978

Are we running out of striker options? on 07:25 - Jan 17 by BlueySwede

As I posted elsewhere, I don't believe any strikers have moved to Championship clubs yet. If we were missing out on players left, right and centre I'd be a bit concerned but a striker from anywhere seems to be an incredibly difficult find at the moment.
Are we running out of striker options? on 08:41 - Jan 17 with 2764 viewshomer_123

Whilst it would have been great to get our business done early. I'm neither surprised nor disappointed we haven't.

The Club deserve our trust and patience - they have earnt it.

I'd rather they do the right thing than panic, which would have been very easy after the Hirst injury.

Are we running out of striker options? on 08:42 - Jan 17 with 2756 viewsGavTWTD

I still think Gallagher could be an option. Something would have to happen like us upping our offer or Sam throwing his toys out of the pram but there's time for it to change, but yes it is disappointing. Good example of why MA wants to keep things on the quiet.

Edit. Slight typo

This post has been edited by an administrator

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Are we running out of striker options? on 08:44 - Jan 17 with 2722 viewsFrimleyBlue

Are we running out of striker options? on 08:42 - Jan 17 by GavTWTD

I still think Gallagher could be an option. Something would have to happen like us upping our offer or Sam throwing his toys out of the pram but there's time for it to change, but yes it is disappointing. Good example of why MA wants to keep things on the quiet.

Edit. Slight typo

"God example of why MA wants to keep things on the quiet."

Exactly, minimises how many targets missed the fans know about. very savvy that Mr Ashton

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Are we running out of striker options? on 08:45 - Jan 17 with 2706 viewsHerbivore

Are we running out of striker options? on 08:42 - Jan 17 by GavTWTD

Edit. Slight typo

Indeed, and I'd also be amazed if he's our only iron in the fire. In fact I wouldn't be hugely surprised if he is intended as an insurance option whilst we're pursuing more ambitious targets that have more moving parts that need to fall into place. Doubtless there will be players none of us have even thought of who we could be interested in but need other deals or players to recover from injury before they can be done.

Are we running out of striker options? on 08:47 - Jan 17 with 2698 viewsKieran_Knows

I think we’ll get 1. Then it’ll be the new striker, Jackson and Broadhead as options up top with the hope we can get Hirst back fit for the run in around April time.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Are we running out of striker options? on 08:49 - Jan 17 with 2668 viewsZapers

Are we running out of striker options? on 07:53 - Jan 17 by Herbivore

I'm confident Armstrong will not be joining town, whether Southampton are skint or not!

I'm also confident you can pack your boots away for another day;)
Are we running out of striker options? on 08:54 - Jan 17 with 2616 viewsHerbivore

Are we running out of striker options? on 08:47 - Jan 17 by Kieran_Knows

I think we’ll get 1. Then it’ll be the new striker, Jackson and Broadhead as options up top with the hope we can get Hirst back fit for the run in around April time.

With Buabo getting match fit and switching on beast mode to take the league by surprise as a 70 minute change up.

Are we running out of striker options? on 09:02 - Jan 17 with 2566 viewstextbackup

Are we running out of striker options? on 08:32 - Jan 17 by homer_123

17th Jan and you've given up!

I’m a supporter, it doesn’t matter a fck if I’ve given up thinking we may bring someone in. I can’t change that outcome.

Posting on here 7000 times about it won’t make anything magically happen.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024