Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
You know what, we are going to do this arent we 18:26 - Feb 17 with 10917 viewsKeno

We will be top two come the end of the season

Just a feeling, similar to how I felt last season after the Bolton game

COYBs!!

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

You know what, we are going to do this arent we on 10:50 - Feb 18 with 2396 viewsHerbivore

You know what, we are going to do this arent we on 10:47 - Feb 18 by tractorboy1978

It's a big 5 games for Leicester too. 12 points clear of us at the moment and perhaps being dismissed as being home and hosed but we have a game in hand on them and up next they have:

Leeds (a)
QPR (h)
Sunderland (a)
Hull (a)
Southampton (h)

That's a run of games they could easily only pick up 5/6 points from off the back of a defeat yesterday.

It would be amazing if Leicester somehow got dragged back into the mix but I think they'll bounce back. They've had a few shock results like yesterday and have tended to recover well. It would certainly put the cat amongst the pigeons if, in 5 games' time, there's only a couple of points separating the top 4.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

You know what, we are going to do this arent we on 10:54 - Feb 18 with 2367 viewsKeno

You know what, we are going to do this arent we on 10:48 - Feb 18 by Alberto_the_frog

Recent results such as Southampton and Leicester losing show that accuracy of predictions is down to luck as much as anything. The top three still have to play each other, however. My favourite scenario remains Saints drawing with Leeds on last day and us winning to leapfrog them both.
[Post edited 18 Feb 10:49]

Not sure how my nerves or anal sphincter would cope with that

You know what, we are going to do this arent we on 10:59 - Feb 18 with 2351 viewsbazza

I don’t believe the new players have bedded in yet either, when you look at the points we dropped, obviously hirst out injured leif had a game or two out injured, issues with Williams, morsy suspensions no Real cover, and the worst run of games you could wish for, to come out of it potentially after Tuesday with 1 point in it for an auto spot, is ridiculous, if the players all
Gel, and looking at al hamadi yesterday, as an option off the bench with Hutchinson Sarmiento travis We have a real chance. We’ve had our bad patch, back to back wins, confidence on the up, WE CAN FECKIINNNGGG DO THIS !!!
You know what, we are going to do this arent we on 11:25 - Feb 18 with 2312 viewsAlberto_the_frog

You know what, we are going to do this arent we on 10:54 - Feb 18 by Keno

Not sure how my nerves or anal sphincter would cope with that

I've just been diagnosed with high cholesterol, so I might be watching it on my phone outside the Co-op next to the defibrillator just in case!
You know what, we are going to do this arent we on 11:28 - Feb 18 with 2296 viewsChurchman

You know what, we are going to do this arent we on 10:50 - Feb 18 by Herbivore

It would be amazing if Leicester somehow got dragged back into the mix but I think they'll bounce back. They've had a few shock results like yesterday and have tended to recover well. It would certainly put the cat amongst the pigeons if, in 5 games' time, there's only a couple of points separating the top 4.

It would, but for me Leicester are the least impressive of the three when I’ve watched them - yet to blow that perception away - they’re still clear at the top.

Fourteen games left doesn’t sound many but as we saw last season, it is. Could they ‘do a Wednesday?’ No, I think Leicester will do it ok. Points in the bank, the odd blow up isn’t going to harm them, given their powers of recovery. But it might get interesting if they lose Saturday’s game.
You know what, we are going to do this arent we on 12:28 - Feb 18 with 2262 viewsBondiBlue

Love it! That's the spirit.

I notoced mckenna leaning heavily on the underdog mentality in his post-match. He's a smart man and it's worked before.

Poll: Which would you accept?

You know what, we are going to do this arent we on 12:35 - Feb 18 with 2243 viewsWeWereZombies

You know what, we are going to do this arent we on 12:28 - Feb 18 by BondiBlue

Love it! That's the spirit.

I notoced mckenna leaning heavily on the underdog mentality in his post-match. He's a smart man and it's worked before.

We don't get parachute payments, we are the underdog...

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

You know what, we are going to do this arent we on 21:08 - Feb 21 with 2068 viewsBondiBlue

Rotherham at home felt a lot like this season's version of port vale at home. Winning whilst playing so badly makes me more convinced we're going up, not less.

Poll: Which would you accept?

Login to get fewer ads

You know what, we are going to do this arent we on 09:45 - Feb 22 with 1960 viewsKeno

You know what, we are going to do this arent we on 21:08 - Feb 21 by BondiBlue

Rotherham at home felt a lot like this season's version of port vale at home. Winning whilst playing so badly makes me more convinced we're going up, not less.

Funny but that thought crossed my mind at the end

You know what, we are going to do this arent we on 10:42 - Feb 22 with 1916 viewsEuropablue

You know what, we are going to do this arent we on 18:39 - Feb 17 by Keno

well we have Southampton to play

Leeds have Leicester, Southampton and away games at Watford and Middlesbrough

Soithamptopn us, Leeds and Leicester

so you never know

I think a lot depends on the form of Leicester and Coventry. Also, teams are playing for their lives at the end of the season, so a midtable side is probably going to be easier than a bottom side scrapping for their lives.
Southampton have a tough run in. If we beat them, then I can't see them finishing above us. If Leeds don't win against Leicester, then the door will be wide open for us.
You know what, we are going to do this arent we on 10:45 - Feb 22 with 1905 viewsHerbivore

You know what, we are going to do this arent we on 10:42 - Feb 22 by Europablue

I think a lot depends on the form of Leicester and Coventry. Also, teams are playing for their lives at the end of the season, so a midtable side is probably going to be easier than a bottom side scrapping for their lives.
Southampton have a tough run in. If we beat them, then I can't see them finishing above us. If Leeds don't win against Leicester, then the door will be wide open for us.

Every single one of Leeds' away fixtures is against a side either battling for 6th or scrapping to avoid the drop. They've done well away lately but generally are a lot poorer when not at Elland Road, so I think there is still scope for them to drop a fair number of points in those away games.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

You know what, we are going to do this arent we on 10:45 - Feb 22 with 1906 viewsEuropablue

You know what, we are going to do this arent we on 20:41 - Feb 17 by Basuco

April is going to be a very tough month, Saints, scum, Watford, Boro, Cov, Hull. Not out of the question but will be a big task.

All of which we've beaten apart from Norwich who were very fortunate to get a point off us.
You know what, we are going to do this arent we on 10:49 - Feb 22 with 1897 viewsEuropablue

You know what, we are going to do this arent we on 08:41 - Feb 18 by gosblue

We are still alive. I had a feeling at the start of the season that we could surprise this league. Realistically or maybe trying to play it down, I thought maybe top ten, I was hoping for play offs and of course to finish above our avian neighbours. But here we are. We are 3 points away from Sunderland’s 6th place total from last season with 14 games to go. 2 points a game would give us 94 points and if that isn’t enough to get us automatic promotion, then well done to anyone who finishes above us.

I predicted that we would scrape 6th and get into the playoffs. I knew that we had a good group of players and a playing style that suits higher levels better than league one.
You know what, we are going to do this arent we on 10:54 - Feb 22 with 1890 viewsEuropablue

You know what, we are going to do this arent we on 10:48 - Feb 18 by Alberto_the_frog

Recent results such as Southampton and Leicester losing show that accuracy of predictions is down to luck as much as anything. The top three still have to play each other, however. My favourite scenario remains Saints drawing with Leeds on last day and us winning to leapfrog them both.
[Post edited 18 Feb 10:49]

As soon as I noticed that Saints have to play Leeds on the final day, it seemed pre-ordained that they would draw and we would overtake them at the last!
You know what, we are going to do this arent we on 11:01 - Feb 22 with 1870 viewssmithy69

You know what, we are going to do this arent we on 22:31 - Feb 17 by Churchman

It is. Leeds and Southampton look a far too good.

Of the remaining games though, only Southampton are above us. Concentrate on our games, maybe go on a bit of a run and who knows... it’s a great opportunity and unlike the two above, there’s no pressure on us.

Southampton are far too good? They are below us - and are in a awful little run
You know what, we are going to do this arent we on 13:12 - Feb 22 with 1738 viewsChurchman

You know what, we are going to do this arent we on 11:01 - Feb 22 by smithy69

Southampton are far too good? They are below us - and are in a awful little run

My view was on the basis of watching them wipe the floor with West Brom last Friday and having been on a ridiculous run since the autumn. I put the Bristol City defeat down to a bad day at the office and a good performance by Bristol but two defeats in three matches now, manager flapping his mouth a bit too much? I stand corrected.

I still think they may well finish above us. Same with Leeds. But I said before the Tues match, win that and we are on a run ourselves. And so we are. We just need to avoid the noise, the pundits, the hype and trust in what McKenna and the boys say and do. Focus on ourselves.

They are leaving it all out there and that’s all you can ever ask. They actually have a real chance now. Who knows. What I do know is that I’m proud of that team and love watching them play. It won’t always go right, but that ok. The team is developing and the club is growing. That’ll do me after all the years of decline and rubbish football.
You know what, we are going to do this arent we on 13:33 - Feb 22 with 1710 viewsOldFart71

Is our squad able to keep up with Leeds and Southampton . I have distanced Leicester as I think they are up. So it's one from three. Personally I'm not convinced with our defence. I don't see any problems with us scoring. Hladky along with Woolfie have both made errors leading to goals. Hladky needs to be better at some of his decisions and Woolfie needs to be stronger as he's been muscled out one on one and with a header. I don't know the attributes of Saints defence, but Leeds look strong all over the pitch. If we were to miss out on automatic I'd rather play Southampton than Leeds.
You know what, we are going to do this arent we on 17:06 - Mar 2 with 1412 viewsKeno

You know what, we are going to do this arent we on 13:33 - Feb 22 by OldFart71

Is our squad able to keep up with Leeds and Southampton . I have distanced Leicester as I think they are up. So it's one from three. Personally I'm not convinced with our defence. I don't see any problems with us scoring. Hladky along with Woolfie have both made errors leading to goals. Hladky needs to be better at some of his decisions and Woolfie needs to be stronger as he's been muscled out one on one and with a header. I don't know the attributes of Saints defence, but Leeds look strong all over the pitch. If we were to miss out on automatic I'd rather play Southampton than Leeds.

bump bump bumpily bump

You know what, we are going to do this arent we on 22:08 - Mar 5 with 1268 viewsKeno

You know what, we are going to do this arent we on 17:06 - Mar 2 by Keno

bump bump bumpily bump

bump bump bumpily bump

You know what, we are going to do this arent we on 22:44 - Mar 5 with 1188 viewsPinewoodblue

You know what, we are going to do this arent we on 18:32 - Feb 17 by textbackup

I’d love for you to be right… but regardless of what we do, them other 2 just aren’t going to drop more points than we gain, unfortunately

You’re the life & soul of any party.should all 3 teams carry on as they are we will still be second.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

You know what, we are going to do this arent we on 23:00 - Mar 5 with 1153 viewsKropotkin123

You know what, we are going to do this arent we on 22:44 - Mar 5 by Pinewoodblue

You’re the life & soul of any party.should all 3 teams carry on as they are we will still be second.

At this point some people are locked in. It would be bad lick for them to change

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

You know what, we are going to do this arent we on 11:07 - Mar 10 with 970 viewsKeno

You know what, we are going to do this arent we on 23:00 - Mar 5 by Kropotkin123

At this point some people are locked in. It would be bad lick for them to change

even after yesterday bump bump bumpily bump

You know what, we are going to do this arent we on 11:14 - Mar 10 with 955 viewsbazza

We will be like herbie, when the car splits in half , and the back end finishes first place, that’s how special the end of the season is going to be ..
You know what, we are going to do this arent we on 11:29 - Mar 10 with 931 viewsReus30

You know what, we are going to do this arent we on 11:07 - Mar 10 by Keno

even after yesterday bump bump bumpily bump

I feel like these bumps are jinxes....
You know what, we are going to do this arent we on 11:32 - Mar 10 with 918 viewsKeno

You know what, we are going to do this arent we on 11:29 - Mar 10 by Reus30

I feel like these bumps are jinxes....

oh now thats a challenging thought

you could be right

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024