Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jack Taylor 18:35 - Apr 2 with 1609 viewsChurchman

He’s had his critics on here. And tbh I wasn’t sure whether it was going to work out but he was excellent last night. He made a big difference at both ends of the field and his first time through ball to Broadhead cut them in two.

Should he start Saturday instead of Luongo?
Jack Taylor on 18:37 - Apr 2 with 1572 viewsMK1

I like him. Going to be a great signing.
Jack Taylor on 18:39 - Apr 2 with 1553 viewsFunge

He was excellent last night, and also very good against Brizzle when he came on, too.

Luongo has been terrific for us, but struggled last night against an excellent midfield pairing of Downes and Stuart Armstrong. There's no shame at all in that - they're both very good players - but it's perhaps the first time Luongo has looked 2nd best for us, in the 15 months he's been here.

Morsy was imperious, and will deal with McLean on Saturday - maybe Taylor should get a start....
Jack Taylor on 18:39 - Apr 2 with 1548 viewsNutkins_Return

Suspect Luongo starts if not jaded. His legs and running in midfield could be useful. The flip side is Luongo gives so much more protection and is an expert on the dark arts on the pitch. Taylor can lack a bit of game management (improving under McKenna) and keeping us ticking over at the right time. I would be very tempted to go with Taylor as it's inevitable we won't be completely fresh.
Jack Taylor on 18:51 - Apr 2 with 1457 viewsCheltenham_Blue

If Taylor has had his critics on here, then I've missed all of it, or the criticism has been at a very low level.

However, it's a difficult one. Taylors performance yesterday, (and Luongo's), should have won him a chance to take a shirt but his style of play is more about how we finish rather than how we start.

I suspect it'll be Morsy and Luongo to start, Travis and Taylor to finish, and probably keep Morsy from an inevitable yellow.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Jack Taylor on 18:56 - Apr 2 with 1419 viewsbackwaywhen

Jack Taylor on 18:51 - Apr 2 by Cheltenham_Blue

If Taylor has had his critics on here, then I've missed all of it, or the criticism has been at a very low level.

However, it's a difficult one. Taylors performance yesterday, (and Luongo's), should have won him a chance to take a shirt but his style of play is more about how we finish rather than how we start.

I suspect it'll be Morsy and Luongo to start, Travis and Taylor to finish, and probably keep Morsy from an inevitable yellow.

On the Morsy note , how many yellows left before ban , is it one or two ?
Jack Taylor on 19:01 - Apr 2 with 1372 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Jack Taylor on 18:56 - Apr 2 by backwaywhen

On the Morsy note , how many yellows left before ban , is it one or two ?

Another two. The Budgies will be in his ear from the get go

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Jack Taylor on 20:04 - Apr 2 with 1171 viewsBLUEGOLD

Jack Taylor on 19:01 - Apr 2 by Cheltenham_Blue

Another two. The Budgies will be in his ear from the get go

We can only afford him to have 1 more to avoid a ban
Jack Taylor on 20:12 - Apr 2 with 1136 viewsSwansea_Blue

I don’t recall any criticism; I think we all like him, don’t we? Maybe we were expecting him to feature more, but you can’t drop Mass, he’s been fantastic. Having Taylor as another option is a massive bonus and he was superb last night. That he can play relatively little and then come on and do that is testament to how superb KM and Pert and the backroom team have been in managing the squad.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

Jack Taylor on 20:28 - Apr 2 with 1035 viewslmfcblue

He was a massive miss when out injured which was in our “bad patch”
Jack Taylor on 20:37 - Apr 2 with 979 views_clive_baker_

He’s a good player, I really like him. Bit of a throw back #8, good range of passing, hell of a shot on him, really strong ball carrier too. His big strides really get us up the pitch well at times.

I’m sure he would’ve wanted to play more but it’s important to remember he’s only 25. And when you consider Travis is on loan, Ball is likely off, and Luongo & Morsy aren’t getting any younger he’s got every chance of having a great career at Town imo.
Jack Taylor on 21:06 - Apr 2 with 873 viewsN2_Blue

He's a good player. Should we go up i think he will be one of those that excel and becomes more effective for us, in a similar way that Jermaine Wright was a better player for us in the Prem than he was in the promotion season.

He is tecnically good enough. That pass for Broadhead for the goal was so simple but many players wouldn't have had the vision in that moment to play it first time or at the right pace, tht goal only happens by playing if first time. Some take a touch there and then look around to see what ball they can play.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Jack Taylor on 21:19 - Apr 2 with 805 viewsFrimleyBlue

Personally think Taylor should be one of the first subs brought in any game.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024