Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Away end last night.... 08:29 - May 1 with 1082 viewsITFC_Forever

.... was a weird combination of nerves individually, but unwavering support to drive the team on collectively.

Unsurprisingly, most would have been at Barnsley last season and there were a number of Blue Army and Blue & White Army chants to replicate the noise at Oakwell.

As the end approached, everyone around me was a ball of nervous tension before unleasing the pent up joy of the situation.
The players and coaching staff drank it all in as well - everyone knows it's not done yet, but last night was another step.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Away end last night.... on 08:36 - May 1 with 1013 viewsArnieM

It was stunning wasnt it, the camera kept panning the fans faces during the game and the tension was clear for everyone to see. Hands across faces, heads in hands eyes… I actually had to look away toward the end , as it made even more nervous. But what a finish from the Blue Army. The togetherness of the squad is also clear for all to see.

We just have to get an early goal Sat to put the crowd in a less tense state …although I hope we will be bouncing , but not arrogant of having done it , until we have. Hope that makes sense.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Away end last night.... on 08:38 - May 1 with 965 viewsITFC_Forever

Away end last night.... on 08:36 - May 1 by ArnieM

It was stunning wasnt it, the camera kept panning the fans faces during the game and the tension was clear for everyone to see. Hands across faces, heads in hands eyes… I actually had to look away toward the end , as it made even more nervous. But what a finish from the Blue Army. The togetherness of the squad is also clear for all to see.

We just have to get an early goal Sat to put the crowd in a less tense state …although I hope we will be bouncing , but not arrogant of having done it , until we have. Hope that makes sense.

How did the away support sound on tv?

Away end last night.... on 08:41 - May 1 with 928 viewsDarkBrandon

Away end last night.... on 08:38 - May 1 by ITFC_Forever

Loud
Away end last night.... on 08:41 - May 1 with 928 viewsSaleAway

This is so true. Everyone around me was bricking it, but even when they scored, or when they were playing keep ball in the first half, we knew that if we turned up the noise, they would do it.

It had Barnsley vibes, but was if anything more impressive, as Barnsley we controlled the whole second half, and we had twice as many there.

Last night, with the tension involved, I thought that away end was immense..

You can feel the relief at the end...

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

Away end last night.... on 08:43 - May 1 with 890 viewsjoepublic

There was a long Blue Army chant during an injury break that sent goosebumps down me.

Just like Oakwell.

The support sounded and looked amazing 👏

Poll: If you had to choose one other team to join us in the automatic places?

Away end last night.... on 08:49 - May 1 with 812 viewshoppy

View from the boxes on final whistle!

Well played away end! You did us proud!

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Away end last night.... on 08:51 - May 1 with 787 viewsSteve_M

Yes, quite a lot less drinking to get to kick off than on Saturday too which probably helped override any nerves on Saturday. But there was more at stake yesterday.

I managed to alternate between being quite calm, hoarsely trying to encourage the team and periods of just pure edginess.

A very different away end to Saturday in some ways but just as big a one in terms of support, and holding any frustrations in check for the greater good.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Away end last night.... on 08:56 - May 1 with 710 viewsITFC_Forever

Away end last night.... on 08:51 - May 1 by Steve_M

Yes, quite a lot less drinking to get to kick off than on Saturday too which probably helped override any nerves on Saturday. But there was more at stake yesterday.

I managed to alternate between being quite calm, hoarsely trying to encourage the team and periods of just pure edginess.

A very different away end to Saturday in some ways but just as big a one in terms of support, and holding any frustrations in check for the greater good.

Everyone knew what was at stake and what 3 points last night would mean - and what it meant coming out of the ground.

Login to get fewer ads

Away end last night.... on 09:42 - May 1 with 558 viewsnorfsufblue

The shots of nervous fans while singing going on somewhere just made me keep shouting at the screen ...just sing and get behind them!.... but I would have been a nervous wreck too so can't judge . . Absolutely belting night from "The Army", well done everyone!
Away end last night.... on 09:47 - May 1 with 509 viewsArnieM

Really loud, and when the final whistle went , it went to whole new level. Amazing sound tbh

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024