Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Last time we got promoted to the Prem it rained the day before… 12:45 - May 3 with 655 viewsITFC_Forever

Can remember our friends cancelling their bbq and we went to the pub instead.

It’s chucking it down in Ipswich today.

Omen.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Last time we got promoted to the Prem it rained the day before… on 12:50 - May 3 with 607 viewsgainsboroughblue

I remember. I was watching the Gillingham/Wigan final at the Lattice Barn, thinking that the game might not suit us if the pitch gets badly cut up and there's only a days rest for it.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Last time we got promoted to the Prem it rained the day before… on 13:17 - May 3 with 522 viewsitfc_bucks

Seem to remember it being overcast the whole way there, but come arriving in Wembley, it was glorious.

Absolutely glorious.
Last time we got promoted to the Prem it rained the day before… on 13:36 - May 3 with 475 viewsITFC_Forever

Last time we got promoted to the Prem it rained the day before… on 13:17 - May 3 by itfc_bucks

Seem to remember it being overcast the whole way there, but come arriving in Wembley, it was glorious.

Absolutely glorious.

We went to a working man's social club near Wembley and paid £1 to get in - they were serving burgers, hot dogs and beer at club prices.

There was 50-50 Barnsley / Ipswich fans and we had a great time with them.

Then people started leaving to go to the stadium and my wife "politely"suggested I sober up as we had a game to go to....

Last time we got promoted to the Prem it rained the day before… on 13:38 - May 3 with 457 viewsgainsboroughblue

Last time we got promoted to the Prem it rained the day before… on 13:36 - May 3 by ITFC_Forever

We went to a working man's social club near Wembley and paid £1 to get in - they were serving burgers, hot dogs and beer at club prices.

There was 50-50 Barnsley / Ipswich fans and we had a great time with them.

Then people started leaving to go to the stadium and my wife "politely"suggested I sober up as we had a game to go to....

Same one I was in I reckon. Used it before and after game. Those beers were going down a treat and unsurprisingly remains the cheapest session I've ever had in London.

Last time we got promoted to the Prem it rained the day before… on 13:42 - May 3 with 412 viewsITFC_Forever

Last time we got promoted to the Prem it rained the day before… on 13:38 - May 3 by gainsboroughblue

Same one I was in I reckon. Used it before and after game. Those beers were going down a treat and unsurprisingly remains the cheapest session I've ever had in London.

It was a great day... can remember walking from that club to Wembley taking deep breaths to try and reduce the beer effects!

We went to go to the Globe after, but it was shut, so we walked the streets until we found somewhere else. Again, there were many Barnsley fans in there, but they finished their drinks, congratulated us and headed off to get their train home.

We eventually got back to Ipswich around midnight.

Last time we got promoted to the Prem it rained the day before… on 13:44 - May 3 with 405 viewsgainsboroughblue

Last time we got promoted to the Prem it rained the day before… on 13:42 - May 3 by ITFC_Forever

It was a great day... can remember walking from that club to Wembley taking deep breaths to try and reduce the beer effects!

We went to go to the Globe after, but it was shut, so we walked the streets until we found somewhere else. Again, there were many Barnsley fans in there, but they finished their drinks, congratulated us and headed off to get their train home.

We eventually got back to Ipswich around midnight.

I must have been following you around! Tried to get to the Globe myself. Seem to remember sitting on a tube for ages not moving anywhere, then eventually getting to Baker Street, and yep, closed. I can't for the life of me remember where we did go but it was gone midnight before we rolled into Ipswich and carried on.

Last time we got promoted to the Prem it rained the day before… on 13:47 - May 3 with 378 viewsITFC_Forever

Last time we got promoted to the Prem it rained the day before… on 13:44 - May 3 by gainsboroughblue

I must have been following you around! Tried to get to the Globe myself. Seem to remember sitting on a tube for ages not moving anywhere, then eventually getting to Baker Street, and yep, closed. I can't for the life of me remember where we did go but it was gone midnight before we rolled into Ipswich and carried on.

I was sorely tempted to head to Hollywoods when we got back to Ipswich, and some of our group did.

But I had to drive at 6.30 the next morning to be the other side of Norwich for 8am, so I called it a day.

Last time we got promoted to the Prem it rained the day before… on 15:00 - May 3 with 279 viewsBluespeed225

Also peed down the week of the 78’ cup final! I’m just looking for omens!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024