Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pinkun watch 10:14 - May 5 with 2747 viewsGeoffSentence

Lovely read today somuch bitterness on display, but these are my favourite quotes:

"It's not the bragging about their current achievements that annoy me as they are there for all to see, it's more when they get carried away with such nonsense as "back where we belong" and when some even seriously talk of heading back to Europe because they are such a big club. It's all so similar to this constant "glorious history" crap, when even that doesn't amount to that much"

And then in regards to Leeds

"They have a genuine right to brag about their history based upon three top league titles, other homeland successes and considerable achievements in Europe, "

From the same poster!

Daft sods can't even make their minds up on the importance of a glorious past.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Pinkun watch on 10:34 - May 5 with 2612 viewsWarkystache

I really, really hope Leeds hammer them in the play-offs. Think they might as well. Back to years of obscurity, having to sell Rowe and Sargeant.

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

Pinkun watch on 10:37 - May 5 with 2578 viewsbazza

Pinkun watch on 10:34 - May 5 by Warkystache

I really, really hope Leeds hammer them in the play-offs. Think they might as well. Back to years of obscurity, having to sell Rowe and Sargeant.

Second that. !! Either farke or Russell Martin to knock them out, will be the cherry on the cake for this glorious two seasons, as for me, it’s just felt like a continuous journey .
Pinkun watch on 10:39 - May 5 with 2557 viewspointofblue

Pinkun watch on 10:34 - May 5 by Warkystache

That's the only problem. Selling the likes of Sara, Sainz, Rowe and Sargent will keep them funded in a similar way the sale of Maddison did. Unless one or more of them is out of contract in the summer.

Edit: Autocorrect took a D out of Maddison.
[Post edited 5 May 10:59]

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Pinkun watch on 10:46 - May 5 with 2515 viewsboroughblue

They can’t get wound up about us saying we’re ‘back where we belong’ when some delusional prat said on that YouTube video before the derby with our fans that they ‘deserve’ to be in the prem because they’ve yo-yo’d up and down a couple of times and shown pathetic attempts to stay up.

The tides changing and they know it, after this season the money drys up and they know it’s back to being a nothing club again like they’ve always really been. As others have said Russel of Farke to knock them out would be beautiful.

Keep your 15 years lads, treasure every single moment, it’s all you’ve got now and you know it.

We’re Ipswich town, we’re premier league! 🎶
Pinkun watch on 10:48 - May 5 with 2505 viewsjoepublic

Pinkun watch on 10:37 - May 5 by bazza

Second that. !! Either farke or Russell Martin to knock them out, will be the cherry on the cake for this glorious two seasons, as for me, it’s just felt like a continuous journey .

Farke to knock em out of semis and West Brom to go up.

Leaving Saints and Leeds to out spend Norwich next season and continue the natural decline.

Poll: If you had to choose one other team to join us in the automatic places?

Pinkun watch on 10:52 - May 5 with 2452 viewsbazza

Pinkun watch on 10:48 - May 5 by joepublic

Leaving Saints and Leeds to out spend Norwich next season and continue the natural decline.

That’ll do nicely
Pinkun watch on 10:53 - May 5 with 2420 viewsFrimleyBlue

Pinkun watch on 10:39 - May 5 by pointofblue

That's the only problem. Selling the likes of Sara, Sainz, Rowe and Sargent will keep them funded in a similar way the sale of Maddison did. Unless one or more of them is out of contract in the summer.

But with no more parachute payments. Plus a £45 mill loan to pay

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Pinkun watch on 10:54 - May 5 with 2439 viewsDeano69

Not read their terrible forum, but the fans I have come across seem pretty bitter about us going up rather than backing themselves to win the playoffs. Really doesn’t sound like they fancy it.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Login to get fewer ads

Pinkun watch on 11:04 - May 5 with 2379 viewsMattinLondon

Periodically I have read their forum and ever since we’ve become a threat to their ‘dominance’, a lot of their posters seem to be desperate in pouring scorn on our achievements.

It’ll be interesting to see what happens if they don’t go up. They’ll probably have to sell their better players. And without parachute payments, such sales won’t plug that particular gap. Especially so, considering their wage bill is quite high.

Their recruitment was pretty poor this season so maybe they’ll have to get used to mid table nothingness. I think they are in the midsts of a buyout so who knows if their potential new owner(s) will know what they are doing.
[Post edited 5 May 11:07]
That would be poetic (n/t) on 11:08 - May 5 with 2338 viewsDyland

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Pinkun watch on 11:09 - May 5 with 2326 viewsDeano69

Oh that would be lovely.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Pinkun watch on 11:14 - May 5 with 2285 views_clive_baker_

Feck them.

Tinpot club who have never in their existence achieved anything of note.

Insignificant no-marks.
Pinkun watch on 11:26 - May 5 with 2231 viewsyellowrider120

Pinkun watch on 10:54 - May 5 by Deano69

Not read their terrible forum, but the fans I have come across seem pretty bitter about us going up rather than backing themselves to win the playoffs. Really doesn’t sound like they fancy it.

Agree with both points. Not all Yellows are 'bitter' but many are. If you find my post on the subject in the thread 'Mentally Weak', I gave what I considered to be a dignified and sportsmanlike verdict. The vultures soon descended on me though! However, my post got 5 'Likes' when I last checked so not all Yellows are so blinkered. Would imagine this forum would show similar disdain if our seasons had been swopped.
For us it has been (largely) an uninspiring season despite arriving in the play offs. Unless (somehow) the mood changes dramatically over next few days, we will arrive at FCR next Sunday fearing the worst. If that plays out then the fire sale of Rowe, Sara and USA will begin soon thereafter.
Anyway, I would add a note of caution to your current, unlimited euphoria. The awful PL is streets harder than when we finished midway in the Lambert season after our 'back to backs' and certainly way harder than when the boy Burley took you to 5th place and Europe in 2001. Old third division clubs like Brentford and Bournemouth may not be as 'massive' as ITFC but even they can cause you very serious problems! Enjoy your fantastic success (and I mean that sincerely albeit through gritted teeth!) but the 'fun' might quickly evaporate once you get going in August.
Pinkun watch on 12:27 - May 5 with 2047 viewsGeoffSentence

Pinkun watch on 11:26 - May 5 by yellowrider120

Agree with both points. Not all Yellows are 'bitter' but many are. If you find my post on the subject in the thread 'Mentally Weak', I gave what I considered to be a dignified and sportsmanlike verdict. The vultures soon descended on me though! However, my post got 5 'Likes' when I last checked so not all Yellows are so blinkered. Would imagine this forum would show similar disdain if our seasons had been swopped.
For us it has been (largely) an uninspiring season despite arriving in the play offs. Unless (somehow) the mood changes dramatically over next few days, we will arrive at FCR next Sunday fearing the worst. If that plays out then the fire sale of Rowe, Sara and USA will begin soon thereafter.
Anyway, I would add a note of caution to your current, unlimited euphoria. The awful PL is streets harder than when we finished midway in the Lambert season after our 'back to backs' and certainly way harder than when the boy Burley took you to 5th place and Europe in 2001. Old third division clubs like Brentford and Bournemouth may not be as 'massive' as ITFC but even they can cause you very serious problems! Enjoy your fantastic success (and I mean that sincerely albeit through gritted teeth!) but the 'fun' might quickly evaporate once you get going in August.

I dont think anyone underestimates thechallenge of the EPL. i think we will make decent fist of itthough, more Luton than Blunts. Could even be a Brentford, Brighton or Bournemouth.

The most likely outcome though, is to come straight back down, but in a much better position to compete again.

The last two seasons have been a blast, next may not be so successful but we'llenjoy it and the playing staff will be better for it.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Pinkun watch on 12:30 - May 5 with 2020 viewstcblue

I genuinely think we'll be competitive enough against the bottom half.

I hope WBA win the playoffs. They deserve it more than any of the others, they've got the best manager out of the lot of them by far.
Pinkun watch on 12:56 - May 5 with 1891 viewsChurchman

I think we are all fully aware of what the Premier League is and holds for us. There is plenty to loathe about it, but that’s another discussion.

Yesterday was unbridled joy. After 20 years of very little. Near oblivion. The worst football, worst teams, disinterested owner, players, fading stadium, your neighbours trampling on you every so often, you name it.

When Burns scored yesterday, all that was blown away like the top off Krakatoa. I never thought I’d ever see us do something like that. Total euphoria. And after all those years of nothing bar one play off attempt, we deserved the moment.

The Premier League, VAR etc can wait until tomorrow.

As for Norwich, with that forward line you have every chance against any of the other three teams, none of whom are in great form.
[Post edited 5 May 13:07]
Pinkun watch on 13:00 - May 5 with 1864 viewsblueasfook

Cheers, but I don't think anyone is under any illusions that the Premier league won't be tough. But what many outsiders don't see is the top to bottom transformation this club has undergone over the last 3 years since the new ownership came in. From day one, its been geared towards getting the club back to its greatest heights. So far, so good! I (and all of us im sure) are very excited and optimistic to see just how far KM can take us. Our success is no fluke, its been based on hard work and determination to achieve high standards.

Hunk trapped in a slob's body.
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Pinkun watch on 13:32 - May 5 with 1615 viewsstonojnr

Pinkun watch on 10:39 - May 5 by pointofblue

but wasnt it the thing with their accounts this year, theyre still spending money like theyre in the premiership, they might be forced to sell to help balance the books a bit, rather than fund a spending spree
Pinkun watch on 22:12 - May 5 with 1193 viewsChurchman

Oh the bitterness and bile spewing out from some of them. They’re not entirely happy.

https://forum.pinkun.com/index.php?/topic/156526-ipswich-are-a-terrible-club/
Pinkun watch on 22:49 - May 5 with 1033 viewsBondiBlue

Pinkun watch on 12:56 - May 5 by Churchman

I think we are all fully aware of what the Premier League is and holds for us. There is plenty to loathe about it, but that’s another discussion.

Yesterday was unbridled joy. After 20 years of very little. Near oblivion. The worst football, worst teams, disinterested owner, players, fading stadium, your neighbours trampling on you every so often, you name it.

When Burns scored yesterday, all that was blown away like the top off Krakatoa. I never thought I’d ever see us do something like that. Total euphoria. And after all those years of nothing bar one play off attempt, we deserved the moment.

The Premier League, VAR etc can wait until tomorrow.

As for Norwich, with that forward line you have every chance against any of the other three teams, none of whom are in great form.
[Post edited 5 May 13:07]

I'm surprised to hear the mood isn't great going into the playoffs. They are arguably the form team. Looking at leeds and southampton choking and west brom nowhere near the level they were, if it was us, i'd be pretty upbeat.

Poll: Which would you accept?

Pinkun watch on 22:56 - May 5 with 976 viewsBent_double

Pinkun watch on 13:32 - May 5 by stonojnr

but wasnt it the thing with their accounts this year, theyre still spending money like theyre in the premiership, they might be forced to sell to help balance the books a bit, rather than fund a spending spree

Exactly this, any funds from player sales will be used just to keep the lights on. Come on Leeds!

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024