Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Don Goodman comment/Leeds chant 18:27 - May 6 with 8630 viewsDJR

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/ipswich-town-players-mock-sky-32747
Don Goodman comment/Leeds chant on 18:51 - May 6 with 6081 viewsIllinoisblue

On the Mail site, too. Tabloids gonna tabloid.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Don Goodman comment/Leeds chant on 18:58 - May 6 with 5955 viewsJimbobjims

Ipdwich is the first word in that article 🤦
Don Goodman comment/Leeds chant on 19:29 - May 6 with 5626 viewsbluejacko

All down to the booze apparently 🙄
Don Goodman comment/Leeds chant on 19:32 - May 6 with 5586 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Don Goodman comment/Leeds chant on 18:58 - May 6 by Jimbobjims

Ipdwich is the first word in that article 🤦

Boozy reporter writes boozy lazy article.

Did find it interesting that Woolfenden called Goodman out which suggests his comments had registered with the players.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Don Goodman comment/Leeds chant on 19:50 - May 6 with 5392 viewsitfcserbia

Don Goodman comment/Leeds chant on 19:32 - May 6 by Nthsuffolkblue

Did find it interesting that Woolfenden called Goodman out which suggests his comments had registered with the players.

We've had some less than gracious comments today. They still have a lot to learn from McKenna. Let's hope it doesn't get blown out of proportions on social media.

Semper fidelis!
Poll: Would you sack Paul Cook?

Don Goodman comment/Leeds chant on 19:56 - May 6 with 5291 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Don Goodman comment/Leeds chant on 19:50 - May 6 by itfcserbia

We've had some less than gracious comments today. They still have a lot to learn from McKenna. Let's hope it doesn't get blown out of proportions on social media.

I was a bit surprised that Milts encouraged an anti-Leeds slant to it. I thought Woolf's comment in isolation was fine.

Don Goodman comment/Leeds chant on 20:11 - May 6 with 5114 viewsVegtablue

"Leeds' collapse allowed Ipswich to claim second spot behind Leicester, though promotion wasn't officially sealed until the final day."

Not how I'd frame it, but possibly the narrative we've advanced today in fairness!
Don Goodman comment/Leeds chant on 20:14 - May 6 with 5046 viewsWhos_blue

Not get blown out of proportion on social media?
Yeah. That will never happen!
I like the fact the players are letting their hair down, but a part of me did wince just a little with that interview. Not that I don't disagree with the Goodman comments of course!
I think KM will have a quiet word at some point!

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

Login to get fewer ads

Don Goodman comment/Leeds chant on 20:14 - May 6 with 5045 viewsMullet

Don Goodman comment/Leeds chant on 19:32 - May 6 by Nthsuffolkblue

Woolfy has let a few fans have it on social media too. On the one hand that's great as it shows he cares, on the other, some fat lad from Kesgrave telling him to hoof it is not the kind of level you want to engage innit.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Don Goodman comment/Leeds chant on 20:28 - May 6 with 4795 viewsPique

Don Goodman comment/Leeds chant on 20:14 - May 6 by Whos_blue

Not get blown out of proportion on social media?
Yeah. That will never happen!
I like the fact the players are letting their hair down, but a part of me did wince just a little with that interview. Not that I don't disagree with the Goodman comments of course!
I think KM will have a quiet word at some point!

A quiet word would be a good idea.

Goodman is, of course, an idiot - a journeyman striker who has become a pundit offering little insight into the game, and one wonders what on earth he's doing on Sky at all.

But it's not for our players to be responding. It's not what elite level players should be doing. Cut Woolfenden a bit of slack, heat of the moment on an emotional day and all that, but hope we don't see him doing this again.
Don Goodman comment/Leeds chant on 20:37 - May 6 with 4638 viewsJimmy86

Don Goodman comment/Leeds chant on 20:28 - May 6 by Pique

Goodman is, of course, an idiot - a journeyman striker who has become a pundit offering little insight into the game, and one wonders what on earth he's doing on Sky at all.

But it's not for our players to be responding. It's not what elite level players should be doing. Cut Woolfenden a bit of slack, heat of the moment on an emotional day and all that, but hope we don't see him doing this again.

Afraid I disagree... Goodman is an absolute whopper and is now reaping what he has spewed about us all season.. he continued to write us off, claimed that we would fall away and be replaced by Leeds in the top 2, as we didn't have enough.. any praise he gave us was fake praise, yet he changed his tune on the final day and praised us all game, as if he hadn't ever said a bad word about us... Fact Woolf called him out shows that the players were aware of the biased BS he always came out with
Don Goodman comment/Leeds chant on 20:38 - May 6 with 4630 viewsNBVJohn

I don’t think anyone has to be gracious about Goodman’s comments about us throughout this season and those of certain other Sky commentators who have made some fairly crass comments too.

Not sure that players making public comments is the way to address it; it just gives him the oxygen of publicity.

I was amused to read that he doesn’t enjoy universal popularity with Leeds fans either.

I guess we have answered his sniping by proving him so spectacularly wrong!
Don Goodman comment/Leeds chant on 20:41 - May 6 with 4556 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Don Goodman comment/Leeds chant on 19:56 - May 6 by Nthsuffolkblue

I was a bit surprised that Milts encouraged an anti-Leeds slant to it. I thought Woolf's comment in isolation was fine.

Well, MA has just doubled down on the Leeds commentary in his dinner speech.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Don Goodman comment/Leeds chant on 20:42 - May 6 with 4544 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Don Goodman comment/Leeds chant on 20:38 - May 6 by NBVJohn

I don’t think anyone has to be gracious about Goodman’s comments about us throughout this season and those of certain other Sky commentators who have made some fairly crass comments too.

Not sure that players making public comments is the way to address it; it just gives him the oxygen of publicity.

I was amused to read that he doesn’t enjoy universal popularity with Leeds fans either.

And waiting until then to respond is far better than biting beforehand too.

Don Goodman comment/Leeds chant on 20:44 - May 6 with 4508 viewsN2_Blue

Feck sake we seem to have a few fans still with a bad head.

Don’t see what you are all moaning about. Did Luke say anything wrong or that he shouldn’t. I don’t think so.

In fact I wouldn’t be surprised if McKenna or others in his management team used it to motivate the players considering how aware Woolfy and other players were of the Don Goodman narrative.

During the season it wouldn’t be wise for a player to mention it in an interview but end of season party when we’ve defied all odds, no one has to apologise for anything and McKenna doesn’t need to have a word with anyone.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Don Goodman comment/Leeds chant on 20:44 - May 6 with 4505 viewsNBVJohn

Don Goodman comment/Leeds chant on 20:41 - May 6 by Cheltenham_Blue

Well, MA has just doubled down on the Leeds commentary in his dinner speech.

Really? Tell me more please!
Don Goodman comment/Leeds chant on 20:47 - May 6 with 4410 viewsitfcserbia

Don Goodman comment/Leeds chant on 20:38 - May 6 by NBVJohn

I just didn't think professional PL players should make comments like that in public, especially with Town's chance of being "everyone's second favorite team" next season. This wasn't a very likable moment.

But I was more bothered with Jackson's chanting about Leeds falling apart on national television tbh. Be gracious in celebration, be happy for Town, what is the need to sing anything about Leeds let alone a chant that supports the narrative in which we only made it because they have collapsed.

Semper fidelis!
Poll: Would you sack Paul Cook?

Don Goodman comment/Leeds chant on 20:47 - May 6 with 4395 viewsArnieM

Which it will, and will likely be used against the club all next season. A bit of an OG there Woolfie I’m afraid!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Don Goodman comment/Leeds chant on 20:51 - May 6 with 4310 viewsJimmy86

Don Goodman comment/Leeds chant on 20:47 - May 6 by ArnieM

Which it will, and will likely be used against the club all next season. A bit of an OG there Woolfie I’m afraid!

I know you're not a fan of Woolfie, hell I've often agreed with you, but I absolutely love him now, for calling out Goodman the way he did! That was epic... Just goes to show that his anti town narrative was noted by the club and the players, Goodman is an absolute whopper
Don Goodman comment/Leeds chant on 20:53 - May 6 with 4285 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Don Goodman comment/Leeds chant on 20:44 - May 6 by NBVJohn

Really? Tell me more please!

Recanting how with a previous team, he gained promotion through the play-offs with Watford as so-called 'underdogs', "and coincidentally, the team we beat that day was........LEEDS!!!!!"

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Don Goodman comment/Leeds chant on 21:03 - May 6 with 4108 viewsNBVJohn

Don Goodman comment/Leeds chant on 20:53 - May 6 by Cheltenham_Blue

Recanting how with a previous team, he gained promotion through the play-offs with Watford as so-called 'underdogs', "and coincidentally, the team we beat that day was........LEEDS!!!!!"

Thanks for updating.

I couldn’t get excited enough to watch it but seems I have made an error of judgement as it sounds quite interesting!
Don Goodman comment/Leeds chant on 21:12 - May 6 with 3913 viewsN2_Blue

Don Goodman comment/Leeds chant on 20:47 - May 6 by itfcserbia

I just didn't think professional PL players should make comments like that in public, especially with Town's chance of being "everyone's second favorite team" next season. This wasn't a very likable moment.

But I was more bothered with Jackson's chanting about Leeds falling apart on national television tbh. Be gracious in celebration, be happy for Town, what is the need to sing anything about Leeds let alone a chant that supports the narrative in which we only made it because they have collapsed.

With respect I think you are being way too too sensitive

Don Goodman comment/Leeds chant on 21:12 - May 6 with 3894 viewsArnieM

Don Goodman comment/Leeds chant on 20:51 - May 6 by Jimmy86

I know you're not a fan of Woolfie, hell I've often agreed with you, but I absolutely love him now, for calling out Goodman the way he did! That was epic... Just goes to show that his anti town narrative was noted by the club and the players, Goodman is an absolute whopper

Oh, I loved it when he said it. But the problem is the national media will make a big thing if it and potentially use it against this club now. Which is a shame Inthink given the humility and level headedness shown by McKenna and Ashton throughout our resurgence. It takes just a moment of unguarded comments to turn thst completely tound. I just hope Woolfies comments don’t now work against this Club. That’s all!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Don Goodman comment/Leeds chant on 21:14 - May 6 with 3860 viewsNBVJohn

Don Goodman comment/Leeds chant on 20:28 - May 6 by Pique

Good post.

As someone who has watched most if not all televised games this season , I have commented on here more than once that Goodman is a very poor pundit and is openly quite biased. It’s not just the bias though, he simply lacks insight or anything interesting to say.

Emotions run high at times like this especially for a local lad. Leave it now and move on.
Don Goodman comment/Leeds chant on 21:14 - May 6 with 3857 viewsN2_Blue

Don Goodman comment/Leeds chant on 20:47 - May 6 by ArnieM

Oh give over you fanny. Used against the club next season! Wow

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024