Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Priorities 08:10 - May 8 with 285 viewsNthQldITFC

Listening to Radio 4 news this morning, these were the items in order with the time allocated to each.

1. (1:20) Online safety
2. (1:02) Airport arrivals eGates failure
3. (1:15) US arms delivery to Israel suspended
4. (1:02) A year of smashed ocean temperature records
5. (0:12) John Swinney leading SNP
6. (0:44) Hazards around abandoned mines
7. (1:05) German far right
8. (0:50) Garrick Club admitting women
9. (0:51) Ordnance Survey using local names
10. (0:12) Ireland qualifying for Eurovision

In itself, it's a trivial matter, I realise that, but it really struck me how items 2. and 4. received the same amount of time and where they were in respect to each other in the running order.

The passport eGates item was delivered with emphasis on passengers being delayed by 'over two hours' and that there was 'chaos' and one person had to spend 'longer in the terminal than he had in the air'.

The Sea Surface Temperature item mentioned broken temperature records 'every single day during the last year because of Climate Change' and by more than 'one third of a degree' on 47 of those days, which is a 'huge margin'. Also it mentioned the 'worldwide coral bleaching' event which is ongoing right now.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-68972065
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-68921215

Yes, governments and businesses have to drive through change if we are to have any chance of something like we are used to as a way of life surviving the next few decades, but WE have to drive the agenda as well, and we are still, in effect, just ignoring things and hoping they go away, are we not?

Just look at that chart on the second link and have a really good think about what it represents.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024