Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Biggest myth - norwich have a loyal fanbase 19:08 - May 8 with 6534 viewstextbackup

https://tickets.canaries.co.uk/PagesPublic/ProductBrowse/VisualSeatSelectionBoos

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Biggest myth - norwich have a loyal fanbase on 21:28 - May 8 with 1541 viewsbazza

Biggest myth - norwich have a loyal fanbase on 20:46 - May 8 by SitfcB

lollers.

Hope they all Bring yellow hankies..
Biggest myth - norwich have a loyal fanbase on 21:34 - May 8 with 1513 viewsitfc48

Those prices are bizarre considering how the gate receipts from the play offs are divided. It's not like most of the extra money made will be going straight to the club.
Biggest myth - norwich have a loyal fanbase on 23:54 - May 8 with 1392 viewsPinewoodblue

Biggest myth - norwich have a loyal fanbase on 21:34 - May 8 by itfc48

Those prices are bizarre considering how the gate receipts from the play offs are divided. It's not like most of the extra money made will be going straight to the club.

I really don’t care if Leeds of Norwich get to Wembley, as long as they lose..

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Biggest myth - norwich have a loyal fanbase on 07:02 - May 9 with 1316 viewsyorkshireblue

Am I right in thinking that gate money for the play-off semi final are shared equally between all four clubs?

If so, in effect, Leeds fans are subsidising West Brom fans who are paying £26? Or have I misunderstood?
Biggest myth - norwich have a loyal fanbase on 08:08 - May 9 with 1221 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Just noticed something on that grim looking map.

"The Regency Security Stand" - Don't they provide our stewards?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Biggest myth - norwich have a loyal fanbase on 10:19 - May 9 with 1165 viewsitfc48

Biggest myth - norwich have a loyal fanbase on 07:02 - May 9 by yorkshireblue

Am I right in thinking that gate money for the play-off semi final are shared equally between all four clubs?

If so, in effect, Leeds fans are subsidising West Brom fans who are paying £26? Or have I misunderstood?

I think after all the staging fees have been paid it’s 50% shared amongst the four clubs and then the remainder goes into a whole league pot.
Biggest myth - norwich have a loyal fanbase on 11:13 - May 9 with 1116 viewsyellowrider120

Biggest myth - norwich have a loyal fanbase on 19:25 - May 8 by NthQldITFC

Four days away from a play-off game and they haven't sold out!!! Not sure what are their busy sections usually, but if you click on the end sections there are loads unsold, well there must be literally thousands of seats still unsold. I mean, we take the piss, I take the piss, but that is appalling!

I can't quite believe it. As for the prices being a bit higher - what difference does a couple of quid make to true fans. Price of one of Delia's cheesy flaps at most.

Unreal.

Yet we have sold all our allocation for the away leg within 48 hours and that is (of course) not knowing whether Leeds will beat us Sunday. The remaining tickets for Sunday will soon go I would imagine but the £36 price tag irrespective of quality of view has wound up a few locals.
Biggest myth - norwich have a loyal fanbase on 11:18 - May 9 with 1083 viewstextbackup

Biggest myth - norwich have a loyal fanbase on 11:13 - May 9 by yellowrider120

Yet we have sold all our allocation for the away leg within 48 hours and that is (of course) not knowing whether Leeds will beat us Sunday. The remaining tickets for Sunday will soon go I would imagine but the £36 price tag irrespective of quality of view has wound up a few locals.

You want congratulating for selling 2000 away tickets for a playoff game?! 😂😂

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Login to get fewer ads

Biggest myth - norwich have a loyal fanbase on 11:19 - May 9 with 1083 viewsyorkshireblue

Taking 48 hours to sell an away allocation for a play-off semi final isn't the flex you think it is.
Biggest myth - norwich have a loyal fanbase on 11:27 - May 9 with 1057 viewsChurchman

What do you think about the one size fits all pricing? My view is that £36 is perfectly reasonable for a match as important as that and I can understand from a logistics and time perspective why the club has done it. Personally, just getting in the ground to see it would come before view and price.

Play off games are always something to witness, even if they ultimately end in disappointment as ours, all bar one, have.
Biggest myth - norwich have a loyal fanbase on 11:31 - May 9 with 1044 viewsReuser_is_God

lollers.

Every club wants what we’ve got amongst our fan base right now, it’s fooking brilliant.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Hello Riders old bean on 11:33 - May 9 with 1027 viewsDyland

While you're here, what do you think about your manager?

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Biggest myth - norwich have a loyal fanbase on 11:34 - May 9 with 1021 viewsNthQldITFC

Do you still tend to sell out your home league games these days? I thought your % attendance figure was pretty good still, or is that just because of non-attending season ticket holders who haven't bothered to get a ticket for this play-off game?

I watched a few of your games early in the season and did notice quite a lot of yellow seats visible, but assumed they would have filled out as you picked up towards the end of the season. Is it yo-yo apathy do you think? Your forum often seems to swing wildly in terms of expectations and mood (and realism to be honest too.)

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Biggest myth - norwich have a loyal fanbase on 11:45 - May 9 with 988 viewsSteve_M

lollers.

But that was just thuggery and an assault on two hapless 80 year olds wasn't it?

(Although Humphrey certainly wasn't one blubbing about that).

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Biggest myth - norwich have a loyal fanbase on 12:03 - May 9 with 928 viewsitfc48

Biggest myth - norwich have a loyal fanbase on 11:31 - May 9 by Reuser_is_God

Every club wants what we’ve got amongst our fan base right now, it’s fooking brilliant.

All fun and games until some dope mistakes mustard gas for a yellow smoke bomb!
Biggest myth - norwich have a loyal fanbase on 12:08 - May 9 with 913 viewsgiant_stow

My addled memory might well be wrong, but its not a myth. Norwich have basically been late 90%s sold out for a couple of decades now... ever since the south stand was redeveloped. I can only claim a part of that until 2010 though, so hats off to my comrades!

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Biggest myth - norwich have a loyal fanbase on 12:09 - May 9 with 908 viewsReuser_is_God

Biggest myth - norwich have a loyal fanbase on 12:03 - May 9 by itfc48

All fun and games until some dope mistakes mustard gas for a yellow smoke bomb!

People must be looking at our coach greets, displays etc & thinking “I’d love that at our club”

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Biggest myth - norwich have a loyal fanbase on 12:12 - May 9 with 899 viewsredrickstuhaart

Biggest myth - norwich have a loyal fanbase on 12:08 - May 9 by giant_stow

My addled memory might well be wrong, but its not a myth. Norwich have basically been late 90%s sold out for a couple of decades now... ever since the south stand was redeveloped. I can only claim a part of that until 2010 though, so hats off to my comrades!

It is a myth. It only started with the div 2 title and prem and having unsufficient space, forcing people to have season tickets. Yoyo evr since has kept people interested. 3 years in the champ and it will drop
Biggest myth - norwich have a loyal fanbase on 12:19 - May 9 with 876 viewsgiant_stow

Biggest myth - norwich have a loyal fanbase on 12:12 - May 9 by redrickstuhaart

It is a myth. It only started with the div 2 title and prem and having unsufficient space, forcing people to have season tickets. Yoyo evr since has kept people interested. 3 years in the champ and it will drop

Nope you're wrong (more or less!): https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/norwich-city/besucherzahlenentwicklung/verein/11

The South Stand was redeveloped in 2003 for context - well before the League 1 win.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Biggest myth - norwich have a loyal fanbase on 12:53 - May 9 with 812 viewsOldFart71

Biggest myth - norwich have a loyal fanbase on 19:25 - May 8 by NthQldITFC

Four days away from a play-off game and they haven't sold out!!! Not sure what are their busy sections usually, but if you click on the end sections there are loads unsold, well there must be literally thousands of seats still unsold. I mean, we take the piss, I take the piss, but that is appalling!

I can't quite believe it. As for the prices being a bit higher - what difference does a couple of quid make to true fans. Price of one of Delia's cheesy flaps at most.

Unreal.

Back in the late 60's I worked at what was then one of the top hotels in Norwich, The Royal. I believe it went out of business around 1981 as where it is positioned there's no parking facilities adjacent. On a Saturday prior to a home match a load of old farmers would come in for lunch. Being a junior I served Hors d'oeuvres and desserts. A ladle of cream was One shilling and sixpence, about 12.5p in today's money. They would never pay for it. Despite my dislike of Narrwich as a team I do have affection for it's people, the City and my time working there. I did have some decent workmates as I also worked a Courtaulds as a weaver.
Biggest myth - norwich have a loyal fanbase on 13:09 - May 9 with 744 viewsStewart27

Biggest myth - norwich have a loyal fanbase on 11:18 - May 9 by textbackup

You want congratulating for selling 2000 away tickets for a playoff game?! 😂😂

After taking 130 to Swansea I think the great 2024 Leeds away play off sell out will feature in the list of honours soon.
Biggest myth - norwich have a loyal fanbase on 13:28 - May 9 with 699 viewsredrickstuhaart

Biggest myth - norwich have a loyal fanbase on 12:19 - May 9 by giant_stow

Nope you're wrong (more or less!): https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/norwich-city/besucherzahlenentwicklung/verein/11

The South Stand was redeveloped in 2003 for context - well before the League 1 win.

Mid teens average prior to promotion push and top flight. Same as us....
Biggest myth - norwich have a loyal fanbase on 13:37 - May 9 with 682 viewsgiant_stow

Biggest myth - norwich have a loyal fanbase on 13:28 - May 9 by redrickstuhaart

Mid teens average prior to promotion push and top flight. Same as us....

...prior to the new stand / +20 years ago, yes that's fair.

But for 5 years after the prem season in 04/05, including 2 relegations, no drop off at all or since then, with gawd knows how many further relegations in that time too. as I was saying, 20 years of a more or less sold out CR... no myth here sir.
[Post edited 9 May 13:50]

Biggest myth - norwich have a loyal fanbase on 13:44 - May 9 with 668 viewsGeoffSentence

lollers.

The replies on that are telling. They are so jealous of us. They want to be us, but don't at the same time. It's giving them an identity crisis.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Biggest myth - norwich have a loyal fanbase on 13:52 - May 9 with 621 viewsgiant_stow

Biggest myth - norwich have a loyal fanbase on 13:44 - May 9 by GeoffSentence

The replies on that are telling. They are so jealous of us. They want to be us, but don't at the same time. It's giving them an identity crisis.

I'll admit I felt a pang of jealousy when that story came out about £60m for the two Arsenal bods. I know its just paper talk, but not even the most click hungry crappola publication would ever run a story like about Norwich. Always the paupers, while the richer boys play with shinier toys.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024