Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Interesting overview of our tactics 21:23 - May 8 with 2101 viewsVic

By statmandave. Really helpful to a tactical numpty like me.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Interesting overview of our tactics on 21:37 - May 8 with 1989 viewsheavyweight

Playing out wide to a big man up front is a new thing? Did he never see Steve Whitton ?
Interesting overview of our tactics on 21:41 - May 8 with 1954 viewsVic

Interesting overview of our tactics on 21:37 - May 8 by heavyweight

Playing out wide to a big man up front is a new thing? Did he never see Steve Whitton ?

Or Whymark.

I did find that a bit funny. KM has learned well and follows on a good Ipswich way! Burgess long balls and Lief bombing down the wing are so reminiscent of SBR’s earlier teams.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Interesting overview of our tactics on 21:48 - May 8 with 1884 viewsredrickstuhaart

Really not what we do either. Scowie did it. Not really hirsts role.
[Post edited 8 May 21:50]
Interesting overview of our tactics on 23:02 - May 8 with 1668 viewsWeWereZombies

Interesting but not in a completely positive way. I did appreciate the opening analysis of showing how Hirst goes wide to the left to help create an overload there, something I had noticed but not consciously (if that makes sense.) What wasn't mentioned was that Hirst not only helps create that overload but can also find plenty of space at the same time.

What irked me slightly about the vlog was the selection of, mainly, just one eleven from McKenna's many over the season - with the result that Broadhead's valuable contribution was completely blindsided. And the extent to which Harry Clarke can complement Leif's left side story on the right. Also, calling Morsy a defensive midfielder ignores maybe fifty percent of his game, especially all those neat linking passes he makes to get things going at times.

Finally, the concentration on Hutchinson's left sided contribution misses a lot too, Omari moves around all over the place.

Which all goes to show how far ahead McKenna is of the rest of us...

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Interesting overview of our tactics on 09:57 - May 9 with 1295 viewsHighgateBlue

Interesting overview of our tactics on 23:02 - May 8 by WeWereZombies

Interesting but not in a completely positive way. I did appreciate the opening analysis of showing how Hirst goes wide to the left to help create an overload there, something I had noticed but not consciously (if that makes sense.) What wasn't mentioned was that Hirst not only helps create that overload but can also find plenty of space at the same time.

What irked me slightly about the vlog was the selection of, mainly, just one eleven from McKenna's many over the season - with the result that Broadhead's valuable contribution was completely blindsided. And the extent to which Harry Clarke can complement Leif's left side story on the right. Also, calling Morsy a defensive midfielder ignores maybe fifty percent of his game, especially all those neat linking passes he makes to get things going at times.

Finally, the concentration on Hutchinson's left sided contribution misses a lot too, Omari moves around all over the place.

Which all goes to show how far ahead McKenna is of the rest of us...

These blokes in pubs that have powerpoint seem to have microphones that are getting bigger and bigger.

Not for me.

I switched off after hearing the phrase "long balls" twice in the very opening piece of "analysis". Sure, every successful tactical approach has to have a range of passing, and certainly we have a big target man and often switch the play with longer passes, but really the wrong impression is being given about how we have been successful.

And as you say, talking about our side as though we always have the same 11 is slightly odd.

This guy's opinion isn't any more valid than most of ours, it's just that he has lots of time on his hands and has ram-raided Maplin.
Interesting overview of our tactics on 10:05 - May 9 with 1267 viewsnorfsufblue

Interesting overview of our tactics on 09:57 - May 9 by HighgateBlue

These blokes in pubs that have powerpoint seem to have microphones that are getting bigger and bigger.

Not for me.

I switched off after hearing the phrase "long balls" twice in the very opening piece of "analysis". Sure, every successful tactical approach has to have a range of passing, and certainly we have a big target man and often switch the play with longer passes, but really the wrong impression is being given about how we have been successful.

And as you say, talking about our side as though we always have the same 11 is slightly odd.

This guy's opinion isn't any more valid than most of ours, it's just that he has lots of time on his hands and has ram-raided Maplin.

I don't think many "experts" have yet got their heads round all this...

I, along with probably most of you, have been watching us in the flesh for two years and I'm sort of in the camp of ..
I know what I'm seeing but I just can't explain it in words.... I have never seen Town play so consistently since I started watching in '73.... Even Sir Bob's team can't match this incredible consistency in performance..... if they had we'd have been champions at least twice and possibly European Cup winners!
Interesting overview of our tactics on 19:15 - May 9 with 980 viewsSouperJim

Interesting overview of our tactics on 21:48 - May 8 by redrickstuhaart

Walters too, at times

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Interesting overview of our tactics on 19:22 - May 9 with 947 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Interesting overview of our tactics on 21:48 - May 8 by redrickstuhaart

You obviously didn’t see the 14 long balls that preceded Burns’ goal at home to Coventry…
Login to get fewer ads

Interesting overview of our tactics on 19:43 - May 9 with 882 viewscaptainfantastic

Interesting overview of our tactics on 19:15 - May 9 by SouperJim

Walters too, at times

Yes walters and alan lee played out wide in that role when he first joined

Poll: player of the season so far?

Interesting overview of our tactics on 20:05 - May 9 with 824 viewsstonojnr

Interesting overview of our tactics on 09:57 - May 9 by HighgateBlue

Not for me.

We played long balls this season for sure and especially when Kieffer Moore was signed, first time I'd ever seen Hladky not play out from the back. There was one home game we kept doing it before Hirst was back, even after he'd been subbed, which seemed a bit daft.

I wouldn't have said it was our main attacking threat, but simply we had alot of options to overload teams setup to play us one way.

I thought it was ok fwiw, poor guy can't watch every league game for every team, alot of his analysis is obviously based on the data analysis stats, Liefs stats are amazing, and I'd guess he watched the two games he showed most clips from, so misses stuff like Broadhead, Clarke and Taylor as options as they didn't feature as much in those games.

I thought it was interesting he thought alot of Premiership teams of the type we need to beat to stay up are far more one dimensional, and the way we play gives us a good chance of doing well.

I hope he's right.

And
Interesting overview of our tactics on 20:09 - May 9 with 801 viewsSwansea_Blue

I struggle to watch him, as his voice and way of speaking reminds me too much of William Hague. Not sure if it’s just me and I’m odd, but there we are 🤷‍♂️

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Interesting overview of our tactics on 20:12 - May 9 with 787 viewsvilanovablue

No mention of Broadhead and not acknowledging Hutchinson largely plays wide right.
Interesting overview of our tactics on 20:30 - May 9 with 747 viewsSwansea_Blue

Whitton, Scowie, Mariner. TWTD

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Interesting overview of our tactics on 20:39 - May 9 with 712 viewsHugoagogo_Reborn

I enjoyed that. Thanks for posting.
Interesting overview of our tactics on 21:52 - May 9 with 576 viewsWeWereZombies

Interesting overview of our tactics on 19:15 - May 9 by SouperJim

Walters too, at times

I always felt that Jon Walters and Darren Bent were playing wide not through any great tactical game plan but because they had to go scavenging for scraps as the supply of balls from our midfield often dried up back then

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024