Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good watch on Netflix 18:29 - May 11 with 2060 viewsCheltenham_Blue

The Final: Attack on Wembley, about the storming of Wembley by ticketless fans at the Euro Final, with some bizarre blaming of Tory drinks parties.

https://www.netflix.com/watch/81665042
[Post edited 11 May 18:33]

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Good watch on Netflix on 18:37 - May 11 with 2005 viewsPlums

I was just talking about this. My recollection of that is the press completely underplayed i.e failed to report on, everything that went before the breach of the stadium on that day.
Obviously Netflix have a story to tell but did you feel the same?

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Good watch on Netflix on 18:41 - May 11 with 1989 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Good watch on Netflix on 18:37 - May 11 by Plums

I was just talking about this. My recollection of that is the press completely underplayed i.e failed to report on, everything that went before the breach of the stadium on that day.
Obviously Netflix have a story to tell but did you feel the same?

It was massively under reported at the time. For fear of the re-emergence of anti English sentiment amongst European football clubs and competitions no doubt.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Good watch on Netflix on 21:31 - May 11 with 1774 viewsChrisd

Definitely an interesting watch. How no one died, I don’t know? Also, rather embarrassing to watch how our fans behave at times. That was a really sad day for England, not just the result that night, but a proportion of our supporters too.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Good watch on Netflix on 21:33 - May 11 with 1767 viewsE_I_E_I_E_I_O

Good watch....you have to be joking! Maybe that is because I am scarred.

I went to that game after paying a ridiculous amount of money to see England for the first time, I was so excited.

I got to London midday and it was so clear what was going to happen.

With a country with a higher percentage of morons than most and Policing that is beyond inept and weak it was a disgrace. How no one died I do not know.

It was so bad that because there were drunk and drugged morons sitting next to me after getting in for free I found myself desperately wanting Italy to win....that was the state of it. I didn't want to see so many English hooligans happy.

I complained afterwards and got front row seats to a Tyson Fury fight.
Good watch on Netflix on 22:18 - May 11 with 1652 viewsbazza

Good watch on Netflix on 21:33 - May 11 by E_I_E_I_E_I_O

Good watch....you have to be joking! Maybe that is because I am scarred.

I went to that game after paying a ridiculous amount of money to see England for the first time, I was so excited.

I got to London midday and it was so clear what was going to happen.

With a country with a higher percentage of morons than most and Policing that is beyond inept and weak it was a disgrace. How no one died I do not know.

It was so bad that because there were drunk and drugged morons sitting next to me after getting in for free I found myself desperately wanting Italy to win....that was the state of it. I didn't want to see so many English hooligans happy.

I complained afterwards and got front row seats to a Tyson Fury fight.

Every cloud ..
Good watch on Netflix on 22:23 - May 11 with 1633 viewsTractorWood

Haven't watched it on Netflix. Went that day (with a ticket!) and it was terrible.

A few got in for free against Denmark I think and then everyone sensed systemically lax rules at Wembley. Can't blame the police and stewards too much as it was large scale disorder that caused the chaos.

I also got COVID and spent the next 4 days in bed.

Haven't been to an England game since.
[Post edited 11 May 22:24]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Good watch on Netflix on 02:36 - May 12 with 1429 viewsBathBlue

Good watch on Netflix on 22:23 - May 11 by TractorWood

Haven't watched it on Netflix. Went that day (with a ticket!) and it was terrible.

A few got in for free against Denmark I think and then everyone sensed systemically lax rules at Wembley. Can't blame the police and stewards too much as it was large scale disorder that caused the chaos.

I also got COVID and spent the next 4 days in bed.

Haven't been to an England game since.
[Post edited 11 May 22:24]

I went to the Germany, Denmark and Italy matches. You could see that there was a potential issue at the Denmark game as people were piling into our area and we had to get people moved. I’d assumed it was just people rushing down from their seats as we were front row of upper tier. Was very apparent early on the final Sunday what was going to happen though. Was just thankful to get out of Wembley straight after the final whistle.

Still think it was such a moronic decision by UEFA to have an 8pm kick off
Good watch on Netflix on 07:25 - May 12 with 1301 viewstextbackup

I was at the final (also Germany and Denmark)

That final has to be the worse experience going to a game I’ve had. Selfish pricks that think they should be allowed to just get in without paying.

All I saw all day was northern blokes (17-30) smashing bottles, doing coke, and acting like cnts.

Police and stewards had absolutely no control what so ever. Wembley way looked like the Gaza Strip. It was an awful experience all round

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Login to get fewer ads

Good watch on Netflix on 10:13 - May 30 with 768 viewsMummy_Short_Arms

Just watched this. For some unfathomable reason thought it might get me in the mood for the upcoming Euros but reminded me that a sizeable section of England supporters are bottle throwing, coked up muppets. And a timely reminder why I'd never take my son to an England match.

Not a Mummy. Don't have short arms.

Good watch on Netflix on 11:00 - May 30 with 522 viewsDinDjarin

Depressing watch that and the people being interviewed seem to have no shame whatsoever.
Good watch on Netflix on 11:50 - May 30 with 420 viewsGeoffSentence

Good watch on Netflix on 18:41 - May 11 by Cheltenham_Blue

It was massively under reported at the time. For fear of the re-emergence of anti English sentiment amongst European football clubs and competitions no doubt.

Yep, it was touched on by the media at the time, but it was only when I watched this I realised the scope of it.

Must have been pretty terrifying for the stewards and security guards to deal with those thousand of drunk and coked up fans intent on forcing a way in.

I wonder if anyone on here was involved.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Good watch on Netflix on 12:32 - May 30 with 294 viewsTractorWood

Good watch on Netflix on 10:13 - May 30 by Mummy_Short_Arms

Just watched this. For some unfathomable reason thought it might get me in the mood for the upcoming Euros but reminded me that a sizeable section of England supporters are bottle throwing, coked up muppets. And a timely reminder why I'd never take my son to an England match.

This under belly emerges at tournaments it doesn't follow England on qualification campaigns etc. The majority of England fans who go regularly are a pretty good bunch.

The chaos you sometimes see is generally ticketless people on a massive weekend who have more than likely never been to an England game before.

I followed England through the 2016 qualification and Euros and then the majority of the Euro 2020.

It's similar to our away following at a regular away and then London aways. There is a different vibe.
[Post edited 30 May 12:44]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024