Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... 13:28 - May 15 with 5670 viewsBiGDonnie

I'd go with Carrick.

Any other suggestions?

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 13:29 - May 15 with 2924 viewsHerbivore

Danny Rohl. Or possibly one of KM's coaching team step up if they are interested and don't follow him to United.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 13:30 - May 15 with 2922 viewsfooters

Rosenior.

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 13:31 - May 15 with 2901 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Steve Cooper. Did a good job at Forest.

Poll: Our final position

God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 13:31 - May 15 with 2898 viewsBiGDonnie

God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 13:29 - May 15 by Herbivore

Danny Rohl. Or possibly one of KM's coaching team step up if they are interested and don't follow him to United.

Who would you have from the coaching set up?

COYBs

God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 13:31 - May 15 with 2901 views_clive_baker_

Potter
Still
Rohl
Carrick
Cooper

There's a start, but would imagine 1 or 2 of those might be difficult deals to do.
God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 13:32 - May 15 with 2889 viewsWacko

Will Still
Matthias Jaissle

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 13:33 - May 15 with 2831 viewsFrimleyBlue

Moyes

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 13:33 - May 15 with 2866 viewsBiGDonnie

Also, would it mean we're still very much in the 'banta era'?

COYBs

Login to get fewer ads

God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 13:33 - May 15 with 2866 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Rohl for me, and it’s not even close. Young, progressive, with a coaching team who’ve worked at the highest level. Proved he can do the management side as well as coaching, working miracles with a p1ss poor Weds squad.

They got decimated at PR because they tried to take the game to use with vastly inferior players, but I’m sure he’ll have learned from that.

Given the basket case dictator running Weds I’d be very surprised if Rohl doesn’t move on in the summer regardless…
[Post edited 15 May 13:34]
God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 13:33 - May 15 with 2864 viewssuffolkpoker

It wil be in the same mould as KM. IT will be someone who is unknown in management but highly respected in coaching. We will look to give another young coach there first taste of first team management.

Didnt we get linked with a highly rated Man city coach before we got KM?
I cant recall his name.... my guess it will be something like that

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 13:34 - May 15 with 2831 viewsfooters

God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 13:33 - May 15 by FrimleyBlue

Moyes

Oh good, we've got this off season's version of 'Mata'.

God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 13:36 - May 15 with 2807 viewsSwansea_Blue

Potter, but I haven't thought about it much.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 13:36 - May 15 with 2809 viewsKieran_Knows

Danny Rohl.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 13:37 - May 15 with 2769 viewsKieran_Knows

God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 13:29 - May 15 by Herbivore

I could only see Grant as he said on the Town podcast last year that the reason he wanted to be a 'coach' rather than a keeper coach was because he wanted to go in to management and knew he wouldn't get a job that way if he went in as GK coach somewhere.

I imagine the whole lot will go with him unfortunately. Pert, Grant (especially as they've both been at United before), Turnbull & Gilmartin.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 13:38 - May 15 with 2747 viewsKeno

Aluko

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 13:38 - May 15 with 2738 viewstractorboy1978

God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 13:31 - May 15 by _clive_baker_

Potter
Still
Rohl
Carrick
Cooper

There's a start, but would imagine 1 or 2 of those might be difficult deals to do.

A good list there.

I really like Rob Edwards too. Seems very high in emotional intelligence which perhaps somewhat goes under the radar with McKenna. It's so important with modern footballers. Think he's done a great job at Luton even if they haven't quite done enough to stay up this season.
God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 13:38 - May 15 with 2737 viewsBiGDonnie

God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 13:31 - May 15 by _clive_baker_

Potter
Still
Rohl
Carrick
Cooper

Will Still is a great shout. Currently a free agent too, no?

COYBs

God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 13:39 - May 15 with 2726 viewsyorkshireblue

Rohl would be my first choice - but the Sheffield Star have reported his buy-out is £5 million. On his episode on the official podcast, Lee Grant says he wants to be a manager eventually - so could be prepared and able to make the step up if we wanted some continuity.

But let's be honest, who had McKenna on their radar? Who knows who Ashton is keeping tabs on. I can honestly say I'd never heard of Glasner and now look at him
https://talksport.com/football/1865635/crystal-palace-oliver-glasner-valuation-b
God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 13:40 - May 15 with 2720 viewsBiGDonnie

God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 13:34 - May 15 by footers

Oh good, we've got this off season's version of 'Mata'.

I've got numbnuts blocked, humour me, who has he suggested.

COYBs

God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 13:41 - May 15 with 2702 viewsfooters

God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 13:40 - May 15 by BiGDonnie

I've got numbnuts blocked, humour me, who has he suggested.

Moyes. But good reminder. I'll add him to the div list along with the 'over 50s success club'.

God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 13:41 - May 15 with 2695 viewsBiGDonnie

God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 13:41 - May 15 by footers

Moyes. But good reminder. I'll add him to the div list along with the 'over 50s success club'.

FFS

COYBs

God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 13:51 - May 15 with 2545 viewschicoazul

Rob Edwards.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 13:56 - May 15 with 2503 viewssoupytwist

God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 13:32 - May 15 by Wacko

Will Still
Matthias Jaissle

Jaissle is an interesting shout. Having signed a three year contract in Saudi Arabia and the tax situation whereby you have to pay a load of it if you quit the country before you've been there two years it could be an expensive option.
Also, would he get a work permit given the level he's worked at? Presumably if Rohl got one for Sheff. Weds and Cifuentes at QPR he'd be OK.
[Post edited 15 May 13:58]
God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 14:00 - May 15 with 2445 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 13:51 - May 15 by chicoazul

Rob Edwards.

Is his football stylistically similar to ours? I ask that because I’ve not watched a lot of Luton.

Ultimately we need a continuity candidate stylistically to follow on from what’s been ingrained for the last two years. We don’t want someone to come in and tear it up, start all over agin with a new style. Like Rohl and McKenna it would be great to get someone who can develop and improve players, not just coach them.
God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 14:01 - May 15 with 2431 viewsKeno

God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 14:00 - May 15 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Is his football stylistically similar to ours? I ask that because I’ve not watched a lot of Luton.

Ultimately we need a continuity candidate stylistically to follow on from what’s been ingrained for the last two years. We don’t want someone to come in and tear it up, start all over agin with a new style. Like Rohl and McKenna it would be great to get someone who can develop and improve players, not just coach them.

Sono Aluko

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024