Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Suffolk pink 08:51 - May 19 with 1747 viewsSharkey

Given that the football club is generally considered to represent the county as much as it represents the town, shouldn't the club consider an away shirt in this fetching colour?

Just give the kit manufacturers the required ingredients for the dye, - "all ... natural ingredients native to Suffolk, such as ox blood, sloe berries, elderberries and Blackthorn." (I thought sloe and blackthorn were the same thing, but I could well be wrong.)

https://www.fennwright.co.uk/about-us/news/the-history-behind-suffolk-pink-house
Suffolk pink on 09:37 - May 19 with 1566 viewsChurchman

I think your average Ox is going to vote against that idea. Not a lot in it for them.

In any case, lovely colour for Suffolk houses, abysmal for football shirts.

Bring back the cream and black stripes number!
Suffolk pink on 09:44 - May 19 with 1536 viewshoppy

Suffolk pink on 09:37 - May 19 by Churchman

I think your average Ox is going to vote against that idea. Not a lot in it for them.

You spelt green and burgundy wrong…

*I might not be completely serious with this post, uncharacteristic of me as it is.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Suffolk pink on 10:26 - May 19 with 1429 viewsfranz_tyson

I'd imagine anyone who is fortunate enough to own a pink house in a picturesque Suffolk village is probably a Chelsea fan ... and it's their second home behind their London abode.
Suffolk pink on 11:58 - May 19 with 1280 viewsMullet

Been arguing this for years, would make an excellent kit and be unique even amongst the glut of pink kits that were in fashion a few years ago.

Given fans will force their gut into anything the club puts out, it's a weird mindset to have an issue with pink over say the bright orange we've had recently or red and black stripes which are both eye catching etc.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Suffolk pink on 12:46 - May 19 with 1209 viewsSharkey

Suffolk pink on 11:58 - May 19 by Mullet

Been arguing this for years, would make an excellent kit and be unique even amongst the glut of pink kits that were in fashion a few years ago.

Given fans will force their gut into anything the club puts out, it's a weird mindset to have an issue with pink over say the bright orange we've had recently or red and black stripes which are both eye catching etc.

For what it's worth, I also think it could be a good kit, as long as they got the pink exactly right, as you say. (Not like some people who turn up in Suffolk and paint their house- or restaurant, in one famous case - any old pink.)

I'd add very dark brown shorts and socks, the colour of the timber in the photo.
Suffolk pink on 14:34 - May 19 with 1102 viewsBuhrer

Maybe Kieran could get the boys slaughtering an ox for pre season?
Suffolk pink on 15:06 - May 19 with 1014 viewsiamatractorboy

No need for any ox sacrifices, simply leave a few red socks in the wash with some white shirts and voilà.
Suffolk pink on 15:50 - May 19 with 913 viewsLeoMuff

Suffolk pink on 12:46 - May 19 by Sharkey

For what it's worth, I also think it could be a good kit, as long as they got the pink exactly right, as you say. (Not like some people who turn up in Suffolk and paint their house- or restaurant, in one famous case - any old pink.)

I'd add very dark brown shorts and socks, the colour of the timber in the photo.

Decent idea, the Inter Miami kit must sell well in pink as tons of kids in them

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Login to get fewer ads

Suffolk pink on 16:02 - May 19 with 879 viewsLord_Lucan

I wouldn't mind that - although I like the orange.

I painted my house Suffolk Pink as it happens.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Suffolk pink on 16:08 - May 19 with 853 viewsBluespeed225

Also not to be confused with the ,attest pink buildings selling ‘American Candy’. Why didn’t we name our local early evening football paper the Pink’un, then they could have had the Green’un, more county connections than the ones we got!
Suffolk pink on 16:33 - May 19 with 816 viewsitfckenty

There's actually a concept kit for next season and the away shirt is indeed pink. It's actually alright tbh. Im never convinced by a pink kit though and hates Leeds one this year. So it would need to be done right.
Suffolk pink on 17:08 - May 19 with 758 viewsSharkey

Suffolk pink on 15:06 - May 19 by iamatractorboy

No need for any ox sacrifices, simply leave a few red socks in the wash with some white shirts and voilà.

I did that when it was my turn to wash my hockey's teams kit. White shorts became pink shorts for the next couple of seasons. I always think Essex's 'whites' have what George Costanza called 'a pinkish hue'.
Suffolk pink on 17:42 - May 19 with 692 viewsBluespeed225

Suffolk pink on 17:08 - May 19 by Sharkey

I did that when it was my turn to wash my hockey's teams kit. White shorts became pink shorts for the next couple of seasons. I always think Essex's 'whites' have what George Costanza called 'a pinkish hue'.

A rosy glow?
Suffolk pink on 17:51 - May 19 with 669 viewsSwansea_Blue

Suffolk pink on 09:37 - May 19 by Churchman

Cream and black stripes you say? It’s not so far off…

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Suffolk pink on 17:55 - May 19 with 656 viewsSwansea_Blue

Suffolk pink on 16:33 - May 19 by itfckenty

There's actually a concept kit for next season and the away shirt is indeed pink. It's actually alright tbh. Im never convinced by a pink kit though and hates Leeds one this year. So it would need to be done right.

Maybe a light pink and dark brown stripe version of the black and cream (as above)?

Although it’s all irrelevant, as they’ve already been picked and ordered. I’m expecting a nod to history. We’ve done the white pinstripe this year. I wonder if they might go for the yellow and blue? We’ve not revisited that since, but it’s iconic us.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024