Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So is Kieran at something of a crossroads! 15:10 - May 19 with 2242 viewsKeno

Go for the “bigger money” move as a stepping stone to an even bigger money move but risk it going wrong or build a legacy, become an immortal mentioned in the same breath as Alf Ramsey or Bobby Robson.

I keep thinking back to this moment and just think he knows just what he can achieve here

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

So is Kieran at something of a crossroads! on 15:13 - May 19 with 2199 viewsmarchy

"I'ma go?"
Hope not
So is Kieran at something of a crossroads! on 15:24 - May 19 with 2127 viewsBLUEBEAT

Who knows?

Not us.

Poll: ACID, FUNK, ACID FUNK?

So is Kieran at something of a crossroads! on 15:58 - May 19 with 1977 viewsVegtablue

The age-old Christian Streich or Carlo Ancelotti conundrum (local legend or global legend).

They may have a bigger package than us, but if Kieran went to auction i wager Brighton would move on before we put our paddle down. If he goes it should be for football reasons.
So is Kieran at something of a crossroads! on 16:14 - May 19 with 1931 viewsbackwaywhen

My heart and my head tells me he is staying , he has a personal agenda with this great football club ans will only decide to league when that personal agenda /target/ ambition is achieved…….he is not finished yet ….In McKenna we trust .
So is Kieran at something of a crossroads! on 20:46 - May 19 with 1649 viewsChurchman

You mean a bit like this?

Any excuse to play one of the greatest guitarists ever.

Listen and enjoy. You’ll thank me for it.
So is Kieran at something of a crossroads! on 20:49 - May 19 with 1631 viewsTheBoyBlue

No. Everyone's acting as if he has to take another job now or else he's lost his opportunity.

Unless we end up like Sheffield United next season, it's hard to imagine his stock won't still be high in a year or two and at the rate that PL jobs come up these days then he'll get plenty of offers in the next 12-18 months if he stays here and continues this project to the next level.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

So is Kieran at something of a crossroads! on 21:01 - May 19 with 1560 viewsBluespeed225

So is Kieran at something of a crossroads! on 20:49 - May 19 by TheBoyBlue

No. Everyone's acting as if he has to take another job now or else he's lost his opportunity.

Unless we end up like Sheffield United next season, it's hard to imagine his stock won't still be high in a year or two and at the rate that PL jobs come up these days then he'll get plenty of offers in the next 12-18 months if he stays here and continues this project to the next level.

If he’s kept us up and progressing in 2 years time he can probably choose whatever European job that comes up! And he’d go with our blessing I’d like to think because it’ll have been a helluva ride!
So is Kieran at something of a crossroads! on 21:03 - May 19 with 1538 viewsNutkins_Return

If Utd, City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs or possibly Newcastle/Villa were looking and came in for him I'd get it and if he went it would be gutting but best wishes.

Brighton are an excellent football club and a bit further down the road then is. But they are a club we are capable of overtaking so I hope he stays. They are similar to Palace for me.
Login to get fewer ads

So is Kieran at something of a crossroads! on 21:10 - May 19 with 1493 viewsKev_W

So is Kieran at something of a crossroads! on 21:03 - May 19 by Nutkins_Return

If Utd, City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs or possibly Newcastle/Villa were looking and came in for him I'd get it and if he went it would be gutting but best wishes.

Brighton are an excellent football club and a bit further down the road then is. But they are a club we are capable of overtaking so I hope he stays. They are similar to Palace for me.

Brighton appear to have reached some sort of ceiling in terms of investment and ambition hence De Zerbi's discontent. Would very surprised if KMc moved there now as he would surely see that issue and sense that his project with Town is not yet complete and has a higher limit. At the moment he has a degree of control and influence that he would not be on offer at Brighton.
So is Kieran at something of a crossroads! on 21:17 - May 19 with 1456 viewsArnieM

I feel Kieran McKenna is a rarity in the game tbh. He appears to have great honesty and integrity . Why would he join a club in mid table League One build what he’s been allowed and fully supported to build here , only to walk away when achieves his dream ( managing a club in the PL). He is central / pivotal to everything that has happened at the club over the last 2-3 years. He and Ashton sing from the same hymn sheet it seems and they are jointly invested on the next stage. I can’t for the life of me see him chucking that all in for, money! I firmly believe when he leaves us it will be for one of top 6 clubs or international team just his ipswich predecessors.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

So is Kieran at something of a crossroads! on 06:57 - May 20 with 963 viewsLA_Tractor_Boy

So is Kieran at something of a crossroads! on 21:17 - May 19 by ArnieM

I feel Kieran McKenna is a rarity in the game tbh. He appears to have great honesty and integrity . Why would he join a club in mid table League One build what he’s been allowed and fully supported to build here , only to walk away when achieves his dream ( managing a club in the PL). He is central / pivotal to everything that has happened at the club over the last 2-3 years. He and Ashton sing from the same hymn sheet it seems and they are jointly invested on the next stage. I can’t for the life of me see him chucking that all in for, money! I firmly believe when he leaves us it will be for one of top 6 clubs or international team just his ipswich predecessors.

I know there is a team behind the team etc.

But we could never have achieved PL status and the guaranteed £180M without KMc. I also don't believe we can survive the first season without him.

Obviously there wil be other considerations for KMc like transfer budget etc, but when it comes to his own contract, why wouldn't we agree to match anything another club can offer?
So is Kieran at something of a crossroads! on 07:17 - May 20 with 870 viewstractorboy1978

Ultimately, you can probably count on one hand the number of people that truly know how he's feeling about it. Mark Ashton is likely one of them.

I think my comfort comes from the fact this situation with Brighton hasn't just developed over night and Ashton has seemed very bullish about him being here next season as recently as a couple of days ago.

I do think he's going to find it very hard to leave behind what we've built and are building here. He's a special manager and very self assured but even he must sit back and pinch himself at what's been created here in such a short period of time. People have to remember he's been perfect for us, but we've also been perfect for him.
So is Kieran at something of a crossroads! on 07:23 - May 20 with 835 viewsPlums

This is all true and there is also another angle. The training ground. Isn't that being rebuild and won't it be largely based on Kieran's requirements? Other than the prizes won on the pitch, that's a massive opportunity for him. There are only 20 PL training grounds in the country, how many coaches get to work on the design of them.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

So is Kieran at something of a crossroads! on 07:39 - May 20 with 777 viewsBuhrer

I dream this dream.
So is Kieran at something of a crossroads! on 07:51 - May 20 with 729 viewsChurchman

So is Kieran at something of a crossroads! on 06:57 - May 20 by LA_Tractor_Boy

I know there is a team behind the team etc.

But we could never have achieved PL status and the guaranteed £180M without KMc. I also don't believe we can survive the first season without him.

Obviously there wil be other considerations for KMc like transfer budget etc, but when it comes to his own contract, why wouldn't we agree to match anything another club can offer?

I disagree with this, to a certain extent.

KM has been outstanding. Everything he’s done from the day he walked through the door has been first class. He’s a brilliant manager and deserves all the accolades he is getting.

However, he couldn’t have done it without the people behind the scenes. The owners, structure, CEO, Chairman, culture, standards, ambition were there or being put in and he embraced it all. Even the core of the team was there. He developed it, improved, added to it and has developed that astonishing way of playing that devastated L1 and the Championship.

The relationship and trust at the top of the club looks so strong. The way the club operates suits McKenna in a way it never could have with Cook - and visa versa. A perfect fit. Could KM have succeeded under Evans? Of course not but then he is far too sensible to have gone anywhere near Evans’ corrosive ownership.

When he moves on, it’s going to have to be to a club that allows him to operate without interference in the way he does here. He’s seen what a fractured large club looks like in Man Utd, so my guess he will be careful when he goes and very demanding on whoever he works for next.

Looking at the rumour mill, most of which is rubbish, the choice will of course be his.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024