Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
All this nonsense needs to end now 16:53 - May 19 with 1881 viewsmuhrensleftfoot

Newspaper and social media speculation. It's not Kieran's fault, but an early statement from him and the club can finish it. If it keeps rolling on, it will affect our ability in the transfer market. If we hear nothing for a few weeks then we must fear the worst. I think he'll be here next season but confirmation from him will stop the nonsense.
All this nonsense needs to end now on 17:00 - May 19 with 1777 viewsSwansea_Blue

It’d make no difference at all. The game’s full of people pledging allegiance to their club only to clear off a few weeks later.

The best thing to do is to ignore it (imo).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

All this nonsense needs to end now on 17:00 - May 19 with 1773 viewsGavTWTD

Will he be offered a new contract? That would help ease the nerves.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

All this nonsense needs to end now on 17:01 - May 19 with 1753 viewsJ2BLUE

If he's on a well deserved holiday he shouldn't be rushing to get a statement out because fans demand it.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

All this nonsense needs to end now on 17:04 - May 19 with 1712 viewsGuthrum

We don't know what, if any, offers/discussions/approaches may have been made. If there are any McKenna deserves the time to consider them before making decisions. The club deserves the time to persuade him to stay, if they think that's viable.

The transfer preparation work will be continuing regardless.The window doesn't open for another month.

There will be no statement until all the stuff behind the scenes (if any) has worked itself out. If he's staying there will be no statement as the status quo simply continues.

We, the fans, simply need to be patient.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

All this nonsense needs to end now on 17:04 - May 19 with 1706 viewsEuropablue

I would like to think that he's on holiday with his family without his phon. Most likely he has contact with the club, but in no reality should he come out and make a statement while he's away. I would love for him to sign a new contract as a statement of intent as the first order of business when he gets back from a well-earned break.
All this nonsense needs to end now on 17:06 - May 19 with 1685 viewsGuthrum

All this nonsense needs to end now on 17:00 - May 19 by GavTWTD

He did sign a new one less than a year ago. Runs until 2027. I'd be very surprised if it didn't include provisions and bonuses for promotion and continuation in the Prem*.

* Ashton doesn't come across as the type to slip up on important stuff like that.

All this nonsense needs to end now on 17:07 - May 19 with 1675 viewsSwansea_Blue

All this nonsense needs to end now on 17:00 - May 19 by GavTWTD

Nah, if he was after a new contract and his agent wanted to cash in on a juicy PL-sized arrangement fee, his agent would be circulating rumours about every manager less club being interested in Kieran.

Oh.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

All this nonsense needs to end now on 17:20 - May 19 with 1597 viewsSitfcB

There’s so much noise I have to agree.

Usually nothing is said, but in this case there needs to be some clarity.

Fair enough McKenna seems to have gone back over to Ireland for a break, so let him have that for however long he’s planned it for (probably only a few days) and get an interview with him on TownTV or announce a new and improved deal for him and the staff.

Hopefully he didn’t take his phone with him by the way

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Login to get fewer ads

All this nonsense needs to end now on 17:22 - May 19 with 1572 viewsTheBoyBlue

He knows what's going on. ITFC will almost certainly know what's actually going on. There doesn't need to be a statement from anyone everytime there's interest in McKenna, otherwise they'd be two or three a day. And I suspect a lot of people wouldn't believe the statement anyway.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

All this nonsense needs to end now on 17:23 - May 19 with 1552 viewsGavTWTD

All this nonsense needs to end now on 17:06 - May 19 by Guthrum

He did sign a new one less than a year ago. Runs until 2027. I'd be very surprised if it didn't include provisions and bonuses for promotion and continuation in the Prem*.

* Ashton doesn't come across as the type to slip up on important stuff like that.

His first one would have had similar provisions but was ripped up in favour of a better one.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

All this nonsense needs to end now on 17:32 - May 19 with 1439 viewsGuthrum

All this nonsense needs to end now on 17:23 - May 19 by GavTWTD

His first one would have had similar provisions but was ripped up in favour of a better one.

Thing is, most, probably all, of the supposed suitors so far can offer deals at least as lucrative as anything ITFC can. We're not going to outbid them.

IMO, it's going to come down to whether the things they might put on the table (more in terms of club setup, future progression and career development than simply money) is enough to persuade McKenna to leave the Ipswich project he's been so deeply involved in building.

All this nonsense needs to end now on 17:33 - May 19 with 1429 viewsSawtrich

Premier League clubs don't give out statements confirming or otherwise reports in the press and social media regarding their staff. It would be chaos. Literally days ago the CEO gave an interview saying there will be all sorts of speculation and we should take it with a pinch of salt, when there are some facts to give us we will hear about it then. I'm sure McKenna and a lot of the coaches and players will have other offers to consider, that's football.
All this nonsense needs to end now on 21:06 - May 19 with 1068 viewshomer_123

Statements are utterly meaningless.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

All this nonsense needs to end now on 08:44 - May 20 with 728 viewsSawtrich

All this nonsense needs to end now on 21:06 - May 19 by homer_123

Statements are utterly meaningless.

Exactly. The club could give a statement at 9am this morning and there's a new story that emerges at 9:30am and people start demanding a response to that.

We have to live with uncertainty. Let's say the situation is that KM has been offered another improved contract by Ipswich but there's serious interest from Brighton and he wants to speak with them before deciding. A perfectly reasonable stance for everybody to be taking. You're not going to get a statement from the club saying that's what is happening. As I said before, Ashton has just said there will be lots of speculation, we will hear from the club when there is something concrete to tell us. We're not going to hear about every stage along the way.
All this nonsense needs to end now on 09:09 - May 20 with 627 viewsChurchman

All this nonsense needs to end now on 17:32 - May 19 by Guthrum

Thing is, most, probably all, of the supposed suitors so far can offer deals at least as lucrative as anything ITFC can. We're not going to outbid them.

IMO, it's going to come down to whether the things they might put on the table (more in terms of club setup, future progression and career development than simply money) is enough to persuade McKenna to leave the Ipswich project he's been so deeply involved in building.

By the same token, they’re not going to outbid us either. I doubt money is a factor.

It purely comes down to where McKenna feels his career can progress the best in addition to his own domestic situation - where he wants to live, kids education, domestic happiness etc. another factor is how truly he’s invested in what’s happening here. Only he can answer that.

The nonsense will continue now. Price of success I suppose. Ashton is right - ignore the noise.
All this nonsense needs to end now on 10:31 - May 20 with 507 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

All this nonsense needs to end now on 09:09 - May 20 by Churchman

By the same token, they’re not going to outbid us either. I doubt money is a factor.

It purely comes down to where McKenna feels his career can progress the best in addition to his own domestic situation - where he wants to live, kids education, domestic happiness etc. another factor is how truly he’s invested in what’s happening here. Only he can answer that.

The nonsense will continue now. Price of success I suppose. Ashton is right - ignore the noise.

This is what I've been saying in response to people saying if he's offered the Man U job he's definitely off. Unless you know him - and even if you know him - you can't possibly know what he wants and/or thinks is best for his family right now. However likely it seems, it's not a given that people just give up everything (particularly when they're already in a very good place) for the more glamorous job.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024