Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jack Taylor 11:55 - Jun 28 with 1874 viewsthe_toff

Is giving me real Keith Andrews vibes.

ROI, Box-to-box midfielder, tall, has a goal in him.
Jack Taylor on 12:51 - Jun 28 with 1743 viewsHighgateBlue

Totally forgot about Keith Andrews. He was decent. Can't recall why his stay at Town was not longer? I must be getting old. About as old as Keith Andrews actually.
Jack Taylor on 13:09 - Jun 28 with 1663 viewsthe_toff

Jack Taylor on 12:51 - Jun 28 by HighgateBlue

Totally forgot about Keith Andrews. He was decent. Can't recall why his stay at Town was not longer? I must be getting old. About as old as Keith Andrews actually.

He was amazing for us. Always remember that silly game at Oakwell.

Taylor really reminds me a lot of him in how he plays. Bit of a throwback midfielder really, you don't get as many of the box-to-box players you used to. Excited to see what he can do in a Town shirt.
Jack Taylor on 13:36 - Jun 28 with 1594 viewsbadadski

Keith Andrews was great for a 25 yard rocket but made Matt Le Tisier look energetic.

when people figured that our midfiled had no pace, width or movement it was game over.

The diamond shape with Bowyer, Bullard, Andrews and ? cant remember who else was playing?

It was great for watching the amount of outside of the box goals mind you.
Jack Taylor on 13:43 - Jun 28 with 1538 viewsSteve_M

Jack Taylor on 13:36 - Jun 28 by badadski

Keith Andrews was great for a 25 yard rocket but made Matt Le Tisier look energetic.

when people figured that our midfiled had no pace, width or movement it was game over.

The diamond shape with Bowyer, Bullard, Andrews and ? cant remember who else was playing?

It was great for watching the amount of outside of the box goals mind you.

Yes, quite. Andrews scored some nice goals but his lack of tracking back was a big part in our ineptness that season.

Leadbitter was the fourth player, landed with doing all the running for three players who weren't capable of much exertion any longer.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Jack Taylor on 13:50 - Jun 28 with 1469 viewsvilanovablue

6 month loan and got recalled
Jack Taylor on 14:07 - Jun 28 with 1403 viewssolemio

At least this made me remember Keith Andrew, former Northants and England wicket-keeper.
Jack Taylor on 14:24 - Jun 28 with 1313 viewsMookamoo

Just a poor man's Paul Mason
Jack Taylor on 15:01 - Jun 28 with 1210 viewsN2_Blue

I hope he is nothing like Keith Andrews. Other than a few goals from midfield he really wasn’t all that and didn’t work for the team when it mattered.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Login to get fewer ads

Jack Taylor on 15:08 - Jun 28 with 1184 viewsthe_toff

Jack Taylor on 15:01 - Jun 28 by N2_Blue

I hope he is nothing like Keith Andrews. Other than a few goals from midfield he really wasn’t all that and didn’t work for the team when it mattered.

I completely disagree with that assessment. He was arguably our best player in his loan spell and operating in a role he had been told to in the 'diamond'. He had excellent quality and looked a leader on the pitch. To be made captain when you're at the club on a 6 month loan tells you a lot about him as a player. There was loads of interest in him from elsewhere and he ended up moving to the Premier League. Highly unlikely of someone who didn't work hard. I have no idea where this myth has come from.
Jack Taylor on 15:13 - Jun 28 with 1151 viewschicoazul

Jack Taylor on 13:43 - Jun 28 by Steve_M

Yes, quite. Andrews scored some nice goals but his lack of tracking back was a big part in our ineptness that season.

Leadbitter was the fourth player, landed with doing all the running for three players who weren't capable of much exertion any longer.

Andrews also rescued Jewell’s job which we can never forgive him for.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Jack Taylor on 15:16 - Jun 28 with 1126 viewsMetal_Hacker

Box to Box I can live with but Keith Andrews....no thanks

Poll: If it were one or the other

Jack Taylor on 15:19 - Jun 28 with 1111 viewsJ2BLUE

My view of Andrews is clouded by his obvious dislike of us. I hope we have success next season and he is forced to commentate on it.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024