Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Edmundson (and Harness) 20:49 - Sep 16 with 3294 viewstractorboy1978

Back to back games now he has not been in the squad. Not heard anything of an injury so assume Ball is now seen as further up the CB pecking order than him. When Tuanzebe is fit he is going to miles away from it.

Similar re Harness really. Back to back games for him out of the squad and barring injuries, it's hard to see him not being constantly someone that misses out now.
Edmundson (and Harness) on 20:54 - Sep 16 with 3227 viewsNutkins_Return

We've got a very good squad. He's a good player. Injuries cost him his place. He's good enough to be in our team but Burgess really stepped up and continues to do so.

You are right about Tuanzebe but I still wouldn't right him off. And injury or two and if he got his foot back in and a run of games he could still make a success of things. Football can often be about circumstances and chances etc.

Last season it wouldn't have surprised me no out and out CB as McKenna favoured attacking subs and Ball would allow that flex. But with 9 subs it is surprising.
Edmundson (and Harness) on 20:56 - Sep 16 with 3203 viewsKeno

To a degree a guess that’s the natural evolution of the squad

But should injuries start to mount I’m sure they will step in

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Edmundson (and Harness) on 20:59 - Sep 16 with 3172 viewstractorboy1978

Edmundson (and Harness) on 20:56 - Sep 16 by Keno

To a degree a guess that’s the natural evolution of the squad

But should injuries start to mount I’m sure they will step in

Absolutely, it is natural evolution. I'm already pre-empting January and I think it's already pretty clear those two are going to be ones that move on as part of that process.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2023 20:59]
Edmundson (and Harness) on 21:09 - Sep 16 with 3053 viewsSheffordBlue

I think it's got more to do with Ball's versatility. He can play as a RB, CB or CM - that just means that McKenna has more attacking bench options.

I think if one of our current CBs picked up a knock and Tuanzebe wasn't ready to come into the squad that Edmundson would start.

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Edmundson (and Harness) on 21:16 - Sep 16 with 2991 viewstractorboy1978

Edmundson (and Harness) on 21:09 - Sep 16 by SheffordBlue

I think it's got more to do with Ball's versatility. He can play as a RB, CB or CM - that just means that McKenna has more attacking bench options.

I think if one of our current CBs picked up a knock and Tuanzebe wasn't ready to come into the squad that Edmundson would start.

Not so sure. Two other CMs (Evans and Taylor) and a RB (Williams) already on the bench. So well covered in those positions. Not being able to get on a 9 man bench doesn’t say a lot for his current positioning in this squad.
Edmundson (and Harness) on 21:22 - Sep 16 with 2901 viewsSheffordBlue

Edmundson (and Harness) on 21:16 - Sep 16 by tractorboy1978

Not so sure. Two other CMs (Evans and Taylor) and a RB (Williams) already on the bench. So well covered in those positions. Not being able to get on a 9 man bench doesn’t say a lot for his current positioning in this squad.

Those three CMs all have very different attributes and I think it's still better to have a player who can cover 3 positions than one who can cover one. Ball is just a really flexible option to have as a bench player.

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Edmundson (and Harness) on 21:32 - Sep 16 with 2828 viewsStewart27

People were saying the same about Burgess 1.5 seasons ago.

I think it’s great. Not a slight on Edmundson because he’s a fantastic player. All credit to Burgess for keeping him out. An injury to Burgess or dip in form and Fridge is back in.
Edmundson (and Harness) on 07:54 - Sep 17 with 2123 viewstractorboy1978

Edmundson (and Harness) on 21:32 - Sep 16 by Stewart27

People were saying the same about Burgess 1.5 seasons ago.

I think it’s great. Not a slight on Edmundson because he’s a fantastic player. All credit to Burgess for keeping him out. An injury to Burgess or dip in form and Fridge is back in.

Have to agree to disagree. I think Edmundson has looked an absolute shadow of the player we signed and it wouldn't surprise me if he's even behind Baggott now.
Login to get fewer ads

Edmundson (and Harness) on 11:28 - Sep 17 with 1787 viewsNutkins_Return

Edmundson (and Harness) on 07:54 - Sep 17 by tractorboy1978

Have to agree to disagree. I think Edmundson has looked an absolute shadow of the player we signed and it wouldn't surprise me if he's even behind Baggott now.

That's over the top. He hasn't been at the same level but that's the same for anyone not playing regularly.

Look at the progress game on game for Williams for example.
Edmundson (and Harness) on 12:57 - Sep 17 with 1691 viewstractorboy1978

Edmundson (and Harness) on 11:28 - Sep 17 by Nutkins_Return

That's over the top. He hasn't been at the same level but that's the same for anyone not playing regularly.

Look at the progress game on game for Williams for example.

I don’t think it is. He’s looked slow and cumbersome whenever he’s played over the last 12 months or so and made more errors that have led to goals in far less appearances than Woolfy and Burgess combined. He’s looked the weaker of the pairing with Baggott in both league cup games for me this season.
Edmundson (and Harness) on 13:05 - Sep 17 with 1668 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I don't think it is unreasonable to consider that Baggott might move ahead of him but to say Ball is ahead of him as a centre back is an exaggeration. If we had players missing at CB, I am sure Edmundson would be one of those in the equation. Tuanzabe must have been brought in to play ahead of him, though. I suspect Edmundson will be surplus to requirements and available in January, but a lot can happen before then to change it. Just look at Donacien, Woolfenden and Burgess all of whom have been written off at times.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Edmundson (and Harness) on 07:19 - Sep 18 with 1398 viewstractorboy1978

Edmundson (and Harness) on 07:54 - Sep 17 by tractorboy1978

On this, judging from Town TV, it looks like Baggott was 'the spare man' on Saturday. He's on the video released last night.
Edmundson (and Harness) on 07:26 - Sep 18 with 1375 viewsWeWereZombies

Edmundson (and Harness) on 07:19 - Sep 18 by tractorboy1978

On this, judging from Town TV, it looks like Baggott was 'the spare man' on Saturday. He's on the video released last night.

I was at the Bristol Rovers League Cup game and I thought Baggott was drifting out of position for much of the time, Edmundson covering his every move.

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Edmundson (and Harness) on 08:20 - Sep 18 with 1219 viewsBigCommon

Think it's only natural that some of our squad players will be slowly phased out of the picture as KM continues to slowly build and improve the squad.. We've seen the likes of KVY and more recently Edwards , moved aside, before potentially moving on .(Although, in his defence, Edwards scored an absolute cracker for Oxford on Saturday, so maybe we could see him back here, if our squad is depleted by January?).
Think if we want to see us progress as an outfit, then there will inevitably be one or two fall guys along the way. Its a shame when they players you are fond of. But it's the only way forwards. And releasing or "player trading" some of our favourites is all part of the longer term project.
Edmundson (and Harness) on 08:49 - Sep 18 with 1150 viewsPinewoodblue

Edmundson (and Harness) on 08:20 - Sep 18 by BigCommon

Think it's only natural that some of our squad players will be slowly phased out of the picture as KM continues to slowly build and improve the squad.. We've seen the likes of KVY and more recently Edwards , moved aside, before potentially moving on .(Although, in his defence, Edwards scored an absolute cracker for Oxford on Saturday, so maybe we could see him back here, if our squad is depleted by January?).
Think if we want to see us progress as an outfit, then there will inevitably be one or two fall guys along the way. Its a shame when they players you are fond of. But it's the only way forwards. And releasing or "player trading" some of our favourites is all part of the longer term project.

A time will come when we trade a regular starter to generate funds to improve the squad further.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024