Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
weird stats 12:16 - Jan 29 with 699 viewspositivity

v maidstone 38 shots, 1 goal
v exeter 14 shots, 6 goals

if we had our exeter shooting boots on we'd have won 16-2 (mind you, if we'd have maidstone's shooting boots we'd have won 38-2!)

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

weird stats on 12:44 - Jan 29 with 574 viewsPaphosBlue

I guess the fact that so many of those shots were from distance can explain that to some degree but I still think if you played that game a dozen times we would have been three nil up by half time in most

Poll: What would Lambert have to do for you to accept him as Manager

weird stats on 12:48 - Jan 29 with 535 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

I actually think Maidstone had organised their backline better than most League One clubs we played at the bottom end last season. They got their whole team behind the ball and blocked us out hard. If only we had tried that at Leeds.... Exeter and Forest Green stand out in my mind as being pretty woeful. George Fowler, our ex trainee, played a blinder at the back for them.

I maintain had taken off Broadhead, Aluko and Taylor before the turn of the second half we would have battered them in the second half. Aluko was too old, and as for the other two, they didn't perform in their roles anywhere near to the standard we would expect.

Aluko should be released now surely, if we are going to pay him as an analyst and coach then fine, but he's surely not going to play again?
weird stats on 12:52 - Jan 29 with 504 viewsNedPlimpton

weird stats on 12:44 - Jan 29 by PaphosBlue

I guess the fact that so many of those shots were from distance can explain that to some degree but I still think if you played that game a dozen times we would have been three nil up by half time in most

I was away for the weekend so could only watch the first 20mins or so on my phone before having to go out. By that time we'd already hit the post twice and troubled their keeper another 3 or 4 times. I genuinely thought when I next looked at my phone we'd be at least 2 up (and I'm an incredibly pessimistic Town fan!)

Absolute freak of a result, so I'm not feeling too down about it

It's embarrassing at the time, but it's soon forgotten. The sports pages have all moved on already and so should we
weird stats on 12:53 - Jan 29 with 496 viewsPaphosBlue

weird stats on 12:48 - Jan 29 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

I actually think Maidstone had organised their backline better than most League One clubs we played at the bottom end last season. They got their whole team behind the ball and blocked us out hard. If only we had tried that at Leeds.... Exeter and Forest Green stand out in my mind as being pretty woeful. George Fowler, our ex trainee, played a blinder at the back for them.

I maintain had taken off Broadhead, Aluko and Taylor before the turn of the second half we would have battered them in the second half. Aluko was too old, and as for the other two, they didn't perform in their roles anywhere near to the standard we would expect.

Aluko should be released now surely, if we are going to pay him as an analyst and coach then fine, but he's surely not going to play again?

Agreed I really like Aluko but he had a poor game and neither Broadhead nor Taylor were on their game. C'est la vie we can now concentrate on the League

Poll: What would Lambert have to do for you to accept him as Manager

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024