Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I used to read posts on here... 12:24 - May 2 with 482 viewssjg

About dislikes people still held as a result of seasons gone by with clubs like Bolton, Sheffield United and West Ham and just couldn't understand it, give I wasn't born for most of the seasons they arose from (and if I was I was too young to understand it!).

I get it now - after the last 2 games and my interactions with Hull and Coventry fans (Coventry fans even went as far to applaud us on their way out!), I think I will always have a soft spot for those 2 clubs. Their fans were brilliant.
[Post edited 2 May 12:24]
I used to read posts on here... on 12:26 - May 2 with 438 viewsnorfsufblue

Coventry = 2 Tone, another reason to like em imo!
I used to read posts on here... on 12:31 - May 2 with 383 viewsFoD_Blue

Totally agree regarding both sets of fans. At both games they were very welcoming and engaging both before and after the game.

We seem to be in a fairly unique position of being the team that fans of every other team (except Norwich and maybe Bristol City) want to see promoted. Even those in the promotion race with us have constantly been saying that they would like us to go up with them.

Leeds fans' opinion may have changed a little in recent weeks though.
I used to read posts on here... on 12:34 - May 2 with 372 viewsGeoffSentence

I've always liked Coventry. I grew up with being a permanent fixture in the top flight and it feels wrong that they are outside it to me.

Also, their fans at FPR were absolutely outstanding. Best way fans at FPR this season, indeed for many a long season.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

I used to read posts on here... on 12:38 - May 2 with 349 viewsHerbivore

Coventry for me are the best set of fans I've seen at PR this season. They had a pretty miserable first few months but turned up in full voice for 90 minutes. Proper fans.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024