Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lot of nervousness and doubt on the board 15:29 - Apr 20 with 3976 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Maybe I'm imagining it, but I seem to have seen a lot of posts suggesting or rather hoping for 2 to 4 points from Peterborough and Barnsley. Some even suggesting Barnsley is a 'free hit'.

Am I the only one who thinks we can win both?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Lot of nervousness and doubt on the board on 16:03 - Apr 20 with 3063 viewsJ2BLUE

We can definitely win both but people are playing it down because we're Ipswich and although this is clearly a new Ipswich I don't think anyone would be surprised to see us have 80% possession, hit the woodwork six times, have three good goals incorrectly ruled out and for a giant gust of wind to take a goal kick over Walton's head in the 98th minute.

In both games.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Lot of nervousness and doubt on the board on 16:08 - Apr 20 with 3044 viewsMetal_Hacker

I think it is ultimately people playing it down

I can only speak for myself but it wouldn't surprise me if we do BUT we're Ipswich and nice things don't happen to us , or at least we're not used to it

Win Saturday and Barnsley will be something else but again it's one game at a time and that's how I'm really trying to be for no other reason it manages my own stress levels

Once I start thinking about varying permutations , looking at the tables , thinking about the opposition etc I start to have a little wobble so I just engage in the next game and try it that way

Poll: If it were one or the other

Lot of nervousness and doubt on the board on 16:08 - Apr 20 with 3042 viewscbower

We should definitely go all out to win both. I don’t recall a single game this season when we have obviously played for a point or even settled for one when we were drawing late in a game. There is pressure on Posh for sure too. Barnsley less so as they have nothing to lose really. Go for the win, all in.

bluescouser

Lot of nervousness and doubt on the board on 16:29 - Apr 20 with 2952 viewsIllinoisblue

I think we’ll get 4 points from the two games. The psychology of the next couple weeks will be interesting. Say we draw at posh while Weds win. That puts a lot of pressure on us at Barnsley (even though a draw would put us back in 2nd place) and then reduces the season to a two-game shootout. Assuming Plymouth win all their home games but maybe that won’t happen. Fk it. Who knows!

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Lot of nervousness and doubt on the board on 16:31 - Apr 20 with 2928 viewsBlueandTruesince82

We can. It's just, we'll we're Ipswich aren't we. We've been hurt before. A lot, so I will remain ever the pessimist. Expect the worse and hope for the best.

Esp with Posh who have become bit of a bogey team, which is in itself depressing.

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Lot of nervousness and doubt on the board on 16:32 - Apr 20 with 2907 viewsSaleAway

Of course we can win both.... I think everyone knows that, but especially after tuesday, we're all s***ing it!

We were reminded how difficult we sometimes find it to break down a stubborn low block, and how at the same time, we do sometimes concede a goal from the only chance we give up....

However, on the plus side, don't think Posh or the Tykes will come with that attitude... and perhaps a slightly more open game will suit us.... NTT20 Pod were highlighting that our away form isn't as good as our home form, but its still pretty good ( unbeaten in 6 away)...

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

Lot of nervousness and doubt on the board on 16:37 - Apr 20 with 2846 viewsNthQldITFC

Not sure who we play after Peterborough, but I think we can beat Peterborough. Then we'll see.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Lot of nervousness and doubt on the board on 16:38 - Apr 20 with 2844 viewsdirtyboy

Personally, i'm just not taking anything for granted.

No easy games.

On form our fixtures look the toughest, but we beat Charlton and Port Vale gave us a scare, so you just can't say what's going to happen.

Just hoping still and i've said for a while now...will come down to last game...convinced.
Login to get fewer ads

Lot of nervousness and doubt on the board on 16:42 - Apr 20 with 2811 viewstextbackup

We absolutely can, and should (as fans) be aiming for 6 points.

Peterbourgh are hit and miss, they won’t be able to cope with our relentlessness.

Barnsley the same, they had their run and are now not as high on confidence.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Lot of nervousness and doubt on the board on 17:00 - Apr 20 with 2735 viewsFrimleyBlue

Lot of nervousness and doubt on the board on 16:42 - Apr 20 by textbackup

Peterbourgh are hit and miss, they won’t be able to cope with our relentlessness.

Hit and miss. But at home posh haven't conceded many recently.

Both are tough games. How tough Barnsley is depends on Saturdays result.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Lot of nervousness and doubt on the board on 17:04 - Apr 20 with 2735 viewshype313

The way this season is going, Us, Wednesday and Plymouth will all lose on Saturday.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Lot of nervousness and doubt on the board on 17:27 - Apr 20 with 2681 viewsBigCommon

Not even thinking about Barnsley....
Massive game at Posh, on so many levels...
Few nerves?..Yes, but no more than Bolton or Derby away..
Don't think I've felt this confident of us getting 3pts at London Road before.
See how the table looks on Saturday, after everyone's played... No point looking any further ahead, imo.
Nothing's certain, until it is certain...
Lot of nervousness and doubt on the board on 17:29 - Apr 20 with 2677 viewsOldFart71

Of course we can win both. Or draw both, win one, lose one, lose both. I probably missed a combo. It will all come down to how we perform and luck. We are a better side than both and it's all about making sure we prove we are better. McKenna is the man. He will leave no stone unturned and no one can, should the God's not smile on us, be anything but proud of this seasons achievements. Let's just hope the fickle finger of fate is smiling on us.
Lot of nervousness and doubt on the board on 18:14 - Apr 20 with 2577 viewsMJallday

If we beat boro, I’ll start to believe it

But this is Ipswich, so…

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Lot of nervousness and doubt on the board on 18:18 - Apr 20 with 2562 viewsKeno

Lot of nervousness and doubt on the board on 18:14 - Apr 20 by MJallday

If we beat boro, I’ll start to believe it

But this is Ipswich, so…

I wont believe until the very vertically challenged horizionally blessed non gender designation person albeit with potential female 'naughty bits' is airing his/her or their vocal chords

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Lot of nervousness and doubt on the board on 18:21 - Apr 20 with 2548 viewsnoggin

I think we'll win all our remaining games.

Poll: If KM goes now, will you applaud him when he returns with his new club?

Lot of nervousness and doubt on the board on 18:34 - Apr 20 with 2509 viewsMetal_Hacker

Lot of nervousness and doubt on the board on 18:18 - Apr 20 by Keno

I wont believe until the very vertically challenged horizionally blessed non gender designation person albeit with potential female 'naughty bits' is airing his/her or their vocal chords

What’s Hoppy got to do with anything ?

Poll: If it were one or the other

Lot of nervousness and doubt on the board on 18:40 - Apr 20 with 2467 viewsSwansea_Blue

Lot of nervousness and doubt on the board on 18:21 - Apr 20 by noggin

I think we'll win all our remaining games.

That’s the spirit! We’re certainly capable of doing so. Away form worries me a bit; we can tend to struggle on the road at times. But at other times we steam roller teams away, so it just comes down to whether we turn up, if we’ve got our shooting boots on, how the opposition set up, etc.

I’m trying to hang like McKenna and just focus on one game at a time. I don’t think my heart can take lots of what ifs looking to the end of the season! Are Peterborough beatable? Hell yeah.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Lot of nervousness and doubt on the board on 19:08 - Apr 20 with 2355 viewsSuperblue95

Lot of nervousness and doubt on the board on 17:29 - Apr 20 by OldFart71

Of course we can win both. Or draw both, win one, lose one, lose both. I probably missed a combo. It will all come down to how we perform and luck. We are a better side than both and it's all about making sure we prove we are better. McKenna is the man. He will leave no stone unturned and no one can, should the God's not smile on us, be anything but proud of this seasons achievements. Let's just hope the fickle finger of fate is smiling on us.

You missed two actually

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Lot of nervousness and doubt on the board on 20:07 - Apr 20 with 2277 viewsHerbivore

Still see us getting 100 points and 100 goals personally.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Lot of nervousness and doubt on the board on 21:31 - Apr 20 with 2154 viewsChurchman

We can win them both. Approached the same way as the games against Bolton and Derby and I think they should be more afraid of us than we of them. Leave nothing behind, no regrets.
Lot of nervousness and doubt on the board on 22:18 - Apr 20 with 2000 viewsdavblue

Lot of nervousness and doubt on the board on 18:40 - Apr 20 by Swansea_Blue

That’s the spirit! We’re certainly capable of doing so. Away form worries me a bit; we can tend to struggle on the road at times. But at other times we steam roller teams away, so it just comes down to whether we turn up, if we’ve got our shooting boots on, how the opposition set up, etc.

I’m trying to hang like McKenna and just focus on one game at a time. I don’t think my heart can take lots of what ifs looking to the end of the season! Are Peterborough beatable? Hell yeah.

I did notice the other day we’ve scored 9 goals in our last 8 away games, if we are keeping clean sheets it isn’t a problem but we aren’t bulldozing teams away from home, expecting a couple of tight games over the next 5 days.
Lot of nervousness and doubt on the board on 23:18 - Apr 20 with 1868 viewsVegtablue

Lot of nervousness and doubt on the board on 22:18 - Apr 20 by davblue

I did notice the other day we’ve scored 9 goals in our last 8 away games, if we are keeping clean sheets it isn’t a problem but we aren’t bulldozing teams away from home, expecting a couple of tight games over the next 5 days.

We're a different animal with Luongo and Broadhead. Since then it's been two big wins and Cheltenham - no Broadhead, poor pitch, big wind.. all part and parcel of League One but the conditions were a leveller.

Every chance these next two will be tight but I'm confident we're a better away side now than those stats indicate.
Lot of nervousness and doubt on the board on 23:29 - Apr 20 with 1814 viewspointofblue

Lot of nervousness and doubt on the board on 18:40 - Apr 20 by Swansea_Blue

In a way Fleetwood concern me more than Peterborough or Barnsley. I imagine both will look to get the ball down and play football, and we tend to be ok dealing with that approach. I really want top two assured before final day for that reason.

Of course, common sense from Ferguson and Duff would be to ditch their principles, put in a low block and throw us off kilter as, when sides don't set up as we expect, we do seem slow to adjust. And still struggle against a low block.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Lot of nervousness and doubt on the board on 00:24 - Apr 21 with 1764 viewsBondiBlue

Lot of nervousness and doubt on the board on 16:42 - Apr 20 by textbackup

I just wonder if adopting a more conservative attitude as fans might help the team get over their own nerves. If we (not me obviously but you guys and gals at the match) celebrated every big clearance like we'd scored a goal, it might take a bit of the pressure off.

Poll: Which would you accept?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024