Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Williams or Clarke to start? 16:20 - Dec 15 with 1137 viewsbaxterbasics

I'm in two minds- Brandon was looking so good after a couple of games, a cut above. But with his recent in-out with injury (& "illness") he's not been quite so impactful.

There is also the fact the Nodge fans hate him and effectively ran him out of the City. So would love to see him have a worldy.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Williams or Clarke to start? on 16:21 - Dec 15 with 1121 viewsNumber22

Brandon will get sent off.
Williams or Clarke to start? on 16:30 - Dec 15 with 1071 viewslowhouseblue

clarke made a good case for himself on tuesday. i'd start with him. i fear they're both capable of getting sent off.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Williams or Clarke to start? on 16:57 - Dec 15 with 1004 viewsWeWereZombies

Clarke for me, I think his all round game is better (just so long as another defender is watching out for him when he gets...err...expansive about positioning.)

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Williams or Clarke to start? on 16:59 - Dec 15 with 994 viewsDeano69

Williams or Clarke to start? on 16:21 - Dec 15 by Number22

Brandon will get sent off.

It will be quite the competition to see who would get sent off first. Literally my only concern over tomorrow is the 'reaction' of either of these two

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Williams or Clarke to start? on 17:03 - Dec 15 with 967 viewsSheffordBlue

Williams or Clarke to start? on 16:30 - Dec 15 by lowhouseblue

clarke made a good case for himself on tuesday. i'd start with him. i fear they're both capable of getting sent off.

They both have quite a good record in that regard:

Williams - 47 Premier League games and 13 Championship games played - 0 Red cards
Clarke - 32 League 2, 24 Scottish Prem, 20 League One and 33 Championship games played - 2 Red cards

Suspect we're making more of the red card potential than the staff and players are.

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Williams or Clarke to start? on 17:06 - Dec 15 with 949 viewsVic

I was going to say Williams every day as Local lad Clarke may get too fired up. Completely forgot Williams played for them lot and got a lot of stick.

Hobson’s choice!

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Williams or Clarke to start? on 17:15 - Dec 15 with 901 viewsNutkins_Return

Williams or Clarke to start? on 17:03 - Dec 15 by SheffordBlue

Williams - 47 Premier League games and 13 Championship games played - 0 Red cards
Clarke - 32 League 2, 24 Scottish Prem, 20 League One and 33 Championship games played - 2 Red cards

Suspect we're making more of the red card potential than the staff and players are.

You beat me to it. Keep hearing Williams likely to get sent off. He has never had a career red card in senior football! (Jinxed it now...).

I'd start with Williams.
Williams or Clarke to start? on 17:16 - Dec 15 with 898 viewsMeadowlark

Maybe JD?
Half kidding of course but both Clarke and Williams might be too wound up by the occasion.

Tough call.
Login to get fewer ads

Williams or Clarke to start? on 17:27 - Dec 15 with 792 viewslowhouseblue

Williams or Clarke to start? on 17:03 - Dec 15 by SheffordBlue

fair point. more based on style than knowing their records. both have made challenges that have panicked me in terms of the card that may follow.
[Post edited 15 Dec 2023 17:31]

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Williams or Clarke to start? on 17:44 - Dec 15 with 721 viewsSheffordBlue

Williams or Clarke to start? on 17:27 - Dec 15 by lowhouseblue

fair point. more based on style than knowing their records. both have made challenges that have panicked me in terms of the card that may follow.
[Post edited 15 Dec 2023 17:31]

Yeah - I was quite surprised when I saw this. Particularly with Wiliams who loves a crunching slide tackle - you only have to be off with that by a fraction of a second for it to be a straight red.

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Williams or Clarke to start? on 18:07 - Dec 15 with 639 viewsColin_Viljoen

Williams was well off the pace at Watford, he was taken off at halftime & Clarke had a brilliant game. I think McKenna saying he had a knock on his knee was just to protect him.
Clarke will start on Saturday for certain.
Williams or Clarke to start? on 18:09 - Dec 15 with 623 viewsFrimleyBlue

Williams couldn't even resist that tackle that got him suspended for a game let alone going against a side he seems to hold a bit of a grudge against.

I don't trust Williams to keep his head.

Clarke has passion absolutely but he'll turn that passion into driving forward.. not diving into wreckless tackles imo

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024