Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This is a beautiful feeling. 23:13 - Mar 5 with 956 viewsMattinLondon

I had a season ticket for years and years - travelled up-and-down the country watching them, often questioning why, just why. Now living hundreds of miles away and having two young kids I can’t get down that often.

My passion for the club should be thinning out - but I find myself looking at the league table, trying to predict the results. Reading other clubs forums, listening to championship podcasts and trying to digest every bit of ITFC news. Like a young kid, I’m jumping up for delight when we score, loving the fact that I’m an Ipswich fan. Jesus, I feel much more of a connect to the club now than when I was living in Ipswich or in the south.

It’s not that we’re winning - let’s face it being an Ipswich fan won’t always feel like this. But this team, this f**king beautiful team have given back dignity to every single one of us. Now, in this moment, we are the ones looking to the future with renewed optimism rather than the bargain bin of has-been players. And it feels great.

As I said, I can’t get down to PR often (two or three times a season) but I’m not at all bitter or in envy at the people who live nearby (well maybe a bit) and able to go frequently.

But it still feels beautiful to be a Town fan. C’Mon.

This is a beautiful feeling. on 23:24 - Mar 5 with 832 viewsIPS_wich

100% with you on this.

Moved down under 10 years ago, but had long before that stopped being interested in football - other than Town. Fell out of love with the Premier League in the late 2000s, never watched the Champions League and even England started to bore me.

By 2019/2020 I was still watching Town games whenever I could, but it felt like a duty rather than something I really looked forward to. The chances of me getting up at 3:30am to watch a midweek game against Bristol City would have been next to zero.

Fast forward to today and I’m bouncing around my living room at 5am like a child the night before Christmas.

No matter how this season finishes, my love has been renewed. I bl00dy love this football club.
This is a beautiful feeling. on 00:39 - Mar 6 with 676 viewsVanSaParody

This is a beautiful feeling. on 23:24 - Mar 5 by IPS_wich

100% with you on this.

Moved down under 10 years ago, but had long before that stopped being interested in football - other than Town. Fell out of love with the Premier League in the late 2000s, never watched the Champions League and even England started to bore me.

By 2019/2020 I was still watching Town games whenever I could, but it felt like a duty rather than something I really looked forward to. The chances of me getting up at 3:30am to watch a midweek game against Bristol City would have been next to zero.

Fast forward to today and I’m bouncing around my living room at 5am like a child the night before Christmas.

No matter how this season finishes, my love has been renewed. I bl00dy love this football club.

G'day!

COYB's!
This is a beautiful feeling. on 00:46 - Mar 6 with 651 viewsVanSaParody

Grew up in Boreham Wood, but Town fan since 78 cup final
Never lived in Ipswich, now in Cov, so that & still finances mean it's a rare treat getting to PR, I usually manage 1 per season
The way we're playing & that I have to wait til tix r on gen sale, (& have to work Sats) didn't think I'd get there this season, but I'll be there 16th v S/Wed
Can't wait - I love Ipswich Town FC!
COYB's!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024