Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yesterday was poor 20:50 - Apr 7 with 870 viewsGarv

But was it a totally different away performance from what we're used to?

We haven't played particularly 'well' away from home for a while, not consistently bad or anything but we haven't comfortably won games away from home all season, bar the occasional Millwall/Sheff Wed.

I also kept hearing people saying we would shine in the last 15 minutes. That was mostly off the back of last Monday I think, we don't generally score late equalizers or winners away from home.

We're a very different team home and away, and that's been a strength and probably very deliberate throughout the season.

If Chaplin buries that chance from the classic Leif cut back we probably gain confidence and potentially push for a winner. It could have looked a whole better if something had just gone for us.

Have to credit them as well. If false league positions exist they are quite possibly in one. Sargent was a pest all game (they obviously missed him while he was injured), they worked very hard and they capitalized on their spell of pressure, albeit with the help of the referee.

Anyway, the next week will be big for us!

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Yesterday was poor on 20:56 - Apr 7 with 815 viewsDubtractor

Said similar yesterday.

Our away tactics/performances by Dubtractor 6 Apr 16:37
As exciting as we generally are at home, we've played a pretty cagey game away from home all season, and coming out the right side of margins in games very similar to today has been our speciality.

So, whilst the performance today was clearly not good, the general pattern of the game shouldn't have been too surprising - ie not open at all, and few clear chances for either team.

Two huge home games coming up this week, and with a long break after those we can throw every last ounce of effort into them to ensure we get the points.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Context is important.... on 21:00 - Apr 7 with 797 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

We are in a race for automatic promotion against the parachute teams and there is HUGE pressure on every game.

Norwich are sat comfortably in the lower end of the play off zone, having a mediocre season, there was much less pressure on them yesterday.

This can impact on performance unfortunately.
[Post edited 7 Apr 21:01]

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Yesterday was poor on 21:08 - Apr 7 with 743 viewspeterleeblue

"if something had just gone for us"

I think is key.

Yes we did not play at OUR level. Yet a lesser team would expect some run of the ball at some time in the match. We simply had none. The home fixture was devoid of this as well.

In the end we have a bigger fish to to fry. Lets hope we prove victorious.
Yesterday was poor on 10:31 - Apr 8 with 448 viewsGuthrum

They seemed to play a sort of split defence. Their front men pressing our back-line and preventing them getting forward, meaning we were outnumbered by a very structured defence in the Norwich box.

Then there was basically one very good free kick.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024