Please log in or register
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
01:00 - Jan 1 with views

A Jack Russel dog kills a one week old baby on 10:10 - Nov 21 with 3015 viewsDanTheMan

Whilst I don't like them...

How was a Jack Russell able to access a one week old baby? It's a dog, and unlikely to fully comprehend what a child actually is.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

A Jack Russel dog kills a one week old baby on 11:06 - Nov 21 with 2954 viewsIllinoisblue

Wht sort of parents leave their baby alone with a dog? Askingfor trouble

62 - 78 - 81

A Jack Russel dog kills a one week old baby on 11:10 - Nov 21 with 2940 viewsbaxterbasics

I wonder who TG would be rooting for in that fight.

zip
Poll: How old are you, TWTD user?

A Jack Russel dog kills a one week old baby on 11:11 - Nov 21 with 2943 viewsBluebell

A Jack Russel dog kills a one week old baby on 10:10 - Nov 21 by DanTheMan

How was a Jack Russell able to access a one week old baby? It's a dog, and unlikely to fully comprehend what a child actually is.

Agreed. You can't blame the dog for that. No baby of any age should be left alone where any pets have access.

Poor baby...but very stupid parents is all I can say!

A Jack Russel dog kills a one week old baby on 11:13 - Nov 21 with 2933 viewsRyorry

Banning or destruction of any dog purely because it happens to be of a particular breed or type is just dog racism of the Nazi type. Any dog's fate should be based entirely on its history and behaviour as an individual. In Belfast eg, there have been cases of completely friendly, harmless, good-natured dogs which have been seized off the street whilst walking with their owners on a lead, and subsequently destroyed after being deemed pit-bull 'types' (not even proven by DNA).

http://media.photobucket.com/image/life%20quote/cdamon/quotes%20nd%20sayings/quote.jpg?o=295
Poll: Should Alastair Cook be replaced as England Cricket Captain?

A Jack Russel dog kills a one week old baby on 11:16 - Nov 21 with 2916 viewsbluemurder

A Jack Russel dog kills a one week old baby on 10:10 - Nov 21 by DanTheMan

There is no evidence that dogs can comprehend the human mind at all so they probably don't comprehend what a child is.

Having said that I had a big staffy that was very protective of the children and would do a little woof at me if they squealed while I was wrestling with them. Whether that was because he was being protective though or because he saw himself as the alpha male is anyones guess. He did have massive balls!

A Jack Russel dog kills a one week old baby on 11:23 - Nov 21 with 2911 viewsoldbluestu

Any breed of dog can be dangerous if not trained correctly, all dogs should be banned

Especially all dogs who cr*p on pavements, although is that more of an owner problem

A Jack Russel dog kills a one week old baby on 11:30 - Nov 21 with 2895 viewstextbackup

every morning without fail theres a jack russel barks like mad at my german shepherd, in his face etc, the owner laughs it off, i can only imagine the reaction if one day my dog has enough and puts that little sh.itty thing up in a tree....

thats not the point tho, those grandparents wont ever forgive themselves (it was their dog i think) but remember it might not have been left alone with the baby, might have literally walked past and took a bite at the baby.

horrible story

From the banks of the river oooorrrrwell.... Dreaming of a team of tommy smiths
Poll: What's more important to you?

A Jack Russel dog kills a one week old baby on 15:25 - Nov 21 with 2739 viewsb69jojo

i wud just like to say to all these jack russell haters... please dont tar a breed with one brush, i am a veterinary nurse and along with owning my own jack russell which is the sweetest dog u ever come across but also met many that have lovely personalities, in fact i have been bitten by far more chihauhua's and yorkshire terriers.
No breed should be hounded (excuse the pun there) for the one that has bitten, that is like saying every motorbiker is bad cuz a few are out of control, or every indian person is a terrorist.
No dog is born nasty and the issues seriously need to be looked at at the other end of the lead!!!
as for this baby and the family i am very sorry for there loss and my thoughts go to them, but why was the dog able to bite the baby?
i cud rant for a long time about this subject but i wont, i just despair at the actions and small mindedness of ppl when something like this happens and how these animals have to suffer for it.

A Jack Russel dog kills a one week old baby on 15:29 - Nov 21 with 2711 viewsDanTheMan

A Jack Russel dog kills a one week old baby on 15:25 - Nov 21 by b69jojo

i wud just like to say to all these jack russell haters... please dont tar a breed with one brush, i am a veterinary nurse and along with owning my own jack russell which is the sweetest dog u ever come across but also met many that have lovely personalities, in fact i have been bitten by far more chihauhua's and yorkshire terriers.
No breed should be hounded (excuse the pun there) for the one that has bitten, that is like saying every motorbiker is bad cuz a few are out of control, or every indian person is a terrorist.
No dog is born nasty and the issues seriously need to be looked at at the other end of the lead!!!
as for this baby and the family i am very sorry for there loss and my thoughts go to them, but why was the dog able to bite the baby?
i cud rant for a long time about this subject but i wont, i just despair at the actions and small mindedness of ppl when something like this happens and how these animals have to suffer for it.

Just like to point out, I don't hate Jack Russell's for biting or whatever, I just dislike small yappy dogs.

I agree with pretty much all of what you are saying although I would say that certain breeds to have a tendency to be more or less "violent" than others, not a lot in it though.

I've got 9 Labradors myself and they've all got very different personalities, doubt any of them would hurt a fly.

A Jack Russel dog kills a one week old baby on 15:32 - Nov 21 with 2691 viewsMarinerisGod

Got a staffie have you?

:p
Poll: Best McCarthy

A Jack Russel dog kills a one week old baby on 15:32 - Nov 21 with 2689 viewsb69jojo

A Jack Russel dog kills a one week old baby on 11:13 - Nov 21 by Ryorry

Banning or destruction of any dog purely because it happens to be of a particular breed or type is just dog racism of the Nazi type. Any dog's fate should be based entirely on its history and behaviour as an individual. In Belfast eg, there have been cases of completely friendly, harmless, good-natured dogs which have been seized off the street whilst walking with their owners on a lead, and subsequently destroyed after being deemed pit-bull 'types' (not even proven by DNA).

i totally agree with this, why damn a breed because of one dogs actions which are 99% of the time the owners fault anyway. being a vet nurse i have met many many breeds and have come across some amazingly friendly "pit bull" types that have been kicked, punched abused and starved by there owner before being rescued and yet are still friendly but they end up destroyed just cus there "pit ball" types. yet wat happens to the owner "bugger all".

A Jack Russel dog kills a one week old baby on 15:34 - Nov 21 with 2683 viewsb69jojo

A Jack Russel dog kills a one week old baby on 11:23 - Nov 21 by oldbluestu

Any breed of dog can be dangerous if not trained correctly, all dogs should be banned

Especially all dogs who cr*p on pavements, although is that more of an owner problem

i wud prefer all humans to be banned there far worse and evil than any dog .... get a life

A Jack Russel dog kills a one week old baby on 15:35 - Nov 21 with 2678 views2blue

A Jack Russel dog kills a one week old baby on 11:13 - Nov 21 by Ryorry

Dog racism...truly the worst kind there is.

Poll: What would you prefer to happen?

A Jack Russel dog kills a one week old baby on 15:36 - Nov 21 with 2671 viewsb69jojo

A Jack Russel dog kills a one week old baby on 11:30 - Nov 21 by textbackup

every morning without fail theres a jack russel barks like mad at my german shepherd, in his face etc, the owner laughs it off, i can only imagine the reaction if one day my dog has enough and puts that little sh.itty thing up in a tree....

thats not the point tho, those grandparents wont ever forgive themselves (it was their dog i think) but remember it might not have been left alone with the baby, might have literally walked past and took a bite at the baby.

horrible story

a dog wud not just walk past and bite a week old baby without reason, there is always a reason!!!
as for ur GSD u would be better setting that on the owner not the poor dog who has obviously been taught to be like that... IT IS NOT THE DOGS FAULT

A Jack Russel dog kills a one week old baby on 15:37 - Nov 21 with 2662 viewsbluemurder

A Jack Russel dog kills a one week old baby on 15:32 - Nov 21 by MarinerisGod

Got a staffie have you?

A well bred Stafford is a great dog.

The trouble with them is that there are many thousands of backyard bred, poorly bred - from any old dog - the more vicious the better - that are then owned by idiots that want a 'hard' dog.

The sheer number combined with poor breeding, poor training and their innate strength means that there are bound to be instances where people get hurt.

A Jack Russel dog kills a one week old baby on 15:43 - Nov 21 with 2637 viewsMarinerisGod

A Jack Russel dog kills a one week old baby on 15:37 - Nov 21 by bluemurder

The trouble with them is that there are many thousands of backyard bred, poorly bred - from any old dog - the more vicious the better - that are then owned by idiots that want a 'hard' dog.

The sheer number combined with poor breeding, poor training and their innate strength means that there are bound to be instances where people get hurt.

So, in essence you've agreed they are a problem.

:p
Poll: Best McCarthy

A Jack Russel dog kills a one week old baby on 15:44 - Nov 21 with 2635 viewsb69jojo

A Jack Russel dog kills a one week old baby on 15:29 - Nov 21 by DanTheMan

Just like to point out, I don't hate Jack Russell's for biting or whatever, I just dislike small yappy dogs.

I agree with pretty much all of what you are saying although I would say that certain breeds to have a tendency to be more or less "violent" than others, not a lot in it though.

I've got 9 Labradors myself and they've all got very different personalities, doubt any of them would hurt a fly.

no dog is "violent" this is a human analogy...humans are "violet" !!! dogs do just wat dogs do and with some help from humans either turn out nice like ur labs or aggressive and bite someone. as again with my job i have seen many many very vicious labs, GSD's and collies all which are supposed to have lovely dispositions, but if you do come across a nasty one there size and strength make a huge difference.
i myself have owned labs, GSD's collies, x breeds and JRT's and have never had a nasty dog, but i take every dog as it comes and never judge a dog by its breed. :)

A Jack Russel dog kills a one week old baby on 15:44 - Nov 21 with 2634 views2blue

A Jack Russel dog kills a one week old baby on 15:43 - Nov 21 by MarinerisGod

And we should kill them all

Poll: What would you prefer to happen?

A Jack Russel dog kills a one week old baby on 15:45 - Nov 21 with 2625 viewsbluemurder

A Jack Russel dog kills a one week old baby on 15:43 - Nov 21 by MarinerisGod

No, the 'breeders' are the problem

A Jack Russel dog kills a one week old baby on 15:46 - Nov 21 with 2622 viewsjeera

A Jack Russel dog kills a one week old baby on 11:06 - Nov 21 by Illinoisblue

Wht sort of parents leave their baby alone with a dog? Askingfor trouble

I see no suggestion the baby was left alone with the dog.

Doesn't mean it's not possible I spose

Poll: Do we have the best fans site of them all?

A Jack Russel dog kills a one week old baby on 15:47 - Nov 21 with 2619 viewsb69jojo

A Jack Russel dog kills a one week old baby on 15:37 - Nov 21 by bluemurder

i totally agree with u :)

A Jack Russel dog kills a one week old baby on 15:50 - Nov 21 with 2598 viewsDanTheMan

A Jack Russel dog kills a one week old baby on 15:44 - Nov 21 by b69jojo

no dog is "violent" this is a human analogy...humans are "violet" !!! dogs do just wat dogs do and with some help from humans either turn out nice like ur labs or aggressive and bite someone. as again with my job i have seen many many very vicious labs, GSD's and collies all which are supposed to have lovely dispositions, but if you do come across a nasty one there size and strength make a huge difference.
i myself have owned labs, GSD's collies, x breeds and JRT's and have never had a nasty dog, but i take every dog as it comes and never judge a dog by its breed. :)

It's not a human analogy, it's a question of temperament. Certain breeds are less temperamental than others, in the same way other dogs are better with just one person as opposed to a family or dogs that require more discipline than others etc.

I certainly agree that the majority of the problem is the owner but certain breeds are more susceptible to certain things and require more attention and training than others.

Dogs, as animals, should fall into one of 2 categories. on 15:54 - Nov 21 with 2582 viewsWD19

1) Wild.
2) Kept for a purpose (i.e. working dogs).

Note: Being a surrogate 'friend' for lonely ppl is not a purpose.

A Jack Russel dog kills a one week old baby on 15:54 - Nov 21 with 2575 viewsMullet

Personally I feel dogs and kids should only be available through government controlled licensing.

A horrible tragedy nevertheless, completely senseless.

Poll: Is this the weakest England squad you've seen at a tournament?
Blog: Here's Where Mick's Intentions Lay?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2014