Please log in or register
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Super Bowl Chat Thread 18:37 - Feb 3 with 927 viewsJ2BLUE

Who's in? Who is staying up? Who do you think will win? Will the Ravens do it for Ray Lewis? Will Kaepernick lead the 49ers to glory?

If you don't like NFL please don't reply just to tell us you don't like it. You can hide the thread so please leave us in peace. Cheers.

Poll: If you would normally attend an away derby, will you attend a summer friendly?

Super Bowl Chat Thread on 18:40 - Feb 3 with 648 viewsGuthrum

Yes, I shall watch at least some of it. Don't know who I think will win this time (or which team I shall favour).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: Which is worse, a team which is playing
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Super Bowl Chat Thread on 18:43 - Feb 3 with 636 viewsRyorry

yeah I'll prob be up for some or most of it. I gather there are some really interesting backstories this year - 2 brothers playing on opposing sides for starters!

http://media.photobucket.com/image/life%20quote/cdamon/quotes%20nd%20sayings/quote.jpg?o=295
Poll: Should Alastair Cook be replaced as England Cricket Captain?

Super Bowl Chat Thread on 18:44 - Feb 3 with 630 viewsoldbluestu

Who's in the final ?

Super Bowl Chat Thread on 18:44 - Feb 3 with 630 viewsJ2BLUE

Super Bowl Chat Thread on 18:43 - Feb 3 by Ryorry

yeah I'll prob be up for some or most of it. I gather there are some really interesting backstories this year - 2 brothers playing on opposing sides for starters!

There are. Ray Lewis is playing his last game for the Ravens as well. He has been an NFL legend and i've just got a feeling they will win it for him.

Poll: If you would normally attend an away derby, will you attend a summer friendly?

Super Bowl Chat Thread on 18:45 - Feb 3 with 624 viewsJ2BLUE

Super Bowl Chat Thread on 18:44 - Feb 3 by oldbluestu

Who's in the final ?

Baltimore Ravens vs San Francisco 49ers

Super Bowl Chat Thread on 18:45 - Feb 3 with 625 viewsHereford_Blue

Super Bowl Chat Thread on 18:43 - Feb 3 by Ryorry

It's the coaches who are brothers.

Kaepernick is undoubtedly the better QB of the two but I can see Ray Lewis and Ed Reed bossing the defence enough to grind out a Ravens win.

Also, I really dislike Jim Harbaugh.

So, for these reasons: Ravens.

Super Bowl Chat Thread on 18:46 - Feb 3 with 620 viewsfactual_blue

Depends - do they take performance-enhancing drugs?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: How many norwich fans will I encounter at Liverpool Street tonight?
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Super Bowl Chat Thread on 18:47 - Feb 3 with 614 viewsRyorry

Super Bowl Chat Thread on 18:45 - Feb 3 by Hereford_Blue

Kaepernick is undoubtedly the better QB of the two but I can see Ray Lewis and Ed Reed bossing the defence enough to grind out a Ravens win.

ah, cheers

http://media.photobucket.com/image/life%20quote/cdamon/quotes%20nd%20sayings/quote.jpg?o=295
Poll: Should Alastair Cook be replaced as England Cricket Captain?

Super Bowl Chat Thread on 18:47 - Feb 3 with 614 viewsKangarooBlue

I've got it set for record. I'll wait until Lewis does his dance then probably call it a night, I don't particularly like the coverage, after every play, they'd go back to the studio and assess it, I'd rather they didn't do that to be honest.

I really hope the Ravens win it for Ray Lewis. I've been watching his motivational/inspirational videos on YouTube all week, he's such a legend.

Wagwan squire
Poll: Where do you think we'll finish next season

Super Bowl Chat Thread on 18:50 - Feb 3 with 601 viewsHealysBackPocket

I'm staying up, heading out to watch it with a few mates.

Personally, I can't see the 49er's losing. That's not to say I don't think Baltimore can't win, it's more the fact that the 49ers have been so dominant all year long that I just can't see them losing. I also shouldn't really want a 49ers win what with being a Cardinals fan, but you know, it'd keep it in the division and what not (which is funny as the NFC west was penned as one of the weakest divisions prior to the season.)

I did tweet jokingly about Akers making a 60+ yard FG, but in all honestly, that wouldn't surprise me, he has to come good at some point. Final score for me: SF: 30 Ravens: 27 after OT.

Super Bowl Chat Thread on 18:51 - Feb 3 with 598 viewsCrofty

Any good tips J2 I intend to watch it but haven't really been keeping up with the NFL this season.

Super Bowl Chat Thread on 18:53 - Feb 3 with 593 viewsJ2BLUE

Super Bowl Chat Thread on 18:51 - Feb 3 by Crofty

Any good tips J2 I intend to watch it but haven't really been keeping up with the NFL this season.

Wouldn't be confident with any tip on this game but if I had to i'd go Ravens +3.5

That would cover a field goal loss and after they beat the Patriots the Ravens can beat anyone.

Super Bowl Chat Thread on 18:54 - Feb 3 with 593 viewsfactual_blue

Or you could all spend the early hours eating popcorn and using a soppy boys rugby site?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: How many norwich fans will I encounter at Liverpool Street tonight?
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Super Bowl Chat Thread on 19:12 - Feb 3 with 567 viewsSwansea_Blue

Super Bowl Chat Thread on 18:47 - Feb 3 by KangarooBlue

I've got it set for record. I'll wait until Lewis does his dance then probably call it a night, I don't particularly like the coverage, after every play, they'd go back to the studio and assess it, I'd rather they didn't do that to be honest.

I really hope the Ravens win it for Ray Lewis. I've been watching his motivational/inspirational videos on YouTube all week, he's such a legend.

I'm glad they analyse each play, otherwise I'd have no clue what's going on! But it must be annoying if you understand the game.

I won't be staying up this year though.

Super Bowl Chat Thread on 19:13 - Feb 3 with 562 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Super Bowl Chat Thread on 18:45 - Feb 3 by Hereford_Blue

I'd disagree that Kaepernick is undoubtedly the better QB. He's got more to his game, but Flacco is the better pure passer and there's always the chance that pressure will tell with it only being Kaepernick's 10th NFL start

As for the game it really is too close to call. If pushed I'm backing the Ravens, just feels a bit written in the stars with it being Ray Lewis' last game and all

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Super Bowl Chat Thread on 19:19 - Feb 3 with 537 viewsCrofty

Super Bowl Chat Thread on 18:53 - Feb 3 by J2BLUE

Wouldn't be confident with any tip on this game but if I had to i'd go Ravens +3.5

That would cover a field goal loss and after they beat the Patriots the Ravens can beat anyone.

I'll have a look at that, I think it could well be fairly close myself.

Super Bowl Chat Thread on 19:30 - Feb 3 with 517 viewsconnorscontract

Super Bowl Chat Thread on 18:53 - Feb 3 by J2BLUE

You've got one of the best defences in the history of the NFL against jammy, spawny comeback kings.

Ravens by 10+

Seriously, I think the 49ers have used all their jam up, and don't see the Ravens allowing them back in if they go ahead. Brady was clammed up tight last week in the second half. At home.

Ravens by 10+

Kapaernick is a kid. Ray Lewis isn't.

Ravens by 10+

I'll eat humble pie if need be. I'll be keeping it here on the second screen, with my main men Kevin, Cecil and Neil "Guys, guys, please like me, I know loads about Football, as we call it in my house, honest, please like me" Reynolds

They are all on drugs on 19:36 - Feb 3 with 509 viewsBelsteadCav

Super Bowl Chat Thread on 18:46 - Feb 3 by factual_blue

Depends - do they take performance-enhancing drugs?

Have you seem the size of them

King of the board since 98
Poll: Updated Poll . What would you rather win as a Sportsman

Super Bowl Chat Thread on 19:37 - Feb 3 with 506 viewsblue_oyster

Once the hype has worn off, you're not left with a lot.

Win or lose, on the booze.
Poll: Vote Yes!

Super Bowl Chat Thread on 20:07 - Feb 3 with 484 viewsTheBeat72

I'm gonna give it a go, I've never watched a full NFL game before, just bits and pieces.
I think I've got a very basic grasp of the rules.

Is it fairly easy to follow?

Also who's the favourites?

Super Bowl Chat Thread on 20:09 - Feb 3 with 479 viewsMullet

Super Bowl Chat Thread on 20:07 - Feb 3 by TheBeat72

I'm gonna give it a go, I've never watched a full NFL game before, just bits and pieces.

Best bit of advice I can give you is if Jake Humphrey is fronting it or even pops up slam on the mute button and don't look into his eyes directly.

Poll: Is this the weakest England squad you've seen at a tournament?
Blog: Here's Where Mick's Intentions Lay?

Super Bowl Chat Thread on 20:10 - Feb 3 with 474 viewsJ2BLUE

Super Bowl Chat Thread on 20:07 - Feb 3 by TheBeat72

The commentators are pretty good at explaining what happened.

The 49ers are the favourites.

Watch on Sky Sports if you have it rather than BBC

Super Bowl Chat Thread on 20:11 - Feb 3 with 470 viewsTheBeat72

Super Bowl Chat Thread on 20:09 - Feb 3 by Mullet

Best bit of advice I can give you is if Jake Humphrey is fronting it or even pops up slam on the mute button and don't look into his eyes directly.

Lol

Cheers for that, I'll bear that in mind.

Super Bowl Chat Thread on 20:21 - Feb 3 with 456 viewsTheBeat72

Super Bowl Chat Thread on 20:10 - Feb 3 by J2BLUE

The commentators are pretty good at explaining what happened.

The 49ers are the favourites.

Watch on Sky Sports if you have it rather than BBC

Thanks, be watching on Sky.

How popular is it over here now?

I remember at school in the mid eighties it was very popular, most kids were either Dolphins, Bears or Redskins fans. Don't seem to hear so much about it these days.

Super Bowl Chat Thread on 20:23 - Feb 3 with 449 viewsJ2BLUE

Super Bowl Chat Thread on 20:21 - Feb 3 by TheBeat72

Thanks, be watching on Sky.

How popular is it over here now?

I remember at school in the mid eighties it was very popular, most kids were either Dolphins, Bears or Redskins fans. Don't seem to hear so much about it these days.

What are they talking about at your school these days? ;)

It's regaining some of that popularity. I'd say we're the biggest market outside of North America. They've given us two Wembley games next year so they must be confident they can tap this market.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2014