Please log in or register
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kieron Dyer - Very average yesterday for me. 19:03 - Feb 3 with 600 viewsYallop

I wonder if he'll make an impact at Boro?

Kieron Dyer - Very average yesterday for me. on 19:05 - Feb 3 with 591 viewsericclacton

Pedestrian,and thats being kind.

Kieron Dyer - Very average yesterday for me. on 19:06 - Feb 3 with 588 viewsITFC_Forever

All that being available and in space and not wasting the ball. Shocking.

If Boro's players had actually spotted him and passed him the ball, he would have influenced the game a lot more.

P 864, W 389, D 204, L 271, F 1318, A 1073

Kieron Dyer - Very average yesterday for me. on 19:10 - Feb 3 with 562 viewsbournemouthblue

He did nothing on the wing but he looked far better in the middle of the park imho, that's probably where they should use him.

How disappointing were Middlesbrough in general?
[Post edited 3 Feb 19:21]

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: So how likely is it Taylor will need surgery?

Kieron Dyer - Very average yesterday for me. on 19:12 - Feb 3 with 548 viewsfactual_blue

Kieron Dyer - Very average yesterday for me. on 19:10 - Feb 3 by bournemouthblue

He did nothing on the wing but he looked far better in the middle of the park imho, that's probably where they should use him.

Agreed, although not his former self in midfield either. His pace has gone (perhaps in part he's not match fit), and I don't think he fancied mixing it with either of our middle two - particularly the boy N'daw.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: How long should Neil Adams remain at norwich?
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Kieron Dyer - Very average yesterday for me. on 19:14 - Feb 3 with 541 viewswarkthisway

Kieron Dyer - Very average yesterday for me. on 19:12 - Feb 3 by factual_blue

Agreed, although not his former self in midfield either. His pace has gone (perhaps in part he's not match fit), and I don't think he fancied mixing it with either of our middle two - particularly the boy N'daw.

Yet another greedy individual who has taken the money time and again and not delivered.

bentnkuqi

Kieron Dyer - Very average yesterday for me. on 19:14 - Feb 3 with 540 viewsbournemouthblue

Kieron Dyer - Very average yesterday for me. on 19:12 - Feb 3 by factual_blue

That's probably a fair shout on the match fitness, I surprised to see him play all 90 minutes to honest. We'll see if that ends up being a good deal for the or not, I think he's missed his chance with us now despite claiming he'd have liked to finish his career here. I think the move to QPR scuppered any chance of that.

Kieron Dyer - Very average yesterday for me. on 19:18 - Feb 3 with 520 viewsMelford

That was his first full 90 mins in 2 years. Give him a chance. I reckon he will do alright at Boro. Mogga and Veno will make him feel wanted and can get the best out of him.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009

Kieron Dyer - Very average yesterday for me. on 19:22 - Feb 3 with 498 viewsDeano69

I thought he did ok. He was at the centre of anything boro did and always available to take the ball. Couldn't have done much more in a new side with virtually no competitive football for some time.

Poll: So, who is going to see Bazza Manilow

Kieron Dyer - Very average yesterday for me. on 19:23 - Feb 3 with 494 viewstractorboy1978

Kieron Dyer - Very average yesterday for me. on 19:14 - Feb 3 by warkthisway

Yet another greedy individual who has taken the money time and again and not delivered.

I think you'll find he has 'delivered' whenever he has been fit. He was a top notch player, sadly we'll never know just how top notch, as injuries plagued him when he was about to hit his peak. I actually think it's quite sad really.

He was their best player yesterday by the way.

Kieron Dyer - Very average yesterday for me. on 19:25 - Feb 3 with 484 viewsYallop

Kieron Dyer - Very average yesterday for me. on 19:10 - Feb 3 by bournemouthblue

I think they were a bit like we often are. No link up between the midfield and front 2. I can't imagine their midfield will score many more this season

Kieron Dyer - Very average yesterday for me. on 19:31 - Feb 3 with 460 viewsbournemouthblue

Kieron Dyer - Very average yesterday for me. on 19:25 - Feb 3 by Yallop

I think they were a bit like we often are. No link up between the midfield and front 2. I can't imagine their midfield will score many more this season

For me they're clearly best on the counter attack but we were so solid at the back, they struggled to even fashion half chances. Did Loach ever have to make a meaningful save?

My jaw dropped when Leadbitter lobbed that Barcelona-esque ball over the top though, he played more forward passing in that game for them than he did for us last season imho.

My main gripe with Leadbitter was he never got further forward nor tried any incisive passes, perhaps that was partly down to his instructions but Mowbray has clearly let him off the leash a little bit.

Kieron Dyer - Very average yesterday for me. on 19:39 - Feb 3 with 437 viewsSteve_M

Kieron Dyer - Very average yesterday for me. on 19:14 - Feb 3 by warkthisway

You know why he failed to deliver at West Ham don't you? Because some lower league clogger put him out for over a year with a viscous hack.

Poll: Will Neil Adams still be Nodge manager by the time we play them?
Blog: Where Does This Football Club Go From Here?

Kieron Dyer - Very average yesterday for me. on 19:43 - Feb 3 with 423 viewsitfcptc

Kieron Dyer - Very average yesterday for me. on 19:31 - Feb 3 by bournemouthblue

For me they're clearly best on the counter attack but we were so solid at the back, they struggled to even fashion half chances. Did Loach ever have to make a meaningful save?

My jaw dropped when Leadbitter lobbed that Barcelona-esque ball over the top though, he played more forward passing in that game for them than he did for us last season imho.

My main gripe with Leadbitter was he never got further forward nor tried any incisive passes, perhaps that was partly down to his instructions but Mowbray has clearly let him off the leash a little bit.

That was a big problem whilst he was here, there's no doubt he's a good performer at this level he just didn't perform for us due to a multitude of reason IMO, one of which being we often played him in the DM role, when he's not really suited to this he's just a standard CM. Other reasons were:

-we've been terrible as a team when he was here
-he played in a midfield 2 with Norris alot of the team leaving Leadbitter to basically be the only player wanting the ball
-captaincy didn't help given he wasn't a leader nor endeared himself to fans

Kieron Dyer - Very average yesterday for me. on 19:55 - Feb 3 with 395 viewsFootballpete

Kieron Dyer - Very average yesterday for me. on 19:06 - Feb 3 by ITFC_Forever

All that being available and in space and not wasting the ball. Shocking.

If Boro's players had actually spotted him and passed him the ball, he would have influenced the game a lot more.

I couldn't agree more, had the players around him given him the ball in the positions he'd gotten in to, the score would've been quite different.

He looked a class act in the middle, exactly the sort of midfielder we could do with.

Poll: Which Top Gear presenter is the biggest dickhead?

Kieron Dyer - Very average yesterday for me. on 20:01 - Feb 3 with 380 viewsbournemouthblue

Kieron Dyer - Very average yesterday for me. on 19:43 - Feb 3 by itfcptc

That was a big problem whilst he was here, there's no doubt he's a good performer at this level he just didn't perform for us due to a multitude of reason IMO, one of which being we often played him in the DM role, when he's not really suited to this he's just a standard CM. Other reasons were:

-we've been terrible as a team when he was here
-he played in a midfield 2 with Norris alot of the team leaving Leadbitter to basically be the only player wanting the ball
-captaincy didn't help given he wasn't a leader nor endeared himself to fans

Norris and Leadbitter were always part of the problem imho, it was very much a Gerrard and Lampard scenario without the talent.

Leadbitter often slowed play down and stopped the ball moving forward when we had a good opportunity to stretch an opposition. I always thought it was pretty damning that we played a more dynamic high tempo game with Hyam playing in his absence despite Hyam being a holding midfielder.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2014