Please log in or register
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Taylor and N'Daw Charges 16:57 - Mar 1 with 11569 viewsPhilTWTD

Obviously, as with any situations along these lines, best not to prejudge or relay what you hear may or may not have happened on here. Could cause you legal problems to do so. Cheers.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Taylor Charge on 21:40 - Mar 1 with 10909 viewsSuperfrans

Phil, is the March 18th date going to be when the trial will kick off? Or is it another preliminary hearing?

Poll: What do you think of the new ITFC Academy Association Friends scheme?
Blog: Kieron: One of Suffolk's Greatest Talents, Ill-Served by Dire Headlines

Taylor Charge on 07:46 - Mar 2 with 10749 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Undoubtedly it will be a magistrates court appearance. If there is a guilty plea, it will be dealt with by the magistrates in a summary trial at a later date, if not guilty it will be refered to the crown court for a 'full' trial again at a late date.

Just a formality.

Poll: Would you prefer an experienced manager or an up and coming one.

Taylor Charge on 07:52 - Mar 2 with 10712 viewsblue_oyster

Taylor Charge on 07:46 - Mar 2 by Cheltenham_Blue

Undoubtedly it will be a magistrates court appearance. If there is a guilty plea, it will be dealt with by the magistrates in a summary trial at a later date, if not guilty it will be refered to the crown court for a 'full' trial again at a late date.

Just a formality.

Will it be on Ipswich Player ?

Writing wrongs.
Poll: What is progress for next season?

Taylor Charge on 09:44 - Mar 2 with 10661 viewsPhilTWTD

Just a formality.

Police statement says it's a magistrates' court and assume the process will be as you say.

Taylor Charge on 10:19 - Mar 2 with 10633 viewsCotty

Taylor Charge on 09:44 - Mar 2 by PhilTWTD

Police statement says it's a magistrates' court and assume the process will be as you say.

Any idea what the average sentence is for cases like this (I am not assuming guilt or that he will plead guilty, just interested to know what could possibly be in store)

Taylor Charge on 10:34 - Mar 2 with 10625 viewsMajorBlue

Just a formality.

Depends on severity of case.

Some GBH cases, ie S18 Magistrates will pass it over to Crown so a larger sentance can be passed. If he pleads not guilty it will go to Crown whatever as S18 and S21 can only be dealt with by jury.

Taylor Charge on 10:39 - Mar 2 with 10629 viewsMajorBlue

Taylor Charge on 10:19 - Mar 2 by Cotty

Any idea what the average sentence is for cases like this (I am not assuming guilt or that he will plead guilty, just interested to know what could possibly be in store)

Depends what he gets charged with, If found guilty of S18 then a prison sentance is mandatory and normally no less than 3 years and can be anything up to life.
S21 then prison a possibility but not the only option, may get large fine, community services etc but still a very serious offence.

S18 is one down from manslaughter.

Edit
S18 = Section 18 GBH with intent
S21 = Section 21 GBH without intent
[Post edited 3 Mar 20:08]

How did the Norfolk police get involved ? on 07:40 - Mar 3 with 9835 viewsFred

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2286985/Paul-Taylor-charged-gr

Taylor Charge on 14:52 - Mar 4 with 9195 viewsLord_Lucan

Taylor Charge on 09:44 - Mar 2 by PhilTWTD

I reckon this will end up in crown court even if he pleads guilty. There were three of them weren't there? That won't help at all.

Poll: Should I

Taylor Charge on 21:00 - Mar 13 with 5863 viewsMillsey

if he's found guilty? he be hung, drawn and quartered outside tower ramparts

Taylor Charge on 17:24 - Mar 17 with 4541 viewssparks

Taylor Charge on 14:52 - Mar 4 by Lord_Lucan

I reckon this will end up in crown court even if he pleads guilty. There were three of them weren't there? That won't help at all.

Will only go there on a guilty plea if the Mag thinks it hasnt sufficient sentencing powers.

Faith gives you knowledge in the same way that tossing a coin gives you 'heads'
Poll: Evolution- true or false?

Taylor Charge on 17:28 - Mar 17 with 4536 viewsblue_oyster

Taylor Charge on 17:24 - Mar 17 by sparks

Will only go there on a guilty plea if the Mag thinks it hasnt sufficient sentencing powers.

Are they both there tomorrow?

"Send in the next Ipswich player..."

Writing wrongs.
Poll: What is progress for next season?

Taylor Charge on 19:56 - Mar 17 with 4428 viewssparks

Taylor Charge on 10:39 - Mar 2 by MajorBlue

Depends what he gets charged with, If found guilty of S18 then a prison sentance is mandatory and normally no less than 3 years and can be anything up to life.
S21 then prison a possibility but not the only option, may get large fine, community services etc but still a very serious offence.

S18 is one down from manslaughter.

Edit
S18 = Section 18 GBH with intent
S21 = Section 21 GBH without intent
[Post edited 3 Mar 20:08]

The charge is ABH...

Faith gives you knowledge in the same way that tossing a coin gives you 'heads'
Poll: Evolution- true or false?

Taylor Charge on 09:47 - Mar 18 with 4103 viewsMajorBlue

Taylor Charge on 19:56 - Mar 17 by sparks

The charge is ABH...

Taylor has been charged with GBH which is what this thread was originally about.

N'Daw has been added later who is charged with ABH.

How did the Norfolk police get involved ? on 18:21 - Mar 18 with 3837 viewsbournemouthblue

How did the Norfolk police get involved ? on 07:40 - Mar 3 by Fred

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2286985/Paul-Taylor-charged-gr

classic ignorance from a bigger paper journalist I guess?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: So how likely is it Taylor will need surgery?

Taylor Charge on 12:11 - Mar 25 with 1427 viewsLord_Lucan

Taylor Charge on 17:24 - Mar 17 by sparks

Yes I realise that. The fact that there were three of them is an aggravating factor isn't it? If 12 months is still the maximum a magistrate can give I would say it would have to go to crown - wouldn't you?

Poll: Should I

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2014