Please log in or register
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Josh Carson 16:42 - Mar 23 with 1436 viewsitfcjoe

Won a penalty for York, resulting in defender getting sent off.

They are 2-1 down with 10 left.

Poll: What ban should Luis Suarez receive?
Blog: Would Reece Brown Be a Useful Addition to the ITFC Squad?

Josh Carson on 17:07 - Mar 23 with 1180 viewsJohn_Warks_Willy

Great....I'm pleased he's found his level.

Poll: When you lose a derby do people overreact?

Josh Carson on 17:10 - Mar 23 with 1165 viewsitfcjoe

Josh Carson on 17:07 - Mar 23 by John_Warks_Willy

He's 19 years old.

Josh Carson on 17:10 - Mar 23 with 1167 viewsJ2BLUE

Josh Carson on 17:07 - Mar 23 by John_Warks_Willy

He has scored 5 goals for us in 31 appearances and he's only 19.

Bit soon to give up on him. Bale* was seen as a curse for a while at Spurs and now they'd be gutted to lose him.

*In no way am I comparing the two, just mentioning the virtues of patience.

Poll: If you would normally attend an away derby, will you attend a summer friendly?

Josh Carson on 17:14 - Mar 23 with 1160 viewsJohn_Warks_Willy

Josh Carson on 17:10 - Mar 23 by J2BLUE

Bit soon to give up on him. Bale* was seen as a curse for a while at Spurs and now they'd be gutted to lose him.

I know I know. I gave up on Smith as well a while a go I admit, how wrong I was.

I didn't give up on Trotter though, or Bowditch!

But I have definitely given up on Murray....I'm confident on this one....

Josh Carson on 17:15 - Mar 23 with 1143 viewsJohn_Warks_Willy

Josh Carson on 17:10 - Mar 23 by itfcjoe

He's 19 years old.

Height?

Josh Carson on 17:20 - Mar 23 with 1128 viewsBlueBadger

Josh Carson on 17:10 - Mar 23 by J2BLUE

Trouble is, those goals came two years ago. From a promising start, he's stagnated. At best. There's still time for him, but he needs to show he can do it, and that his attitude is right.

Yes, I probably am taking the piss.
Poll: Is Mingsisoverrated Blueas' weakest comedy creation yet?

Josh Carson on 17:27 - Mar 23 with 1088 viewschristiand

Josh Carson on 17:15 - Mar 23 by John_Warks_Willy

Height?

Messi? I'm not saying josh Carson is Lionel messi but that is a typical response from these shores. Doesn't mean that he is small he can't play.

Josh Carson on 17:28 - Mar 23 with 1086 viewsitfcjoe

Josh Carson on 17:14 - Mar 23 by John_Warks_Willy

I know I know. I gave up on Smith as well a while a go I admit, how wrong I was.

I didn't give up on Trotter though, or Bowditch!

But I have definitely given up on Murray....I'm confident on this one....

I think you'll be right on that one, just doesn't really have a position any more. Neither big nor quick nor a good finisher to play up front - can't beat a man to play wide.

I think his attitude and work ethic and seeming want to relocate anywhere (Swindon, Torquay, Plymouth) will mean he'll stay in the leagues but doubt he'll acheive anything outside bottom 2 divisions.

Josh Carson on 17:35 - Mar 23 with 1065 viewsitfcjoe

Josh Carson on 17:20 - Mar 23 by BlueBadger

Trouble is, those goals came two years ago. From a promising start, he's stagnated. At best. There's still time for him, but he needs to show he can do it, and that his attitude is right.

He has only had one year as a pro, as broke through very young. Yes he's stagnated for one reason or another - was his attitude wrong? Sounds like it but that seemed to have clicked with him a long time back and he's knuckled down.

I spoke to him a few weeks back and he was desperate to get out on loan - he's gone to a L2 relegation scrap which will be great exoerience, and wil help itfc learn a lot about him.

I think his early break through is currently working against him, he's miles ahead of anyone else his age at the club.

Josh Carson on 17:47 - Mar 23 with 1004 viewsGarv

Josh Carson on 17:35 - Mar 23 by itfcjoe

He has only had one year as a pro, as broke through very young. Yes he's stagnated for one reason or another - was his attitude wrong? Sounds like it but that seemed to have clicked with him a long time back and he's knuckled down.

I spoke to him a few weeks back and he was desperate to get out on loan - he's gone to a L2 relegation scrap which will be great exoerience, and wil help itfc learn a lot about him.

I think his early break through is currently working against him, he's miles ahead of anyone else his age at the club.

Hewitt?

Poll: How many goals will Nouble score next season?

Josh Carson on 17:48 - Mar 23 with 1002 viewsJakeITFC

Josh Carson on 17:28 - Mar 23 by itfcjoe

I think you'll be right on that one, just doesn't really have a position any more. Neither big nor quick nor a good finisher to play up front - can't beat a man to play wide.

I think his attitude and work ethic and seeming want to relocate anywhere (Swindon, Torquay, Plymouth) will mean he'll stay in the leagues but doubt he'll acheive anything outside bottom 2 divisions.

Been offered terms here.

Josh Carson on 17:50 - Mar 23 with 1002 viewsitfcjoe

Josh Carson on 17:47 - Mar 23 by Garv

Hewitt?

Ok I'll give you Hewitt, but I'd say he's easily on par with him. Hewitt has looked excellent, but only played twice.

Josh Carson on 17:51 - Mar 23 with 997 viewsitfcjoe

Josh Carson on 17:48 - Mar 23 by JakeITFC

Been offered terms here.

Who Ronan? Do you mean for next year - if that's case I'd be surprised...

Josh Carson on 17:52 - Mar 23 with 991 viewsJakeITFC

Josh Carson on 17:51 - Mar 23 by itfcjoe

Who Ronan? Do you mean for next year - if that's case I'd be surprised...

Yup on both counts.

Josh Carson on 17:59 - Mar 23 with 969 viewsEdmunds5

Itfcjoe makes a great point. Quite a few young players seem to burst onto the scene early and make an impression and then things go stale. Just look at Raheem Sterling, Looked the next big thing at the start of the season, got an England cap but has struggled to keep at the same level. Oxlade-Chamberlain the same, good season last year but has struggled this season. Whether its confidence, pressure, the way they have been managed I'm not really sure. Young players are still learning the game, alot of the ones who have struggled with consistency are those who are pacey or skilful and are sometimes overly reliant on that. It takes a while to develop positional sense, decision making, final ball ect, Bale and Walcott have become quality players but remember these guys have only reached this level since they were 23ish.

La la la Sixto Peralta
Poll: Which of these strikers will score more for Ipswich this season?
Blog: Lower League Transfer Targets

Josh Carson on 18:04 - Mar 23 with 943 viewsbournemouthblue

Josh Carson on 17:59 - Mar 23 by Edmunds5

Itfcjoe makes a great point. Quite a few young players seem to burst onto the scene early and make an impression and then things go stale. Just look at Raheem Sterling, Looked the next big thing at the start of the season, got an England cap but has struggled to keep at the same level. Oxlade-Chamberlain the same, good season last year but has struggled this season. Whether its confidence, pressure, the way they have been managed I'm not really sure. Young players are still learning the game, alot of the ones who have struggled with consistency are those who are pacey or skilful and are sometimes overly reliant on that. It takes a while to develop positional sense, decision making, final ball ect, Bale and Walcott have become quality players but remember these guys have only reached this level since they were 23ish.

half the battle is playing regularly, unfortunately for Sterling, Sturidge has turned up and he's been dynamite next to Suarez.

No idea what's gone on with the Ox though, Walcott's re-emergence?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: So how likely is it Taylor will need surgery?

Josh Carson on 18:09 - Mar 23 with 914 viewsitfcjoe

Josh Carson on 18:04 - Mar 23 by bournemouthblue

half the battle is playing regularly, unfortunately for Sterling, Sturidge has turned up and he's been dynamite next to Suarez.

No idea what's gone on with the Ox though, Walcott's re-emergence?

I think it's to be expected with youngsters, they need to come in and out otherwise they burn out - think Sterling been managed very well, kept his ego in track.

Josh Carson on 18:10 - Mar 23 with 907 viewsitfcjoe

Josh Carson on 17:52 - Mar 23 by JakeITFC

Yup on both counts.

When did that happen - very surprised as he's been pretty poor at Plymouth.

Josh Carson on 18:14 - Mar 23 with 895 viewsEdmunds5

True BournemouthBlue Sturridge and Suarez look a good combination and Sturridge more of a goal threat than Sterling. I personally think Oxlade-Chamberlain has become over confident and thinks things will come naturally to him when they haven't. Either that or the opposite, where he is trying to hard to improve to get his form going so that he is forgetting the basics, I do rate him though and he will come good.

La la la Sixto Peralta
Poll: Which of these strikers will score more for Ipswich this season?
Blog: Lower League Transfer Targets

Josh Carson on 18:18 - Mar 23 with 880 viewsJakeITFC

Josh Carson on 18:10 - Mar 23 by itfcjoe

When did that happen - very surprised as he's been pretty poor at Plymouth.

A month ago? My original thoughts were that it could be a token offer on the same terms to secure a fee by tribunal if he joins a league club, but apparently McCarthy likes him, as Jewell did before.

Understand this is a loan to get him first team game time as opposed to a loan with a look to a move (ala Ainsley/Whight)

Josh Carson on 18:26 - Mar 23 with 861 viewsitfcjoe

Josh Carson on 18:18 - Mar 23 by JakeITFC

A month ago? My original thoughts were that it could be a token offer on the same terms to secure a fee by tribunal if he joins a league club, but apparently McCarthy likes him, as Jewell did before.

Understand this is a loan to get him first team game time as opposed to a loan with a look to a move (ala Ainsley/Whight)

I find it strange, he's not pulled up any trees at Plymouth just one goal and I'm in contact with their performance analyst who has said how he hasn't looked sharp, and not done a lot.

Ainsley is definitely off, not sure about Whight as yet.

Josh Carson on 18:27 - Mar 23 with 858 viewsRadlett_blue

Perhaps young players have the advantage of being unknown at first. after a season, opposition teams know their strengths & weaknesses 7 can deal with them accordingly - especially attacking players.

Josh Carson on 18:27 - Mar 23 with 856 viewsbluetown

Josh Carson on 18:18 - Mar 23 by JakeITFC

you have a direct line to McCarthy ?. or just an over active imagination, just remember u.. like the rest of us know nothing about the plans of itfc, ffs.

Josh Carson on 18:33 - Mar 23 with 837 viewsDeano69

Josh Carson on 17:15 - Mar 23 by John_Warks_Willy

Height?

Weight?

Poll: So, who is going to see Bazza Manilow

Josh Carson on 18:33 - Mar 23 with 836 viewsitfcjoe

Josh Carson on 18:27 - Mar 23 by bluetown

you have a direct line to McCarthy ?. or just an over active imagination, just remember u.. like the rest of us know nothing about the plans of itfc, ffs.

I think you missed the word apparently out of Jakes post....

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2014