Please log in or register
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
berra - worst signing of the season!! 22:44 - Mar 15 with 1532 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Don't get me wrong, he's a decent centre back and a good character.

But breaking up the rock solid Smith - Chambers centre back pairing was a massive mistake.

Poll: Has modern football left Mick behind?

berra - worst signing of the season!! on 22:46 - Mar 15 with 1500 viewsMicknosehowtodoit

He's better than Smith though and only one should play with chambers next to them.

Our issue is no right back and cresswell for me isn't a great defender

Poll: How old are you?
Blog: [Blog] My Thoughts on Clegg

berra - worst signing of the season!! on 22:49 - Mar 15 with 1473 viewsITFCed

chambers is the worst of the three

Poll: Who was the player of the tournament in your opinion?

berra - worst signing of the season!! on 22:50 - Mar 15 with 1472 viewsMarcus_Evans

Apart from being our best centre back everything you say of course makes perfect sense....

berra - worst signing of the season!! on 22:50 - Mar 15 with 1468 viewsJakeITFC

I'm struggling to see how breaking up a partnership to replace it with a better one is a problem.

berra - worst signing of the season!! on 22:53 - Mar 15 with 1437 viewstractorblue99

He's our player of the season.

Poll: Where will we end this season?

berra - worst signing of the season!! on 22:53 - Mar 15 with 1437 viewsGarv

berra - worst signing of the season!! on 22:50 - Mar 15 by JakeITFC

I'm struggling to see how breaking up a partnership to replace it with a better one is a problem.

Is it a better one? I wouldn't say so.

Poll: How many goals will Nouble score next season?

berra - worst signing of the season!! on 22:57 - Mar 15 with 1416 viewsMarcus_Evans

berra - worst signing of the season!! on 22:53 - Mar 15 by Garv

Is it a better one? I wouldn't say so.

No, best most natural partnership is Berra/Chambers, but we won't see it this season.

It's the reason Smith didn't go to play for NZ for fear of not getting back in the side.

Smith was at fault for first two goals today - missed cutting out ball for first and lost Barnett for the second.

He's shattered after no break for almost 2 years and should be rested for his own sake and ours before the mistakes get worse
[Post edited 15 Mar 22:57]

berra - worst signing of the season!! on 22:59 - Mar 15 with 1398 viewsdan_itfc

Unfortunately he's turned out too good.

On the face of it he signed as adequate cover, the reality is he's probably our best centre back. For me it's either go with Chambo and Berra, dropping Tommy through no fault of his own, or adapt the system to fit them all in a la Liverpool or Watford.

It's not hard for us...

berra - worst signing of the season!! on 23:04 - Mar 15 with 1375 viewsitfcjoe

berra - worst signing of the season!! on 22:57 - Mar 15 by Marcus_Evans

No, best most natural partnership is Berra/Chambers, but we won't see it this season.

It's the reason Smith didn't go to play for NZ for fear of not getting back in the side.

Smith was at fault for first two goals today - missed cutting out ball for first and lost Barnett for the second.

He's shattered after no break for almost 2 years and should be rested for his own sake and ours before the mistakes get worse
[Post edited 15 Mar 22:57]

Are you still claiming to not be Dr Beaker?!

Poll: What ban should Luis Suarez receive?
Blog: Would Reece Brown Be a Useful Addition to the ITFC Squad?

berra - worst signing of the season!! on 23:05 - Mar 15 with 1369 viewsMarcus_Evans

berra - worst signing of the season!! on 23:04 - Mar 15 by itfcjoe

Are you still claiming to not be Dr Beaker?!

Absolutely! I know who it is on here though :)

On Twitter under my real name as said multiple times before....
[Post edited 15 Mar 23:09]

berra - worst signing of the season!! on 00:01 - Mar 16 with 1270 viewsLuggworm

The only problem with any CB partnership at the moment is the goalkeeper behind them.

berra - worst signing of the season!! on 00:06 - Mar 16 with 1256 viewsJ2BLUE

berra - worst signing of the season!! on 00:01 - Mar 16 by Luggworm

The only problem with any CB partnership at the moment is the goalkeeper behind them.

So that's Berra, Chambers, Cresswell, Gerken and Smith all to blame and that's just a few posts on one thread.

Poll: If you would normally attend an away derby, will you attend a summer friendly?

berra - worst signing of the season!! on 00:12 - Mar 16 with 1239 viewsfeelingblue

He is a far better centre back than Chambers, and Smith is also better than Chambers. The only question is around having two left footed centre backs. Chambers at RB has been one of our weaknesses imho. He is not a bad player, just our third best CB playing out of position at RB.

berra - worst signing of the season!! on 00:20 - Mar 16 with 1218 viewsHoppersblue10

I up arrowed this by mistake, what a load of bollocks this post is, he will probably be our player of the season, best CB we have.
The issue we have is that MM is trying to keep TS, LC & CB all in the team but by playing LC out of position.!

Poll: Who do you want to win on Sunday?

berra - worst signing of the season!! on 02:49 - Mar 16 with 1104 viewsHerbivore

I hate it when we sign players who play well for us. God I miss Jewell and Keano.

berra - worst signing of the season!! on 03:26 - Mar 16 with 1092 viewsITFC_Essex

Berra has been our best player this season aside from McGoldrick, he's clearly a bottom end Premier League quality centre half, his timings on tackles are exceptional and we are lucky to have someone of his calibre in the squad. Smith & Chambers if anything are prone to errors and are the embodiment of Championship quality defending. Lets also face facts, Cresswell hasn't had a good season either.

Our worse signing of the season has to be SEB thus far, anyone who turns up that unprepared for work in the real world wouldn't have a job very long. The fact he drags his large backside out there and wheezes through games for decent money is an absolute insult to the supporters. Alan Lee is in miles better shape.

Poll: Who would be the TWTD Player of the Season?

berra - worst signing of the season!! on 07:03 - Mar 16 with 1012 viewstextbackup

Let's be serious here, Wigan are the best team in the league, losing to them with 2/3 individual errors isn't the worse that could happen

From the banks of the river oooorrrrwell.... Dreaming of a team of tommy smiths
Poll: What's more important to you?

berra - worst signing of the season!! on 07:51 - Mar 16 with 919 viewsfloridaboy

berra - worst signing of the season!! on 07:03 - Mar 16 by textbackup

Let's be serious here, Wigan are the best team in the league, losing to them with 2/3 individual errors isn't the worse that could happen

Berra has been the best centre half we have had for some while and needs to play there. The problem we have is that we need a rb that is actually a rb and not one who is only playing there because he is captain.

And for me Cresswell has been poor for a while now which is putting so much pressure on Berra and Smith.

For me I would play Mings at left back and move Cresswell to left midfield. We are not going anywhere with regards to promotion so now would be an ideal time to try a few things. Get Marriott back from Woking and give the boy a go

At the end of the season MM needs to get rid of SEB, Green, Hunt. Sadly Williams will be back at Palace which is a great shame because he is the only player we have with a decent bit of skill.

A must for next season is a keeper. A decent keeper gives the defence confidence, something we have not had for a while

Going to be a very very busy close season for MM/TC

berra - worst signing of the season!! on 08:09 - Mar 16 with 885 viewsbrogansnose

berra - worst signing of the season!! on 22:53 - Mar 15 by tractorblue99

He's our player of the season.

Me and my mate stood there yesterday saying the same thing. At the very least he's got to be in the top three.

Worst signing of the season ? Really ?

berra - worst signing of the season!! on 08:38 - Mar 16 with 841 viewschislehurstblue

Berra is our best player by some way. The very fact you think he is worse than smith and chambers is worrying. Do you attend games??

berra - worst signing of the season!! on 09:31 - Mar 16 with 753 viewsjas0999

Disagree. He's a good defender who chips in with goals. Think he's scored more than our entire midfield put together. In fact, our defence is good enough to compete for top 6. Sadly,the keepers are poor, whilst he least said about our midfield he better!

berra - worst signing of the season!! on 09:45 - Mar 16 with 708 views3_5_2

Bringing Inthe best cb we have had in ages is not the issue. It is good to have 3 players fighting for 2 positions. The issue is not playing a recognised rb and using Chambo

Good fishing from you though

Hindsight is always 20:20

berra - worst signing of the season!! on 11:44 - Mar 16 with 588 viewsSebastian

berra - worst signing of the season!! on 09:31 - Mar 16 by jas0999

Disagree. He's a good defender who chips in with goals. Think he's scored more than our entire midfield put together. In fact, our defence is good enough to compete for top 6. Sadly,the keepers are poor, whilst he least said about our midfield he better!

Fabianski will leave Arsenal at the end of the season, grab him MM!

"Ah c'n shee wha he wush tryin to do there Goldruck". - Alex Mathie

berra - worst signing of the season!! on 11:52 - Mar 16 with 557 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Of course, having Hyam and N'Daw sat ahead of them certainly helped Chambers and Smith

Berra is our best CB by miles

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

berra - worst signing of the season!! on 12:11 - Mar 16 with 524 viewsWarkystache

berra - worst signing of the season!! on 11:52 - Mar 16 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Of course, having Hyam and N'Daw sat ahead of them certainly helped Chambers and Smith

Berra is our best CB by miles

Berra's f*cking ace - did you see the way he timed a challenge on McLean yesterday? The bloke would've been in on goal without it. He's played consistently well for us. More than you can say for Cresswell and Chambo, both of whom look worryingly short of form.

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2014