Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Complete history of Town matches live on TV? 11:54 - Oct 6 with 48666 viewsPaul_B

Hey folks,

I'm looking to compile a list of every single Town match ever to be shown live on telly. This information doesn't appear to be readily available anywhere on the web so I'm attempting to create it myself with your assistance.

All findings will be edited into this post to form a definitive list.

Thanks for your help.

This should be quite nostalgic if nothing else.

Here we go:

VIEW THE COMPLETE LIST HERE:
==========================
http://ipswich.myclubontv.co.uk
==========================
[Post edited 16 Oct 2016 11:35]
Complete history of Town matches live on TV? on 20:36 - Oct 6 with 2792 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Another one :

Boxing Day 2002, or could have been two days after. We beat Leicester 2 1 at the Walkers Stadium Gaardsoe scored and it was pure robbery from us.

Don't remember any of the games from the 2002 03 UEFA Cup run being on TV. Can't imagine Sartid away was shown.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Complete history of Town matches live on TV? on 20:37 - Oct 6 with 2787 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Complete history of Town matches live on TV? on 20:36 - Oct 6 by The_Last_Baron

Another one :

Boxing Day 2002, or could have been two days after. We beat Leicester 2 1 at the Walkers Stadium Gaardsoe scored and it was pure robbery from us.

Don't remember any of the games from the 2002 03 UEFA Cup run being on TV. Can't imagine Sartid away was shown.

Yep I'm fairly sure none of them in that season were shown on tv.
Complete history of Town matches live on TV? on 20:45 - Oct 6 with 2756 viewsTrequartista

95/96 Norwich (A), Millwall (H)

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Complete history of Town matches live on TV? on 20:48 - Oct 6 with 2753 viewsPaul_B

Complete history of Town matches live on TV? on 19:46 - Oct 6 by gainsboroughblue

Barnsley at home last season is missed off list. Though, I can understand no one remembering that. Eminently forgettable.

Ps. Grimsby was 98 not 97.

Barnsley were in League 1 last season so I think you must be referring to the season before (2013/14). It was a 1-1 draw. http://www.itfc.co.uk/fixtures-results/match-report/index.aspx?matchid=3667052

Nevertheless, I didn't have it on the list so thanks!

I think that was in fact the only match we had broadcast that season. It's very unusual for us to have just the one game on TV during a season but I'm pretty sure I'm right in saying that.

I will update the list to put Grimsby under the correct season.
Complete history of Town matches live on TV? on 20:53 - Oct 6 with 2725 viewsPhilTWTD

Complete history of Town matches live on TV? on 16:05 - Oct 6 by hoppy

Who did he support when you left university?

Still Leeds, I think. Actually just remembered that while I watched it on Match of the Day, he watched it live in Ireland, probably on RTE.
Complete history of Town matches live on TV? on 20:55 - Oct 6 with 2720 viewsPhilTWTD

Complete history of Town matches live on TV? on 20:35 - Oct 6 by PrideOfTheEast

Was it? I recall the club screening it but didn't think it was on tv.

No, you're right, just checked and the club showed it. So I assume none of the away games were shown live anywhere. Think at least the Liberec home game would have been.
Complete history of Town matches live on TV? on 20:57 - Oct 6 with 2715 viewsKilburnBlue

Complete history of Town matches live on TV? on 20:45 - Oct 6 by Trequartista

95/96 Norwich (A), Millwall (H)

The one where we drew 0-0 and they kicked off?

Cannot recall that one.
[Post edited 6 Oct 2015 20:58]

Complete history of Town matches live on TV? on 21:02 - Oct 6 with 2703 viewsPaul_B

Whilst we're on the subject of away games being screened live at Portman Road - I mentioned this earlier... but what about the play-off game at The Valley v Charlton in 1998?

It was shown on a big screen at PR (I was there) but was the game actually on Sky? People would have either attended because it's the only way they could watch it short of getting tickets for the match, or because they hadn't got Sky.
[Post edited 6 Oct 2015 21:03]
Login to get fewer ads

Complete history of Town matches live on TV? on 21:04 - Oct 6 with 2689 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Complete history of Town matches live on TV? on 21:02 - Oct 6 by Paul_B

Whilst we're on the subject of away games being screened live at Portman Road - I mentioned this earlier... but what about the play-off game at The Valley v Charlton in 1998?

It was shown on a big screen at PR (I was there) but was the game actually on Sky? People would have either attended because it's the only way they could watch it short of getting tickets for the match, or because they hadn't got Sky.
[Post edited 6 Oct 2015 21:03]

Wasn't on sky.
Complete history of Town matches live on TV? on 21:11 - Oct 6 with 2669 viewsTractorJack

Lost away to Watford 2-1 in 08/09, Pablo scoring early.
Complete history of Town matches live on TV? on 21:19 - Oct 6 with 2653 viewsPaul_B

Complete history of Town matches live on TV? on 21:11 - Oct 6 by TractorJack

Lost away to Watford 2-1 in 08/09, Pablo scoring early.

Cheers. Added to the list.
Complete history of Town matches live on TV? on 21:26 - Oct 6 with 2634 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Complete history of Town matches live on TV? on 21:19 - Oct 6 by Paul_B

Cheers. Added to the list.

Forest away 97/98 was on. Van Hoijdonk (sp) scored for them.
Complete history of Town matches live on TV? on 21:29 - Oct 6 with 2623 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Complete history of Town matches live on TV? on 21:26 - Oct 6 by PrideOfTheEast

Forest away 97/98 was on. Van Hoijdonk (sp) scored for them.

Not sure Forest away 99/00 was but happy to be corrected.
Complete history of Town matches live on TV? on 21:31 - Oct 6 with 2618 viewsKilburnBlue

Don't know the answer to this myself but was the Birmingham semi-final first leg on live (2000/01 season) at Portman Road?
[Post edited 6 Oct 2015 21:32]

Complete history of Town matches live on TV? on 21:31 - Oct 6 with 2614 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Complete history of Town matches live on TV? on 21:31 - Oct 6 by KilburnBlue

Don't know the answer to this myself but was the Birmingham semi-final first leg on live (2000/01 season) at Portman Road?
[Post edited 6 Oct 2015 21:32]

No.
Complete history of Town matches live on TV? on 21:54 - Oct 6 with 2567 viewsPaul_B

Complete history of Town matches live on TV? on 21:29 - Oct 6 by PrideOfTheEast

Pretty sure it was on Sky. If I knew where I was keeping my ITFC VHS tapes then I'd check.

I've added the other Forest game from a couple of seasons before to the list. Thanks.
Complete history of Town matches live on TV? on 21:58 - Oct 6 with 2556 viewsgainsboroughblue

Complete history of Town matches live on TV? on 21:54 - Oct 6 by Paul_B

Pretty sure it was on Sky. If I knew where I was keeping my ITFC VHS tapes then I'd check.

I've added the other Forest game from a couple of seasons before to the list. Thanks.

Yeah. Holland scored in a 1-0 win.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Complete history of Town matches live on TV? on 22:01 - Oct 6 with 2539 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Complete history of Town matches live on TV? on 21:54 - Oct 6 by Paul_B

Brum away 98/99. Lost 1 -0 I think
Complete history of Town matches live on TV? on 22:06 - Oct 6 with 2524 viewsDoobDude

In the 1999/2000 season our home game with Palace was on the TV?

What... is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow? What do you mean? An African or European swallow? Huh? I... I don't know that ... Auuuuuuuugh.
Poll: Whi is getting sold to fund the Webster Signing

Complete history of Town matches live on TV? on 22:14 - Oct 6 with 2507 viewsgainsboroughblue

Sheff Utd away 1998. 2-1 win. Abou and Naylor.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Complete history of Town matches live on TV? on 22:34 - Oct 6 with 2477 viewsRadlett_blue

Complete history of Town matches live on TV? on 12:38 - Oct 6 by PhilTWTD

I'm pretty sure that wasn't on TV as well for some reason.

Yes, neither of the Sheffield United play-off games were live on TV.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Complete history of Town matches live on TV? on 08:04 - Oct 7 with 2396 viewsSteve_M

It was, a Sunday lunchtime. I watched it in a pub with something of a hangover.

http://www.tmwmtt.com/page.php?page=matchReport&level=1&tablename1=tbl_extended_

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Complete history of Town matches live on TV? on 09:20 - Oct 7 with 2374 viewsLamby95

Complete history of Town matches live on TV? on 20:48 - Oct 6 by Paul_B

Barnsley were in League 1 last season so I think you must be referring to the season before (2013/14). It was a 1-1 draw. http://www.itfc.co.uk/fixtures-results/match-report/index.aspx?matchid=3667052

Nevertheless, I didn't have it on the list so thanks!

I think that was in fact the only match we had broadcast that season. It's very unusual for us to have just the one game on TV during a season but I'm pretty sure I'm right in saying that.

I will update the list to put Grimsby under the correct season.

Another game that season was our last away game versus Burnley. We needed to win to keep playoff hopes alive and I think they had just been promoted the weekend before or beat us to confirm promotion.

EDIT: It seems you may have put this match in the wrong season. The 12/13 game wasn't on sky as it was the game where Mings started his first game and also Marriot played
[Post edited 7 Oct 2015 9:32]
Complete history of Town matches live on TV? on 09:23 - Oct 7 with 2360 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Yes, this was on Sky. We battered them, late Holland winner.

Complete history of Town matches live on TV? on 09:26 - Oct 7 with 2348 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Complete history of Town matches live on TV? on 20:57 - Oct 6 by KilburnBlue

The one where we drew 0-0 and they kicked off?

Cannot recall that one.
[Post edited 6 Oct 2015 20:58]

The 0 0 with Millwall was on TV in the Anglia region. Was the final game of the 95 96 season.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024