Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Complete history of Town matches live on TV? 11:54 - Oct 6 with 48670 viewsPaul_B

Hey folks,

I'm looking to compile a list of every single Town match ever to be shown live on telly. This information doesn't appear to be readily available anywhere on the web so I'm attempting to create it myself with your assistance.

All findings will be edited into this post to form a definitive list.

Thanks for your help.

This should be quite nostalgic if nothing else.

Here we go:

VIEW THE COMPLETE LIST HERE:
==========================
http://ipswich.myclubontv.co.uk
==========================
[Post edited 16 Oct 2016 11:35]
Complete history of Town matches live on TV? on 09:47 - Oct 7 with 2903 viewsExiled_Blue

Sorry if some of these have already been discussed but I've found a few matches that were played on Sundays, although no evidence if they were on TV.

2008/09
Norwich (H) (won 3-2)

2009/10
Cardiff (A) (won 2-1)

2010/11
Norwich (A) (lost 4-1) 99% sure this one was on TV
Norwich (H) (lost 5-1)

2013/14
Wigan (A) (lost 2-0) Think this was the season Wigan were in the Europa League so probably not on TV.
Complete history of Town matches live on TV? on 09:51 - Oct 7 with 2894 viewsSteve_M

Complete history of Town matches live on TV? on 09:47 - Oct 7 by Exiled_Blue

Sorry if some of these have already been discussed but I've found a few matches that were played on Sundays, although no evidence if they were on TV.

2008/09
Norwich (H) (won 3-2)

2009/10
Cardiff (A) (won 2-1)

2010/11
Norwich (A) (lost 4-1) 99% sure this one was on TV
Norwich (H) (lost 5-1)

2013/14
Wigan (A) (lost 2-0) Think this was the season Wigan were in the Europa League so probably not on TV.

The Cardiff and Wigan games weren't on TV. Cardiff moved because of rugby I think.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Complete history of Town matches live on TV? on 09:59 - Oct 7 with 2883 viewsExiled_Blue

Complete history of Town matches live on TV? on 09:51 - Oct 7 by Steve_M

The Cardiff and Wigan games weren't on TV. Cardiff moved because of rugby I think.

Wales v Australia on the Saturday of that weekend, makes sense.
Complete history of Town matches live on TV? on 10:01 - Oct 7 with 2878 viewsPaul_B

Complete history of Town matches live on TV? on 09:20 - Oct 7 by Lamby95

Another game that season was our last away game versus Burnley. We needed to win to keep playoff hopes alive and I think they had just been promoted the weekend before or beat us to confirm promotion.

EDIT: It seems you may have put this match in the wrong season. The 12/13 game wasn't on sky as it was the game where Mings started his first game and also Marriot played
[Post edited 7 Oct 2015 9:32]

Yes mate - you're right. I'll sort this. Thanks.
[Post edited 7 Oct 2015 10:03]
Complete history of Town matches live on TV? on 10:03 - Oct 7 with 2857 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Another match not mentioned was a 2 2 draw at home to Sheffield United circa 1997. We were in a poor run of form at the time. Remember Neil Gregory scoring a late equaliser. Paul Devlin scored for Blades.

I'm sure Pride of Anglia will have the full details of it. This was on Sky.
[Post edited 7 Oct 2015 10:06]

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Complete history of Town matches live on TV? on 10:09 - Oct 7 with 2842 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Complete history of Town matches live on TV? on 10:03 - Oct 7 by The_Last_Baron

Another match not mentioned was a 2 2 draw at home to Sheffield United circa 1997. We were in a poor run of form at the time. Remember Neil Gregory scoring a late equaliser. Paul Devlin scored for Blades.

I'm sure Pride of Anglia will have the full details of it. This was on Sky.
[Post edited 7 Oct 2015 10:06]

This game was on Sunday 9th November 1997 according to Pride of Anglia.

http://www.tmwmtt.com/page.php?page=matchReport&level=1&tablename1=tbl_extended_

Mitch Ward scored a cracker. Devlin scored in the 2 1 televised win at Bramall Lane around this time.
[Post edited 7 Oct 2015 10:14]

Complete history of Town matches live on TV? on 11:02 - Oct 7 with 2815 viewsPaul_B

OK folks, I have made some further revisions to the list.

Turns out a lot of the stuff on there was either simply not on TV or under the wrong season. I'm also fairly confident that all the games appear in chronological order now.

I've also added in a couple that haven't been mentioned.

Note: It doesn't include the Sheff Utd game(s) just mentioned - I'll do some research into that one. Thanks.
Complete history of Town matches live on TV? on 11:07 - Oct 7 with 2800 viewsgainsboroughblue

Complete history of Town matches live on TV? on 11:02 - Oct 7 by Paul_B

Turns out a lot of the stuff on there was either simply not on TV or under the wrong season. I'm also fairly confident that all the games appear in chronological order now.

Note: It doesn't include the Sheff Utd game(s) just mentioned - I'll do some research into that one. Thanks.

Good work. Imagine if we were United/Liverpool fans. Would be tougher by far, especially given 'The Big Match Live' and MOTD in the 80s!

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Login to get fewer ads

Complete history of Town matches live on TV? on 11:24 - Oct 7 with 2783 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Brilliant thread BTW.
Complete history of Town matches live on TV? on 11:37 - Oct 7 with 2776 viewsFurrow

Complete history of Town matches live on TV? on 11:24 - Oct 7 by PrideOfTheEast

Brilliant thread BTW.

1990's play offs against Wolves know this was on sky as watched it, in all of the places to be Walkabout in Canal Basin Brum, surrounded by Wolves fans
Complete history of Town matches live on TV? on 11:47 - Oct 7 with 2769 viewsgainsboroughblue

Complete history of Town matches live on TV? on 11:37 - Oct 7 by Furrow

1990's play offs against Wolves know this was on sky as watched it, in all of the places to be Walkabout in Canal Basin Brum, surrounded by Wolves fans

I must have been in a coma for that one. When did we play Wolves in the playoffs?

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Complete history of Town matches live on TV? on 11:57 - Oct 7 with 2759 viewsPhilTWTD

Excellent stuff, one omission which I notice is the Sheff Wed game at home in 94/95. I'm certain that was on Sky.
Complete history of Town matches live on TV? on 12:01 - Oct 7 with 2754 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Complete history of Town matches live on TV? on 11:57 - Oct 7 by PhilTWTD

Excellent stuff, one omission which I notice is the Sheff Wed game at home in 94/95. I'm certain that was on Sky.

Yes that Weds game was on. Wark scored for us I think.
Complete history of Town matches live on TV? on 13:40 - Oct 7 with 2717 viewsPaul_B

List updated again.

I have put question marks against Sheff Wed at home in 94/95 and Sheff Utd at home in 97/98 til I can find out for sure. Though I guess if several of you are saying that it was then I have to believe it.

I think I had put the Sheff Wed game on the list but then removed it after I saw something to suggest it wasn't on TV after all. Couldn't tell you what that was on reflection, so I've reinstated it.

Thanks for your continued input folks!
Complete history of Town matches live on TV? on 14:00 - Oct 7 with 2692 viewsSteve_M

Complete history of Town matches live on TV? on 13:40 - Oct 7 by Paul_B

List updated again.

I have put question marks against Sheff Wed at home in 94/95 and Sheff Utd at home in 97/98 til I can find out for sure. Though I guess if several of you are saying that it was then I have to believe it.

I think I had put the Sheff Wed game on the list but then removed it after I saw something to suggest it wasn't on TV after all. Couldn't tell you what that was on reflection, so I've reinstated it.

Yes, both were on TV.

Complete history of Town matches live on TV? on 14:01 - Oct 7 with 2692 viewsSteve_M

Complete history of Town matches live on TV? on 11:57 - Oct 7 by PhilTWTD

I've mentioned it twice! How can anyone forget Bontcho's penalty.

Complete history of Town matches live on TV? on 14:03 - Oct 7 with 2691 viewsPrideOfTheEast

List updated again.

The Sheff Utd game was definitely on tv. Think Andy Legg played and scored for us at the Churchman's end.
Complete history of Town matches live on TV? on 14:19 - Oct 7 with 2675 viewsMach_foreignBlue

The game from 2008/09 that hasn't been mentioned. It was our first ever visit to Keepmoat Stadium where we lost 0-1 to Doncaster.
Complete history of Town matches live on TV? on 14:49 - Oct 7 with 2647 viewsPaul_B

Complete history of Town matches live on TV? on 14:19 - Oct 7 by Mach_foreignBlue

The game from 2008/09 that hasn't been mentioned. It was our first ever visit to Keepmoat Stadium where we lost 0-1 to Doncaster.

Yes. Good call. Now that's one I do remember. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/7711451.stm

You guys seem in no doubt over the two Sheffield matches so I'll get rid of those question marks!
Complete history of Town matches live on TV? on 15:02 - Oct 7 with 2632 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Complete history of Town matches live on TV? on 14:19 - Oct 7 by Mach_foreignBlue

Good shout that.
Complete history of Town matches live on TV? on 16:40 - Oct 7 with 2596 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Complete history of Town matches live on TV? on 21:04 - Oct 6 by PrideOfTheEast

Wasn't on sky.

Sky didn't exist in 1987.

Complete history of Town matches live on TV? on 16:42 - Oct 7 with 2593 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Complete history of Town matches live on TV? on 22:34 - Oct 6 by Radlett_blue

Yes, neither of the Sheffield United play-off games were live on TV.

Extra-time was screened live.

Complete history of Town matches live on TV? on 16:45 - Oct 7 with 2584 viewspete81

Complete history of Town matches live on TV? on 16:40 - Oct 7 by The_Last_Baron

Sky didn't exist in 1987.

Where none of the uefa cup games under sir Bob never on terrestrial t.v? Not either of the 2 legged final games in 81?

(am to young to remember, born 5 may 81 - one day after the home leg I believe)? Hence the username....
Complete history of Town matches live on TV? on 16:46 - Oct 7 with 2584 viewsThe_Last_Baron

List updated again.

Sheffield Wed at home 94-95 and Sheffield United at home 97-98 were both definitely on Sky.

The Wednesday game is famous for Bontcho skying a penalty and Wednesday scoring a very late winner.

The Blades game was a few days after the infamous home defeat to Stockport. We were terrible and Don Hutchinson had to go into goal as Simon Tracey cracked his skull. Andy Legg and Neil Gregory scored for us and we scraped a 2-2 draw.

Complete history of Town matches live on TV? on 16:49 - Oct 7 with 2576 viewsSteve_M

Complete history of Town matches live on TV? on 16:46 - Oct 7 by The_Last_Baron

Sheffield Wed at home 94-95 and Sheffield United at home 97-98 were both definitely on Sky.

The Wednesday game is famous for Bontcho skying a penalty and Wednesday scoring a very late winner.

The Blades game was a few days after the infamous home defeat to Stockport. We were terrible and Don Hutchinson had to go into goal as Simon Tracey cracked his skull. Andy Legg and Neil Gregory scored for us and we scraped a 2-2 draw.

I remember an unfit Mogga being skinned by Brian Deane. That's how bad we were.

Sheffield United did score a really good goal though - long range volley I think.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024