Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Loft For Words Preview & QPR Pre-Match Thoughts... 11:39 - Jan 2 with 1312 viewsHarryfromBath

Here's Clive Whittingham's preview piece on this morning's Loft for Words front page. Not a lot to say about us, but he is in characteristically fine form and turns his gaze on Hoops' habit of either deifying or vilifying players in a knee-jerk manner...

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/44645/losing-run-sn

Looking around more widely, Rangers' forums have been quiet and they have had little to say about the game. One prediction thread has 48% going for a home win and 29% forecasting a draw and these are pretty pessimistic numbers for a home team.

From their optimists: "Ipswich are just as poor as us, a massive game and chance to get back to back wins. I think the win against Wolves would of lifted everyone enormously", "We need to go into this game with a bit of self belief after beating Wolves", "Ipswich was game I thought would be the change in fortunes and sticking with that. Two wins on the trot."

From their pessimists: "If Idrissa Sylla plays, we will score, but either way I think we will lose this one. A draw at best", "Hope I'm wrong but can see the extra days rest benefitting Ipswich. 1-2."

I reckon most would be happy with a point.

That's a fair pile of assumptions you've jumped to there.....
Poll: Who Do You Think Will Win The Championship Play-offs?
Blog: How Mick McCarthy Accelerated His Own Departure

cheers buh (n/t) on 11:43 - Jan 2 with 1281 viewsDyland

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Loft For Words Preview & QPR Pre-Match Thoughts... on 12:07 - Jan 2 with 1194 viewsunstableblue

Thanks Harry, an interesting and well written piece. Not much on Town as you say.

It was good to note that their recent win after a dismal run was 'spawny' and against the run of play.

It still will have given them a boost, as will our 3 points against Bristol at home.

It really is time for back to back wins, and important prior to bringing players in and our tough looking February.

Team selection, concentration and energy being the key. We were woeful at Loftus Road last year. Come out quickly and we can turn the home fans from the off.

I think all fans want to see Bru start, but it seems Bristol was easy fare, and Mick may have solidity concerns - hence a reversion to the hapless Douglas.

Let's hope for the best and 3 points. That's almost a run!!

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024