Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The future is bright, it's Blue and White. 12:26 - Jan 2 with 951 viewshampstead_blue

I've been ruminating on ME's recent statement and plan.

Maybe we, the fans, have to come to terms with our position in the grand scheme of things.

Prem parachute payments are wildly distorting the Champ and alongside FFP the hands of those without PPayments are yet tied further.

We are firmly in the lower end of affordability and as such ME and MM's strategy is probably the right one.

What choice do they have? I don't see any other strategy.

MM is probably the best manager we will get to implement such a strategy (of course there may be better managers, but he's probably in the top 5 or ten).

We have a cracking squad in terms of budget. I look at the list and of course would change a few things, but MM and ME know the restrictions and I do trust MM when he says that he is doing the best with the budget.

Chambers going and promoting the youth would free up a huge (in context) chunk of budget.

Recently I have been wavering and was tipping toward MM out, but after reading ME's plan I am tipped toward backing MM.

Any entrepreneurs out there who try and run a company on a shoe string will get it. I'm one of them btw.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

The future is bright, it's Blue and White. on 12:32 - Jan 2 with 928 viewsJ2BLUE

Not sure Chambers is on as much as we think. We've had people claim the likes of McGoldrick and Chambers are on mega money but Milne seemed to hint that our top earner is nowhere near £20k a week. I'd guess he's on 8-10k rather than the 14,000 several on here claimed.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

The future is bright, it's Blue and White. on 12:33 - Jan 2 with 908 viewshampstead_blue

The future is bright, it's Blue and White. on 12:32 - Jan 2 by J2BLUE

Not sure Chambers is on as much as we think. We've had people claim the likes of McGoldrick and Chambers are on mega money but Milne seemed to hint that our top earner is nowhere near £20k a week. I'd guess he's on 8-10k rather than the 14,000 several on here claimed.

In monetary terms I've no idea, I was thinking more in % of budget.

I'd imagine Chambers is one of the top earners.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.

The future is bright, it's Blue and White. on 12:35 - Jan 2 with 907 viewsParisBlue

The future is bright, it's Blue and White. on 12:32 - Jan 2 by J2BLUE

There was a news article following on from a court appearance about 12 months ago which stated he was on 6k (from memory)

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

The future is bright, it's Blue and White. on 12:42 - Jan 2 with 872 viewsTractorboy24

I agree with you and do feel that bringing in young players to develop along side our own youth products is the most sustainable way to ensure my son has an ipswich to support in the future.

I do think that this should have been stated before though (when decision was made or in the summer), releasing this statement half way through a pretty disappointing season just makes it look revisionist.
The future is bright, it's Blue and White. on 13:08 - Jan 2 with 795 viewsEdwardStone

I have also been thinking what could be done to help us push on, be a top side in the Champ and maybe go up thru' the automatic places rather than the scramble and hope of the play offs

And my answer is simple....

Really very straightforward.....

Stop selling our better players....

If ME is set to gain untold millions from even 1 season in the Prem, why cash in on players like Tyrone Mings and even Aaron Cresswell.....

It's not like they owe ITFC millions, being incomers from lower clubs..... yet I think we really miss their creative spark and their replacements have not really matched their achievements

Stop bloody selling and retain the quality and look for the larger payout in the longer term, not the smaller return in the short term

And I know that you have an understanding that you ought to let your players go upwards to reach their full potential etc, you just tell them that they will be playing in the Prem if they get their finger out and win promotion
The future is bright, it's Blue and White. on 15:03 - Jan 2 with 600 viewshampstead_blue

The future is bright, it's Blue and White. on 13:08 - Jan 2 by EdwardStone

I have also been thinking what could be done to help us push on, be a top side in the Champ and maybe go up thru' the automatic places rather than the scramble and hope of the play offs

And my answer is simple....

Really very straightforward.....

Stop selling our better players....

If ME is set to gain untold millions from even 1 season in the Prem, why cash in on players like Tyrone Mings and even Aaron Cresswell.....

It's not like they owe ITFC millions, being incomers from lower clubs..... yet I think we really miss their creative spark and their replacements have not really matched their achievements

Stop bloody selling and retain the quality and look for the larger payout in the longer term, not the smaller return in the short term

And I know that you have an understanding that you ought to let your players go upwards to reach their full potential etc, you just tell them that they will be playing in the Prem if they get their finger out and win promotion

I'm not sure they had much choice.

If a Prem league club came in for me and the money was huge I'd leave. No doubt about it.

Mings and Cresswell did the correct thing for their own careers. We can't complain about that.

The future is bright, it's Blue and White. on 15:30 - Jan 2 with 567 viewsBenters

At the end of the day (not this day of course) we sit in 14th place you are happy with that ?

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024