Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
hyundai a league 06:46 - Jan 3 with 1142 viewsitfctilidie

If we are sending scouts to Bermuda we should pay attention to the Australian A league. Tight salary caps mean the players aren't on a great wage and players are on the cheap. The standard is getting better and there are a few gems. Physical league as we'll. Jamie Mclaren a 23 year old striker from Brisbane roar is a player I'd like at Town. Can't see Tommy Oar giving a good report on us though. A young central defender is emerging as well at Melbourne City Ruin tonjkyik (close enough) has great potential under the right guidance
hyundai a league on 10:59 - Jan 3 with 1060 viewsYarraBlue

Not sure of the standard frankly itfctilidie. I watch Melbourne Victory, probably the biggest club in the A League, who have an Albanian striker called Besart Berisha. He's banging them in and just became the A League's leading scorer in the ten or so years it's been going. I think he's classed as a star of the league.

From what I've heard though he was at Burnley and didn't get a start, and floundered at Armenia Bielefield in Germany.

A winger called Marco Rojas I like the look of, but I doubt he has the physicality for England, think he also tried to make it in Germany but didn't cut it. There's a Uruguayan goalscorer at Melbourne City (the Man City franchise) called Fornarolli who can finish but has a very annoying penchant for diving at the slightest touch.

In the meantime though. Up the Victory! At least it's a match to go to.
hyundai a league on 11:09 - Jan 3 with 1050 viewsPhilTWTD

Have actually had an Australian join the academy as a full-time scholar this season, Ben Folami. I know they rate him very highly, although I've only seen him fleetingly as a sub in the U23s so can't really give too much of an insight.
hyundai a league on 12:01 - Jan 3 with 982 viewsitfcjoe

hyundai a league on 10:59 - Jan 3 by YarraBlue

Not sure of the standard frankly itfctilidie. I watch Melbourne Victory, probably the biggest club in the A League, who have an Albanian striker called Besart Berisha. He's banging them in and just became the A League's leading scorer in the ten or so years it's been going. I think he's classed as a star of the league.

From what I've heard though he was at Burnley and didn't get a start, and floundered at Armenia Bielefield in Germany.

A winger called Marco Rojas I like the look of, but I doubt he has the physicality for England, think he also tried to make it in Germany but didn't cut it. There's a Uruguayan goalscorer at Melbourne City (the Man City franchise) called Fornarolli who can finish but has a very annoying penchant for diving at the slightest touch.

In the meantime though. Up the Victory! At least it's a match to go to.

I think work permits are a problem also

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

hyundai a league on 13:52 - Jan 3 with 931 viewsPinewoodblue

hyundai a league on 12:01 - Jan 3 by itfcjoe

I think work permits are a problem also

Post Brexit think we will have different rules. Perhaps in the Football League a limit will be placed on the number of players that csn be in the matchday squad from outside of the British Isles.

Currently work permits would be a problem.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

hyundai a league on 15:15 - Jan 3 with 887 viewsMullet

It looks roughly League 2 or so to me. Which is an improvement on where it was. I actually watched a BT Sport program the other night with a round up of Perth Glory at West Sydney?

Noticed Keogh was playing and much younger than I thought. But the fact that at 30 he didn't really stand out was telling. I remember being in Sydney and watching Bobby Petta playing as a lone striker for Adelaide (I think) maybe just under a decade or so ago. You can see any decent player on the way down is getting an easy ride at that level.

I'm sure there's potential there, but likewise when you can scout much closer to home with a bigger pool of players in the European leagues I'm not sure it makes much sense. Surely we'd be better off with Bajner/Bru type scenario of someone coming on trial to earn a crack at the big time over here?
[Post edited 3 Jan 2017 15:19]

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

hyundai a league on 16:50 - Jan 3 with 816 viewsmichaeldownunder

I think that most players are div 3 standard at best, there are a few that look OK but is that because the rest are so poor?

McLaren at my club Brisbane Roar is OK but not sure he would cut it in the championship.
Over here a lot of the players that go overseas and come back very quickly.

Basher, as I call him, is a bit of a thug with a eye for goal. All his good work is in the pen area, all ways looks like he is going to be sent off and falls over if a player is within 5 yards of him.

Fair few older players come here for the last pay cheque and a bit of sun on the old bones.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024