Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Did anyone notice that Kenlock kept his place ahead of Knudsen yesterday? (n/t) 12:12 - Jan 3 with 1786 viewsitfcjoe

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Did anyone notice that Kenlock kept his place ahead of Knudsen yesterday? (n/t) on 12:15 - Jan 3 with 1425 viewsdavblue

There's something to work with there.
Did anyone notice that Kenlock kept his place ahead of Knudsen yesterday? (n/t) on 12:15 - Jan 3 with 1416 viewsITFCBlues

Yep & by all accounts was much better. Not sure why it's taken so long for him to get a chance...

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Did anyone notice that Kenlock kept his place ahead of Knudsen yesterday? (n/t) on 12:15 - Jan 3 with 1410 viewsKieran_Knows

Yer but Douglas is sh*t and Mick is dinosaur.......

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Did anyone notice that Kenlock kept his place ahead of Knudsen yesterday? (n/t) on 12:17 - Jan 3 with 1388 viewspowinswitch

Did anyone notice that Kenlock kept his place ahead of Knudsen yesterday? (n/t) on 12:15 - Jan 3 by Kieran_Knows

Yer but Douglas is sh*t and Mick is dinosaur.......

Correct
Did anyone notice that Kenlock kept his place ahead of Knudsen yesterday? (n/t) on 12:18 - Jan 3 with 1385 viewsDarth_Koont

Yes. Seems to be some genuine competition there even in Mick's mind.

I wonder if Knudsen will play against Lincoln though. I guess we'll need to wait for the next league game to see who's winning. He acted earlier but Mick did the same with Mings and Parr when it seemed likely that Parr was first-choice.

Pronouns: He/Him

Did anyone notice that Kenlock kept his place ahead of Knudsen yesterday? (n/t) on 12:20 - Jan 3 with 1361 viewsReuser_is_God

I hadn't but it's hardly an achievement is it?

Kenlock should've taken Knudsens place months ago.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Did anyone notice that Kenlock kept his place ahead of Knudsen yesterday? (n/t) on 12:21 - Jan 3 with 1343 viewsReuser_is_God

Did anyone notice that Kenlock kept his place ahead of Knudsen yesterday? (n/t) on 12:18 - Jan 3 by Darth_Koont

Yes. Seems to be some genuine competition there even in Mick's mind.

I wonder if Knudsen will play against Lincoln though. I guess we'll need to wait for the next league game to see who's winning. He acted earlier but Mick did the same with Mings and Parr when it seemed likely that Parr was first-choice.

Parr only played LB when Mings was unavailable.

Evans out

Did anyone notice that Kenlock kept his place ahead of Knudsen yesterday? (n/t) on 12:23 - Jan 3 with 1325 viewsitfcjoe

Did anyone notice that Kenlock kept his place ahead of Knudsen yesterday? (n/t) on 12:20 - Jan 3 by Reuser_is_God

I hadn't but it's hardly an achievement is it?

Kenlock should've taken Knudsens place months ago.

All we heard all week was that he'll get dropped because Mick doesn't trust kids, but because Douglas came on it is totally forgotten that he kept his place (and I know for a fact that JK was fit on Friday also)

Login to get fewer ads

Did anyone notice that Kenlock kept his place ahead of Knudsen yesterday? (n/t) on 12:26 - Jan 3 with 1293 viewsPhilTWTD

I suspect he would have kept his place for the Wigan game had MM not played the attacking line-up he did with Dozzell starting. Think Knudsen is more trusted from a defensive perspective at the moment.
Did anyone notice that Kenlock kept his place ahead of Knudsen yesterday? (n/t) on 12:27 - Jan 3 with 1274 viewsReuser_is_God

Did anyone notice that Kenlock kept his place ahead of Knudsen yesterday? (n/t) on 12:23 - Jan 3 by itfcjoe

All we heard all week was that he'll get dropped because Mick doesn't trust kids, but because Douglas came on it is totally forgotten that he kept his place (and I know for a fact that JK was fit on Friday also)

That's true but it had gone beyond the point of JK needing dropping, you said that yourself a few weeks back. Hopefully Kenlock's calf injury isn't a bad one.

We actually played some of our best football of the season yesterday & I don't think having a full back who is comfortable on the ball was a coincidence in this.

Evans out

Did anyone notice that Kenlock kept his place ahead of Knudsen yesterday? (n/t) on 12:27 - Jan 3 with 1269 viewsDarth_Koont

Did anyone notice that Kenlock kept his place ahead of Knudsen yesterday? (n/t) on 12:21 - Jan 3 by Reuser_is_God

Parr only played LB when Mings was unavailable.

Yes. But it came out of the blue. Don't remember anyone making a case for Mings to become first-choice before it just happened.

Did anyone notice that Kenlock kept his place ahead of Knudsen yesterday? (n/t) on 12:28 - Jan 3 with 1259 viewsArcher4721

Did anyone notice that Kenlock was supposed to be "injured" when he came off yesterday?

Even he looked bemused.
Did anyone notice that Kenlock kept his place ahead of Knudsen yesterday? (n/t) on 12:34 - Jan 3 with 1200 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Did anyone notice that Kenlock kept his place ahead of Knudsen yesterday? (n/t) on 12:28 - Jan 3 by Archer4721

Did anyone notice that Kenlock was supposed to be "injured" when he came off yesterday?

Even he looked bemused.

Heh, I was waiting for someone to claim that one

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Did anyone notice that Kenlock kept his place ahead of Knudsen yesterday? (n/t) on 12:36 - Jan 3 with 1174 viewsReuser_is_God

Did anyone notice that Kenlock kept his place ahead of Knudsen yesterday? (n/t) on 12:27 - Jan 3 by Darth_Koont

Yes. But it came out of the blue. Don't remember anyone making a case for Mings to become first-choice before it just happened.

To be fair no one had really seen much of Mings.

I remember that summer Palace offered us £2.5m for him & we were all a bit bemused as to why we didn't accept it given he'd only played about 5 games for us.

EDIT: Plus Mings had Cresswell ahead of him whereas Kenlock has Jonas, huge difference.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2017 12:37]

Evans out

Did anyone notice that Kenlock kept his place ahead of Knudsen yesterday? (n/t) on 12:36 - Jan 3 with 1179 viewsElderGrizzly

I didn't see anyone claim they didn't?

In fact there are plenty of posts claiming him to be one of the highlights from yesterday?
Did anyone notice that Kenlock kept his place ahead of Knudsen yesterday? (n/t) on 12:41 - Jan 3 with 1109 viewshoppy

Did anyone notice that Kenlock kept his place ahead of Knudsen yesterday? (n/t) on 12:28 - Jan 3 by Archer4721

Even he looked bemused.

He must've been really annoyed to have to put all that strapping on his leg before coming over to the fans at the end, just to keep up the pretence then...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Did anyone notice that Kenlock kept his place ahead of Knudsen yesterday? (n/t) on 12:44 - Jan 3 with 1079 viewsitfcjoe

Did anyone notice that Kenlock kept his place ahead of Knudsen yesterday? (n/t) on 12:36 - Jan 3 by ElderGrizzly

I didn't see anyone claim they didn't?

In fact there are plenty of posts claiming him to be one of the highlights from yesterday?

Been plenty of pre-emptive moaning that Mick would drop him

Did anyone notice that Kenlock kept his place ahead of Knudsen yesterday? (n/t) on 12:48 - Jan 3 with 1040 viewsArcher4721

Did anyone notice that Kenlock kept his place ahead of Knudsen yesterday? (n/t) on 12:41 - Jan 3 by hoppy

He must've been really annoyed to have to put all that strapping on his leg before coming over to the fans at the end, just to keep up the pretence then...

Would a whoosh be too harsh here?
Did anyone notice that Kenlock kept his place ahead of Knudsen yesterday? (n/t) on 12:49 - Jan 3 with 1022 viewsDarth_Koont

Did anyone notice that Kenlock kept his place ahead of Knudsen yesterday? (n/t) on 12:36 - Jan 3 by Reuser_is_God

To be fair no one had really seen much of Mings.

I remember that summer Palace offered us £2.5m for him & we were all a bit bemused as to why we didn't accept it given he'd only played about 5 games for us.

EDIT: Plus Mings had Cresswell ahead of him whereas Kenlock has Jonas, huge difference.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2017 12:37]

But we'd seen as much of him as Kenlock. And Parr had played a good few games as well.

My point was more that Mick decided early on that he thought Mings gave us more despite Parr's steadiness, experience, wages or anything else. It's not a one-off either because he quickly came to the same decision with Bishop over players like Tabb, Ambrose and Wordsworth or whoever it was that was around back then.

He's not a manager who plays youth for youth's sake but then again who is? But he doesn't seem a manager who is too caught up with experience either in his team selections and signings. In fact I'd argue that was more Jewell and even Magilton's territory.

Did anyone notice that Kenlock kept his place ahead of Knudsen yesterday? (n/t) on 12:52 - Jan 3 with 985 viewsReuser_is_God

Did anyone notice that Kenlock kept his place ahead of Knudsen yesterday? (n/t) on 12:49 - Jan 3 by Darth_Koont

But we'd seen as much of him as Kenlock. And Parr had played a good few games as well.

My point was more that Mick decided early on that he thought Mings gave us more despite Parr's steadiness, experience, wages or anything else. It's not a one-off either because he quickly came to the same decision with Bishop over players like Tabb, Ambrose and Wordsworth or whoever it was that was around back then.

He's not a manager who plays youth for youth's sake but then again who is? But he doesn't seem a manager who is too caught up with experience either in his team selections and signings. In fact I'd argue that was more Jewell and even Magilton's territory.

The reason we hadn't seen much of Mings was because of Cresswell's excellence though wasn't it?

I understand what you're saying, I just feel that Kenlock could've come in for Knudsen a lot sooner than he has done that's all.

Evans out

Did anyone notice that Kenlock kept his place ahead of Knudsen yesterday? (n/t) on 12:52 - Jan 3 with 983 viewsElderGrizzly

Did anyone notice that Kenlock kept his place ahead of Knudsen yesterday? (n/t) on 12:44 - Jan 3 by itfcjoe

Been plenty of pre-emptive moaning that Mick would drop him

Given Mick's previous approach to reinstating players over the last 4 years, you can't blame them to some degree in expecting that.

Keeping Kenlock in is out of character, but good to see
Did anyone notice that Kenlock kept his place ahead of Knudsen yesterday? (n/t) on 12:54 - Jan 3 with 957 viewsSomethingBlue

Did anyone notice that Kenlock kept his place ahead of Knudsen yesterday? (n/t) on 12:52 - Jan 3 by Reuser_is_God

The reason we hadn't seen much of Mings was because of Cresswell's excellence though wasn't it?

I understand what you're saying, I just feel that Kenlock could've come in for Knudsen a lot sooner than he has done that's all.

If we're deploying our memories properly, it's only a couple of months since people were saying Knudsen had improved a lot this season and was developing into a decent player for this level. Am sure the threads can be located. But he's definitely been below par recently and Kenlock deserved his chance when it came.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Did anyone notice that Kenlock kept his place ahead of Knudsen yesterday? (n/t) on 12:55 - Jan 3 with 931 viewsTractorWood

Did anyone notice that Kenlock kept his place ahead of Knudsen yesterday? (n/t) on 12:26 - Jan 3 by PhilTWTD

I suspect he would have kept his place for the Wigan game had MM not played the attacking line-up he did with Dozzell starting. Think Knudsen is more trusted from a defensive perspective at the moment.

I agree but don't really know why. Thought Kenlock's positioning awareness was much better thank JK yesterday.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2017 12:58]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Did anyone notice that Kenlock kept his place ahead of Knudsen yesterday? (n/t) on 12:56 - Jan 3 with 917 viewshoppy

Did anyone notice that Kenlock kept his place ahead of Knudsen yesterday? (n/t) on 12:48 - Jan 3 by Archer4721

Would a whoosh be too harsh here?

Whoosh away if you like, doesn't bother me either way, but don't need to do so on my behalf, thanks all the same...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Did anyone notice that Kenlock kept his place ahead of Knudsen yesterday? (n/t) on 12:57 - Jan 3 with 909 viewsReuser_is_God

Did anyone notice that Kenlock kept his place ahead of Knudsen yesterday? (n/t) on 12:54 - Jan 3 by SomethingBlue

If we're deploying our memories properly, it's only a couple of months since people were saying Knudsen had improved a lot this season and was developing into a decent player for this level. Am sure the threads can be located. But he's definitely been below par recently and Kenlock deserved his chance when it came.

Hmm, I'm not sure but you may be right. Perhaps they were after his Norwich goal?

He's certainly been poor since his brain fart against Reading although I was impressed with him against Brighton where he kept Knockaert quite.

Mick clearly isn't sure who his best LB is at the minute so hopefully this pushes whoever gets the nod to raise their game so that they stay in the side & prove him right.

Evans out

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024