Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
thoughts 17:24 - Jan 3 with 2337 viewsMJallday

first of all let me stand by the opinion that i believe abuse directed at a personal level towards any of our players manager or board is not warranted, certainly not supported by myself and actually has no place in society generally.

But There seems to be a wave of threads now about how people are speaking out about said performances - and how that it seems to be negatively affecting people
furthermore wihin said threads there in an implication that somehow we as fans are the ones at fault for the mess that ITFC finds ourselves in.

if we're not "allowed" (or more accurately, criticised) to vocalise our opinions - then where does this leave us? is it not a "fact" of football that this is what fans/supports of a club do? and have done for many many decades?

all i know is that being a town fan certainly isnt fun at the moment. its abject and confusing. does anyone else feel like this?

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

thoughts on 17:30 - Jan 3 with 1959 viewsfactual_blue

SUYQ

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Given that we haven't lost.... on 17:31 - Jan 3 with 1956 viewsBloots

....two games in a row all season I don't think you can say it's "abject" at all.

Obviously the fact that we haven't won two in a row either shows that we have been incredibly inconsistent and at times very dull and uninspiring.

I'd suggest that the issue is really about whether the level of hysteria and abuse is merited by our current league position.

We've been a lot worse in the relatively recent past, but I don't think even under #jewellout any players have been scapegoated as much as the obvious few have been recently.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

thoughts on 17:38 - Jan 3 with 1954 viewstextbackup

It's the worse I've known it as a town fan, I know old blue stu will pop up to tell me in 1934 it was worse but that doesn't make it any better for me now.

I've gone from not agreeing with what MM is doing here, to hating him (yes I supported him previously, and did so pretty well because I loved the feeling of winning again) but for too long now it's been too sht. The football, the comments, the consistently playing poor footballers just to prove a point.

Add to that the posters on here who seem completely blind to it all, it's unbelievable that it's taken this long to turn nasty, 15-18 months of terrible football is all I see, Saturday proved that even when he might dare to change he panics and gets the old boys back on the pitch, Douglas is awful, no two ways about it, he adds nothing to our team.

I hate being an ipswich fan at the moment, it affects me personally, I can't help but have it in my mind even when I should be doing other things. Sad that might sound but I didn't sign up to half heartedly support the club, it has my all.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

thoughts on 17:40 - Jan 3 with 1925 viewstaximan

thoughts on 17:38 - Jan 3 by textbackup

It's the worse I've known it as a town fan, I know old blue stu will pop up to tell me in 1934 it was worse but that doesn't make it any better for me now.

I've gone from not agreeing with what MM is doing here, to hating him (yes I supported him previously, and did so pretty well because I loved the feeling of winning again) but for too long now it's been too sht. The football, the comments, the consistently playing poor footballers just to prove a point.

Add to that the posters on here who seem completely blind to it all, it's unbelievable that it's taken this long to turn nasty, 15-18 months of terrible football is all I see, Saturday proved that even when he might dare to change he panics and gets the old boys back on the pitch, Douglas is awful, no two ways about it, he adds nothing to our team.

I hate being an ipswich fan at the moment, it affects me personally, I can't help but have it in my mind even when I should be doing other things. Sad that might sound but I didn't sign up to half heartedly support the club, it has my all.

stay away

the sh1tness has much less impact on your everyday life
thoughts on 17:41 - Jan 3 with 1918 viewsJakeITFC

It's not even as bad as five or six years ago.
thoughts on 17:42 - Jan 3 with 1904 viewsBenters

thoughts on 17:40 - Jan 3 by taximan

stay away

Can i boo that ?

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

You're younger than I thought Texters..... on 17:42 - Jan 3 with 1900 viewsBloots

....if it's the worst you've known as a town fan, I think that makes you between 10 and 15 years old.

Unless of course you've only supported us for the last 4 years.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

thoughts on 17:43 - Jan 3 with 1894 viewstextbackup

thoughts on 17:41 - Jan 3 by JakeITFC

It's not even as bad as five or six years ago.

You forgot to include 'in my opinion'

Login to get fewer ads

thoughts on 17:43 - Jan 3 with 1886 viewstaximan

thoughts on 17:42 - Jan 3 by Benters

Can i boo that ?

of course

its a forum

we all have opinions
thoughts on 17:44 - Jan 3 with 1879 viewstextbackup

thoughts on 17:40 - Jan 3 by taximan

stay away

I don't want to, regardless of the owner the MD the dippy fans or the manager, I still want to be there

thoughts on 17:44 - Jan 3 with 1873 viewsJakeITFC

thoughts on 17:43 - Jan 3 by textbackup

I'm not sure that it's strayed too much into opinion there, but I take your point.

I think the relatively good times of early Mick have clouded how bad the Keane and Jewell eras were.
thoughts on 17:47 - Jan 3 with 1838 viewstaximan

thoughts on 17:44 - Jan 3 by textbackup

I don't want to, regardless of the owner the MD the dippy fans or the manager, I still want to be there

fair play

drink more pre match
thoughts on 17:47 - Jan 3 with 1847 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Your last point about it having your all is one I feel is a good one. Same with me.

And you make some good points. Douglas should not be anywhere near our side. Mick is far too stubborn.

But it frustrates me when you say that people who still support him 'are blind to it all'. For me it's simply a case of seeing the bigger picture. The bigger issue is that we still won't spend money with this owner. And if mick goes, we need someone who's not just equally as good but someone who is BETTER than mick at finding cheap players.

The financial constraints leave us with such a minor possibility of making the top 6. That interview with mick the other day about us having no chance competing if scum and Derby firm up their interest in him says it all. He said that frustrates him. It frustrates me. It frustrates everyone.

I think the league has got too expensive for Evans and unless he has one last go at throwing some money at it to give us a chance with a manager he likes, he may as well sell.

There is not a manager in the world that would get us promoted on this budget.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

thoughts on 17:50 - Jan 3 with 1815 viewsBenters

thoughts on 17:47 - Jan 3 by taximan

fair play

drink more pre match

This

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

thoughts on 17:53 - Jan 3 with 1797 viewsDarth_Koont

thoughts on 17:43 - Jan 3 by textbackup

Well, of course it's about feelings and perceptions and you may well feel this is the worst.

I don't think you can objectively compare the state of the club now with the state we were in when we had a nice manager floundering along with an expensive and aging squad at the rock bottom of the division. On almost every measurable we're better in comparison.

I'd even say that we have a squad with better potential than at any time during Evans's time here. Potential wins F all of course but there is a plan and there is some hope.

The only hope at the end with Jewell was that a new manager would come in and change almost everything.

Pronouns: He/Him

thoughts on 17:56 - Jan 3 with 1779 viewsoldbluestu

But that's the trouble so much of the opinion is actually abuse at the personal level.

Booing a Town player coming on as a sub I see as personal abuse at the player
It's like someone arriving for their job and other people standing there booing them/telling them to F off.
thoughts on 17:57 - Jan 3 with 1765 viewstaximan

thoughts on 17:56 - Jan 3 by oldbluestu

But that's the trouble so much of the opinion is actually abuse at the personal level.

Booing a Town player coming on as a sub I see as personal abuse at the player
It's like someone arriving for their job and other people standing there booing them/telling them to F off.

buy the club

or something
thoughts on 18:14 - Jan 3 with 1701 viewsoldbluestu

My point is as a Town fan we've always had bad and good times and if I look at the whole period I've been a Town fan the total of 'bad years' far outweigh the 'good years'.

I also don't get the 'we deserve better' and then see the morons booing a Town player coming on as a sub. Yes I know you'll moan times have changed in football but Douglas does try and as a Town fan I believe you should give that respect. If you're going to boo in that situation then your are getting what you deserve
But maybe it's the world we live in where people don't show respect but get upset if you don't show them respect.

I also get annoyed people put everything down to ME's fault when clearly we wouldn't be here if it wasn't for Burley/Sheepshanks c0ck-ups. However both are excused blame by many because they couldn't foresee the ITV deal changing but ME is blame for not foreseeing the Prem would suddenly start giving out £60m parachute payments

P.S stop hating, it will make you ill
thoughts on 18:16 - Jan 3 with 1694 viewsWoodsFriesRice

I think one of the biggest problems is that many of us just feel nothing at all. So much of our passion and love for the club has been eroded over the past years.

Poll: Which of these players (in their prime) would most help our present team?

thoughts on 18:21 - Jan 3 with 1659 viewstaximan

thoughts on 18:16 - Jan 3 by WoodsFriesRice

I think one of the biggest problems is that many of us just feel nothing at all. So much of our passion and love for the club has been eroded over the past years.

we were given that little bit of hope in 2015

but unfortunately nothing was done to build upon that hope

the championship is getting richer year after year with the parachute money many clubs are now getting

we are stuck in nothingness
thoughts on 18:27 - Jan 3 with 1619 viewstextbackup

thoughts on 17:47 - Jan 3 by taximan

fair play

drink more pre match

Home games have changed for me, shift work and kids means for most home games I'm getting to ground for kick off then home straight after, not had a home game drink for months

thoughts on 18:41 - Jan 3 with 1570 viewsblueislander

thoughts on 17:47 - Jan 3 by The_Romford_Blue

Your last point about it having your all is one I feel is a good one. Same with me.

And you make some good points. Douglas should not be anywhere near our side. Mick is far too stubborn.

But it frustrates me when you say that people who still support him 'are blind to it all'. For me it's simply a case of seeing the bigger picture. The bigger issue is that we still won't spend money with this owner. And if mick goes, we need someone who's not just equally as good but someone who is BETTER than mick at finding cheap players.

The financial constraints leave us with such a minor possibility of making the top 6. That interview with mick the other day about us having no chance competing if scum and Derby firm up their interest in him says it all. He said that frustrates him. It frustrates me. It frustrates everyone.

I think the league has got too expensive for Evans and unless he has one last go at throwing some money at it to give us a chance with a manager he likes, he may as well sell.

You state we beed someone better than Mick at finding cheap players, but I think that misses the point. We do have players that could greatly increase the entertainment currently to be had watching the team, if not the results immediately. I think that the majority of the fans' frustration stems from this.
thoughts on 18:42 - Jan 3 with 1564 viewstextbackup

thoughts on 17:47 - Jan 3 by The_Romford_Blue

Ur last line, even if that were true (which I don't think it is) then we still shouldn't settle for such poor weekly proformances. Last season I watched one home game that I enjoyed, this season another 1... I'm just not ok to accept that. Personally

thoughts on 18:51 - Jan 3 with 1520 viewsEdmunds5

Yeah I do and have done for a while but I haven't posted too much, maybe down to the fact that if you want Mick to leave at this point you're viewed as a 'hater' even if you have honest reasoning. You can actually think Micks time is up without hating him, that is possible.

La la la Sixto Peralta
Poll: Transfer deadline day or Christmas?
Blog: A Representation Of Stability

thoughts on 19:21 - Jan 3 with 1449 viewspatrickswell

thoughts on 18:14 - Jan 3 by oldbluestu

My point is as a Town fan we've always had bad and good times and if I look at the whole period I've been a Town fan the total of 'bad years' far outweigh the 'good years'.

I also don't get the 'we deserve better' and then see the morons booing a Town player coming on as a sub. Yes I know you'll moan times have changed in football but Douglas does try and as a Town fan I believe you should give that respect. If you're going to boo in that situation then your are getting what you deserve
But maybe it's the world we live in where people don't show respect but get upset if you don't show them respect.

I also get annoyed people put everything down to ME's fault when clearly we wouldn't be here if it wasn't for Burley/Sheepshanks c0ck-ups. However both are excused blame by many because they couldn't foresee the ITV deal changing but ME is blame for not foreseeing the Prem would suddenly start giving out £60m parachute payments

P.S stop hating, it will make you ill

But he's to blame for keeping the chequebook closed when Mick's had us in the top 6 for the last 3 Januarys, after giving Keane and Jewell plenty to spend.

The 5 point plan is more desperate BS from a charlatan who's trying to bluff the fact he's done sod all when we've had a chance in the last couple of years, and who is getting panicky now that the fans are starting to lose patience.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024