Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Birmingham... 15:21 - Jan 4 with 3136 viewsitfcjoe

1 point in 4 games since they sacked Rowett, dropped from being outside the play offs on GD to 13th and 7 points away from them.

This is what I fear would happen if Mick went - we have a squad in his mould and I just don't see someone coming in and hitting the ground running and pushing us up the table playing sexy football.

Birmingham look to be wasting a season where they had a good shot of the play offs, will they come back stronger next year? Who knows - but I can see why Evans sticks with stability rather than taking a risk.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Birmingham... on 15:30 - Jan 4 with 2591 viewsStokieBlue

All good points.

However they also bid 4m for a player today didn't they so they might soon have Zola's players that he wants.

In that case maybe they made the change early enough?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Birmingham... on 15:31 - Jan 4 with 2583 viewstextbackup

MM goes, we get Rowett, everyone's happy

But aside from that we are hardly the same as brum, not in top half, not stringing together results. So would we even notice a bad run?
[Post edited 4 Jan 2017 15:33]

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Birmingham... on 15:32 - Jan 4 with 2571 viewsDoobDude

Yeah we could finish 13th, why risk it and end up finishing 18th.

We are not risking anything by changing manager now, in fact it would be beneficial to give the new manager longer to see who he needed to ship out and where he needed to strengthen.

And Evans sticks with stability because he is to tight to sack the current incumbent.

What... is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow? What do you mean? An African or European swallow? Huh? I... I don't know that ... Auuuuuuuugh.
Poll: Whi is getting sold to fund the Webster Signing

Birmingham... on 15:33 - Jan 4 with 2561 viewsitfcjoe

Birmingham... on 15:30 - Jan 4 by StokieBlue

All good points.

However they also bid 4m for a player today didn't they so they might soon have Zola's players that he wants.

SB

I think it's a difficult balance to strike when you've got a squad on a low wage bill for the division to bring in a few stars on big money - can't be an easy situation to manage with big discrepancies between pay....so whole squad ends up having to be turned over.

Guess it is a case of how prepared the owners are to do this.

There was an interesting bit about the PL from Bob Bradley today in the Times

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/sport/trust-me-not-one-player-called-me-ronald

Birmingham... on 15:45 - Jan 4 with 2497 viewsReuser_is_God

Whilst that is all true it's worth noting that Brum were on the up when they sacked Rowett & we're declining under Mick.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Birmingham... on 15:46 - Jan 4 with 2471 viewsRadlett_blue

Birmingham... on 15:30 - Jan 4 by StokieBlue

All good points.

SB

Zola has a pretty poor record of signing players. Notably Savio Nsereko, whom he bought for West Ham from Brescia, despite having never seen him play, for £9m. He hardly played & was soon sold on to Fiorentina at a huge loss. Turned out West Ham's sporting director was the son of Brescia's owner!

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Birmingham... on 15:50 - Jan 4 with 2428 viewsTheBlueBarca

I am sorry but if this run continues the manager has got to go, Brum is a basket case like Leeds and not comparible to Ipswich in that sense.

The QPR game showed us that the manager is no longer with it, I actually like the guy and wish he would turn it around but he will not now, he's done. We have to accept this and move on, it's been 4 years now.

Everyone on this forum is always wrong.
Poll: Should Tommy Smith be awarded a Testimonial at Ipswich?

Birmingham... on 16:01 - Jan 4 with 2380 viewsitfcjoe

Birmingham... on 15:45 - Jan 4 by Reuser_is_God

Whilst that is all true it's worth noting that Brum were on the up when they sacked Rowett & we're declining under Mick.

And they were still having similar criticisms of the manager......

I don't see Mick turning it round here, but think getting rid before we are (all but) guaranteed to stay up would be a mistake.

Login to get fewer ads

Birmingham... on 16:03 - Jan 4 with 2365 viewsReuser_is_God

Birmingham... on 16:01 - Jan 4 by itfcjoe

I don't see Mick turning it round here, but think getting rid before we are (all but) guaranteed to stay up would be a mistake.

Agree, I just don't think the 2 sackings would be comparable (if we were to sack Mick).

Evans out

Birmingham... on 16:04 - Jan 4 with 2362 viewsitfcjoe

Birmingham... on 16:03 - Jan 4 by Reuser_is_God

Agree, I just don't think the 2 sackings would be comparable (if we were to sack Mick).

Whilst the sackings might not be, what happens after easily could be

Birmingham... on 16:04 - Jan 4 with 2360 viewsITFCBlues

That philosophy worked ok for watford

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Birmingham... on 16:05 - Jan 4 with 2350 viewshype313

Birmingham... on 16:01 - Jan 4 by itfcjoe

Fortune favours the brave, Everyone seems so scared about what might happen if Mick left , which means we all bimble along thankful that he saved us 4 years ago.

Otherwise known as treading water.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Birmingham... on 16:07 - Jan 4 with 2339 viewshype313

Surprisingly apathetic post from you Joe..

Birmingham... on 16:08 - Jan 4 with 2336 viewsSWGF

Evans is well within his rights to stick with stability rather than taking a risk, however needs to understand the knock-on effect of the potential that his ST and matchday revenue will fall off a cliff.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Birmingham... on 16:09 - Jan 4 with 2327 viewsSteve_M

Birmingham... on 16:05 - Jan 4 by hype313

Fortune favours the brave, Everyone seems so scared about what might happen if Mick left , which means we all bimble along thankful that he saved us 4 years ago.

Otherwise known as treading water.

Until the end of the season. If people really want to see a bit of a change in direction, on the pitch at least, at the club then surely we are best appointing a new manager when there is a bit more time to consider it.

Replacing Mick now will mean we get much more of the same approach with the main priority of still being in the division in August. Treading water is preferable to sinking.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Birmingham... on 16:13 - Jan 4 with 2295 viewshype313

Birmingham... on 16:09 - Jan 4 by Steve_M

Until the end of the season. If people really want to see a bit of a change in direction, on the pitch at least, at the club then surely we are best appointing a new manager when there is a bit more time to consider it.

Replacing Mick now will mean we get much more of the same approach with the main priority of still being in the division in August. Treading water is preferable to sinking.

But why does everyone think that if Mick were to go we would sink? Who's to say someone wouldn't come in with fresh ideas, a few fresh faces that gives us a real lift towards PO?

I like Mick, thankful for steadying the ship, but for me he is past his sell by date. The whole place has become so toxic with fans turning on the Owner, the manager and now players, and continuing like this will only alienate more fans that might have purchased a ST next year.

Birmingham... on 16:14 - Jan 4 with 2292 viewsReuser_is_God

Birmingham... on 16:09 - Jan 4 by Steve_M

Agreed.

Although how many more supporters can Evans afford to lose? From a footballing POV you keep Mick until the summer but could the stay aways, non renewals & unrest make Evans act sooner?

I don't know the answer to that question but that may come into his thinking.

Evans out

Birmingham... on 16:15 - Jan 4 with 2282 viewswkj

I don't think MM will be going anywhere until the end of the season at the earliest - I would have thought if sacking MM was on the mind of Evans he'd have done so before the transfer window opened.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Birmingham... on 16:17 - Jan 4 with 2268 viewshype313

Birmingham... on 16:15 - Jan 4 by wkj

I don't think MM will be going anywhere until the end of the season at the earliest - I would have thought if sacking MM was on the mind of Evans he'd have done so before the transfer window opened.

He's clearly not going to sack him, we will only find out if that was the right or wrong decision come the end of the season.

Birmingham... on 16:20 - Jan 4 with 2246 viewsSwansea_Blue

Birmingham... on 15:33 - Jan 4 by itfcjoe

I think it's a difficult balance to strike when you've got a squad on a low wage bill for the division to bring in a few stars on big money - can't be an easy situation to manage with big discrepancies between pay....so whole squad ends up having to be turned over.

Guess it is a case of how prepared the owners are to do this.

There was an interesting bit about the PL from Bob Bradley today in the Times

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/sport/trust-me-not-one-player-called-me-ronald

I wouldn't listen to too much he says. Swansea were battling together before he came and miraculously managed to fight for each other after he left. I just don't think he commanded respect. He was nothing but hot air and excuses - made MM look like the love child of Brian Clough and SAF.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Birmingham... on 16:28 - Jan 4 with 2222 viewsSteve_M

Birmingham... on 16:13 - Jan 4 by hype313

But why does everyone think that if Mick were to go we would sink? Who's to say someone wouldn't come in with fresh ideas, a few fresh faces that gives us a real lift towards PO?

I like Mick, thankful for steadying the ship, but for me he is past his sell by date. The whole place has become so toxic with fans turning on the Owner, the manager and now players, and continuing like this will only alienate more fans that might have purchased a ST next year.

Because we aren't awful, we are inconsistent and picking up wins regularly enough to keep us comfortably away from the bottom of the table. We're also now looking to address our transfer market failings front he end of August now.

Changing the manager now only means we mess up the transfer window again, and then someone else has to make the best of Mick's squad. It might be brilliant, but it's a big gamble just to freshen things up because fans are bored.

Can you also trust Evans' judgement in who he appoints? The same is true in the Summer but he might be more willing to take more of a gamble then.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Birmingham... on 16:35 - Jan 4 with 2183 viewsitfcjoe

Birmingham... on 16:07 - Jan 4 by hype313

Surprisingly apathetic post from you Joe..

I just don't see where the club goes from here, under this owner and manager.

I wouldn't be particularly adverse to a change, but would like it when we are in a slightly stronger position (i.e. no real chance of going down) so we can make a proper change, so it isn't a panic appointment, so a new guy gets a chance to get his feet under table, so we don't end up in the same position a couple of further years.

Birmingham... on 16:36 - Jan 4 with 2162 viewsMach_foreignBlue

New manager may not be killing our attacking impact and going for a point in the last 20 minutes.
Birmingham... on 16:39 - Jan 4 with 2145 viewsitfcjoe

Birmingham... on 16:08 - Jan 4 by SWGF

Evans is well within his rights to stick with stability rather than taking a risk, however needs to understand the knock-on effect of the potential that his ST and matchday revenue will fall off a cliff.

I wonder how much it will actually drop by - but think dropping attendances are an inevitablilty anyway if we aren't going to compete finanically with half the division.

Birmingham... on 16:47 - Jan 4 with 2087 viewsSWGF

Birmingham... on 16:39 - Jan 4 by itfcjoe

I wonder how much it will actually drop by - but think dropping attendances are an inevitablilty anyway if we aren't going to compete finanically with half the division.

11,000 for Bristol City isn't great. Less than 4,000 home fans for Lincoln? Not great signs.

Intrigued to see how they play the ST renewals.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024