Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Harry Redknapp on Frank Lampard 10:41 - Jan 6 with 3951 viewsitfcjoe

Gets it pretty spot on, what sort of fan lambasts a young player when he is fronting up at a Q&A or whatever it is too?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Harry Redknapp on Frank Lampard on 10:45 - Jan 6 with 3904 viewsHeathlander

How wrong he was to let Matty Holland go and keep Frank Lampard.
Harry Redknapp on Frank Lampard on 10:47 - Jan 6 with 3885 viewsitfcjoe

Harry Redknapp on Frank Lampard on 10:45 - Jan 6 by Heathlander

I think they are mostly talking about Scott Cannon, but yep Holland's release worked out for all parties really

Harry Redknapp on Frank Lampard on 10:50 - Jan 6 with 3848 viewsHeathlander

Harry Redknapp on Frank Lampard on 10:47 - Jan 6 by itfcjoe

I think they are mostly talking about Scott Cannon, but yep Holland's release worked out for all parties really

I know was being cheeky. Scott Cannon who?

Not many managers get it wrong with letting people go. Only a few come back t haunt them. Rhodes is possibly the only one from Ipswich. Who else have we let go who has gone on to bigger and better things? Not talking about trials like Gazza or Guillet but players released.
Harry Redknapp on Frank Lampard on 11:10 - Jan 6 with 3780 viewsgeedee23

Harry Redknapp on Frank Lampard on 10:50 - Jan 6 by Heathlander

Not many managers get it wrong with letting people go. Only a few come back t haunt them. Rhodes is possibly the only one from Ipswich. Who else have we let go who has gone on to bigger and better things? Not talking about trials like Gazza or Guillet but players released.

Hourihane not doing too badly at the moment
Harry Redknapp on Frank Lampard on 11:16 - Jan 6 with 3755 viewsBluebell

Harry Redknapp on Frank Lampard on 10:45 - Jan 6 by Heathlander

Frank Lampard is Harry's nephew so perhaps family comes first.
Harry Redknapp on Frank Lampard on 11:22 - Jan 6 with 3732 viewsitfcjoe

Harry Redknapp on Frank Lampard on 11:10 - Jan 6 by geedee23

I never really saw a lot of him here - he was on the bench for the first team a few times (including the Arsenal Semi Final) but was bombed out by Jewell

Harry Redknapp on Frank Lampard on 11:28 - Jan 6 with 3703 viewsgeedee23

Harry Redknapp on Frank Lampard on 11:22 - Jan 6 by itfcjoe

I never really saw a lot of him here - he was on the bench for the first team a few times (including the Arsenal Semi Final) but was bombed out by Jewell

I think it suited all parties for him to go- it's just he is probably what we need now- but don't think many people would have seen his emergence into the player he is now.
Delaney and Macaulay didn't exactly ride off into the wilderness either.
Harry Redknapp on Frank Lampard on 11:35 - Jan 6 with 3653 viewsitfcjoe

Harry Redknapp on Frank Lampard on 11:28 - Jan 6 by geedee23

I think it suited all parties for him to go- it's just he is probably what we need now- but don't think many people would have seen his emergence into the player he is now.
Delaney and Macaulay didn't exactly ride off into the wilderness either.

A lot of times a player needs to be released to make a career - without the release they wouldn't go on to anything in many cases

Login to get fewer ads

Harry Redknapp on Frank Lampard on 11:38 - Jan 6 with 3639 viewsITFC_Forever

I can remember Frank Lampard stating in his autobiography there was a young-ish (mid/late teens) that sat behind the home dugout at Upton Park and gave him a dog's abuse every game.

Frank used to visit a shop / bank (I forget where now) regularly at this time and he got chatting to the middle-aged woman behind the counter and she would tell him all about her West Ham mad son and arranged with Frank that he could meet him. Guess who the West Ham mad son was? The same little scrote who used to abuse him from behind the dugout.
And he gave Frank the full hero-worship treatment in front of his Mum.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Harry Redknapp on Frank Lampard on 12:09 - Jan 6 with 3554 viewsNo9

Talking about his nephew
Harry Redknapp on Frank Lampard on 12:31 - Jan 6 with 3481 viewsthatdamgood89

Do you know what's really interesting...How respectful Redknapp is to he's own fans!! They may be lambasting a young player, they may be 'digging' Redknapp out for the things we often criticize Mick for but even Right to the end ol Arry says I'm not saying you don't know what your talking about respecting the fans opinion.

HOW THAT IS A BREATH OF FRESH AIR!! A Manager that disagrees but is still open and respectful of his fan base without swearing without fluff.

Another thing, while not ideal you could argue that it gave Frank an incredible test of Character something every top player needs in addition to a big chip on their shoulders. Too many times multimillionaires and future multi millionaires and wrapped in cotton wool and made to thing there charlie big balls before they are

Hey :) Please check out my Ipswich Town F.C podcast 'Talk Of The Town' https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPhPy_79sSvPSugh32vN8qg?view_as=subscriber Available every Wednesday on; YouTube Spotify Buzzsrpout Google Podcasts Itune Podcasts

Harry Redknapp on Frank Lampard on 13:14 - Jan 6 with 3366 viewsitfcjoe

Harry Redknapp on Frank Lampard on 12:31 - Jan 6 by thatdamgood89

Do you know what's really interesting...How respectful Redknapp is to he's own fans!! They may be lambasting a young player, they may be 'digging' Redknapp out for the things we often criticize Mick for but even Right to the end ol Arry says I'm not saying you don't know what your talking about respecting the fans opinion.

HOW THAT IS A BREATH OF FRESH AIR!! A Manager that disagrees but is still open and respectful of his fan base without swearing without fluff.

Another thing, while not ideal you could argue that it gave Frank an incredible test of Character something every top player needs in addition to a big chip on their shoulders. Too many times multimillionaires and future multi millionaires and wrapped in cotton wool and made to thing there charlie big balls before they are

In that same situation Mick would be just as respectful to the fans - he's a good bloke.

Harry Redknapp on Frank Lampard on 13:20 - Jan 6 with 3338 viewsThrobbe

Harry Redknapp on Frank Lampard on 11:10 - Jan 6 by geedee23

I was disappointed when we released him. Not so much for any footballing ability he had, I was just hoping to launch the first chant in football history to be based on the Scorpions Rock You Like A Hurricane

CAUTION: Contains hair that some viewers may find distressing

TWTD Cycling Herbert

Harry Redknapp on Frank Lampard on 13:25 - Jan 6 with 3289 viewsTractorchef

Harry Redknapp on Frank Lampard on 13:20 - Jan 6 by Throbbe

I was disappointed when we released him. Not so much for any footballing ability he had, I was just hoping to launch the first chant in football history to be based on the Scorpions Rock You Like A Hurricane

CAUTION: Contains hair that some viewers may find distressing

Was Matthew Upson released or did he just leave of his own accord?
Harry Redknapp on Frank Lampard on 14:07 - Jan 6 with 3227 viewsColchesterBlue1985

The other player he was talking about was Scott canham. Think he was well vindicated on this one Harry.
Harry Redknapp on Frank Lampard on 14:18 - Jan 6 with 3164 viewsSwansea_Blue

Harry Redknapp on Frank Lampard on 10:50 - Jan 6 by Heathlander

There's only one Scotty Cannon....

No idea. I bet Harry loves it when a plan comes together, but I reckon that must have been Scott Cannon's relative in the audience.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024