Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Lincoln game, my view for what it's worth. 02:14 - Jan 8 with 1304 viewsharlingblue

Lincoln City and their supporters can feel very proud of a performance that was worthy of a win. Only two superb pieces of individual brilliance by Lawrence saved our day, with Emmanuel IMO the only other Ipswich player coming out of the game with much credit. Without Skuse to protect them, centre backs Berra and Webster looked very vulnerable, as was the game plan set up by MM, totally outwitted by the young ex Braintree management team. It's nice to still be in the next round draw, but today we looked lightweight, lacked width, movement, confidence and most of all leaders on the pitch.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2017 2:14]
The Lincoln game, my view for what it's worth. on 02:26 - Jan 8 with 1266 viewswkj

I agree and I am glad more and more people are realising how much value skuse actually is, in terms of supporting fellow players. He isn't the most exciting MC, but, certainly doesn't deserve the tarring he gets.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

The Lincoln game, my view for what it's worth. on 03:03 - Jan 8 with 1234 viewstheipswichman

The Lincoln game, my view for what it's worth. on 02:26 - Jan 8 by wkj

I agree and I am glad more and more people are realising how much value skuse actually is, in terms of supporting fellow players. He isn't the most exciting MC, but, certainly doesn't deserve the tarring he gets.

To be honest Berra and Webster have both been pretty poor lately. Both made errors vs qpr and again today, not sure skuse would've been able to stop the goals.
The Lincoln game, my view for what it's worth. on 03:41 - Jan 8 with 1197 viewswkj

The Lincoln game, my view for what it's worth. on 03:03 - Jan 8 by theipswichman

To be honest Berra and Webster have both been pretty poor lately. Both made errors vs qpr and again today, not sure skuse would've been able to stop the goals.

Maybe so, but i think we would have won with his stability and allowing Dozzell to play riskier passes and moves. I don't like to bash Skuse, douglas on the other hand? He is well past it in my view

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

The Lincoln game, my view for what it's worth. on 08:49 - Jan 8 with 1031 viewsNo9

Er, Skuse's 'protection' of the Two DB's has become a sick joke he isn't quick enough or good enough - games at PR against Cardiff & Fulham demostrated that.
Berra has been making a lot of mistakes for a long while now & it has affected the performances of others. Webster has shown that, under pressure he too makes far too many errors - yes, with Skuse in 'support'
The Lincoln game, my view for what it's worth. on 08:51 - Jan 8 with 1015 viewssolemio

The Lincoln game, my view for what it's worth. on 08:49 - Jan 8 by No9

Er, Skuse's 'protection' of the Two DB's has become a sick joke he isn't quick enough or good enough - games at PR against Cardiff & Fulham demostrated that.
Berra has been making a lot of mistakes for a long while now & it has affected the performances of others. Webster has shown that, under pressure he too makes far too many errors - yes, with Skuse in 'support'

Given your normal positivity I'm now really concerned.
The Lincoln game, my view for what it's worth. on 09:03 - Jan 8 with 966 viewssparks

The Lincoln game, my view for what it's worth. on 08:49 - Jan 8 by No9

Webster is likely to be an issue of confidence, given his age and the current situation.

Skuse is good enough so long as we set up solidly and defensively as opposed to in a manner that allows more expansive play. Which is basically the issue with MM generally.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

The Lincoln game, my view for what it's worth. on 09:38 - Jan 8 with 880 viewsVaughan8

The problem is the two centre midfielders were too lightweight. Skuse may have helped a bit but he isn't the saviour some people think.
How Bru gets in the 1st team I will never know. Totally ineffective, weak, wasteful in possession. Much rather Dozzell got a chance instead of him. Looks like he could be a decent player.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024