Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
For those who listened on the radio 09:40 - Jan 8 with 1521 viewsGarv

Did Tommy Smith have much to say? Any good as a pundit/Co commentator?

As for the game we were pretty awful weren't we? What's sad is that it was just beyond inevitable that it would be that way. The body language of the players was basically terrible throughout.

Reminded me of the Rotherham game at home 2-2, rescued by a similar goal by McGoldrick.

Credit to the Imps, thought they and their fans were superb, although i didn't like the lump of a striker. Like Holt he just backed in constantly and when he couldn't hold himself up anymore he fell over and won free kicks. Annoying that a senior referee kept falling for it too!

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

For those who listened on the radio on 09:42 - Jan 8 with 1511 viewsNo9

He sounded much like Mick Mills does - must be the mike cover?

He did give a few insights into what Nick McCarthy might say at half time
So it was OK to good
For those who listened on the radio on 09:43 - Jan 8 with 1489 viewsDolly2.0

I was buying swimming trunks. I can't even listen to Ipswich these days.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

For those who listened on the radio on 09:46 - Jan 8 with 1482 viewsHorst3000

I felt sorry for him actually. As he's employed by the club he couldn't really say anything too critical about the team. So he kept repeating things like "there's still plenty of time to go".

Difficult situation for him to be in
[Post edited 8 Jan 2017 9:55]
For those who listened on the radio on 09:47 - Jan 8 with 1472 viewsColchesterBlue1985

I thought it was a ridiculous situation for a current ITFC player to be co commentator. Large parts of the game where he went silent as he was put in no win position regarding how rubbish we were. All he kept saying was plenty of time left to put it right!!! All I can think is that the club and radio Suffolk thought it was a safe game to put him in to. He was never going to question micks tactics or the players application for example was he!!!
For those who listened on the radio on 09:48 - Jan 8 with 1443 viewsColchesterBlue1985

For those who listened on the radio on 09:46 - Jan 8 by Horst3000

I felt sorry for him actually. As he's employed by the club he couldn't really say anything too critical about the team. So he kept repeating things like "there's still plenty of time to go".

Haha ditto
For those who listened on the radio on 09:49 - Jan 8 with 1432 viewsTractorWood

For those who listened on the radio on 09:46 - Jan 8 by Horst3000

Spot on, clearly a lovely guy with a great attitude. He definitely knows how to play the game after some years under MM. PR friendly tweet below is testament to that. 'We go again' really annoys me though.

[Post edited 8 Jan 2017 9:51]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

For those who listened on the radio on 09:54 - Jan 8 with 1360 viewsDolly2.0

For those who listened on the radio on 09:49 - Jan 8 by TractorWood

Spot on, clearly a lovely guy with a great attitude. He definitely knows how to play the game after some years under MM. PR friendly tweet below is testament to that. 'We go again' really annoys me though.

[Post edited 8 Jan 2017 9:51]

Yeah I hate "we go again". Such a pointless phrase.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

For those who listened on the radio on 10:32 - Jan 8 with 1186 viewsSitfcB

For those who listened on the radio on 09:42 - Jan 8 by No9

He sounded much like Mick Mills does - must be the mike cover?

He did give a few insights into what Nick McCarthy might say at half time
So it was OK to good

So Mick has gone then?! Woooo.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Login to get fewer ads

For those who listened on the radio on 10:33 - Jan 8 with 1184 viewsjas0999

I didn't listen to much, but what I did hear was cringeworthy. He was put in a very difficult position as he couldn't really slag his team mates off. I think he was embarrassed. Much like the supporters.
For those who listened on the radio on 10:40 - Jan 8 with 1145 viewsBorisOrTrevor

For those who listened on the radio on 10:33 - Jan 8 by jas0999

I didn't listen to much, but what I did hear was cringeworthy. He was put in a very difficult position as he couldn't really slag his team mates off. I think he was embarrassed. Much like the supporters.

Wasn't cringeworthy at all, he did well in the circumstances. Was an odd choice for him to be on at all, but he came across as lucid and as I said on another thread I can see him being an excellent pic for captain as I personally don't rate Chambers as a player/leader. He doesn't do enough on the pitch to lead by example whereas I think Tommy has a certain Tony Adams air if he is managed properly.

BOT

For those who listened on the radio on 11:11 - Jan 8 with 1030 viewsBluebell

For those who listened on the radio on 09:54 - Jan 8 by Dolly2.0

Yeah I hate "we go again". Such a pointless phrase.

Me too.

Anyone with half a brain would guess what Tommy was saying is that they have the play off to redeem themselves.
For those who listened on the radio on 13:10 - Jan 8 with 892 viewsjas0999

For those who listened on the radio on 10:40 - Jan 8 by BorisOrTrevor

Wasn't cringeworthy at all, he did well in the circumstances. Was an odd choice for him to be on at all, but he came across as lucid and as I said on another thread I can see him being an excellent pic for captain as I personally don't rate Chambers as a player/leader. He doesn't do enough on the pitch to lead by example whereas I think Tommy has a certain Tony Adams air if he is managed properly.

I agree. By cringeworthy I mean I found it cringeworthy because I felt very sorry for him. He did a good job in embarrassing circumstances. He was in a difficult position.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024