Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A number of fans now saying they won't renew if Mick is here next season..... 08:43 - Jan 9 with 1135 viewsitfcjoe

....no matter what he does between now and May.

And then criticise McCarthy for being stubborn in the same breath.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

A number of fans now saying they won't renew if Mick is here next season..... on 08:52 - Jan 9 with 1086 viewsRegencyBlue

I have to be honest here and say it will have to be one hell of a turnaround to make me renew again if MM is still here next season and Evans maintains his current policies.

I've been a fan for more years than I care to remember but completely disillusioned with the regime on and off the pitch now.
A number of fans now saying they won't renew if Mick is here next season..... on 08:58 - Jan 9 with 1052 viewsReuser_is_God

They don't actually mean that though do they? You know full well they'll renew if Mick leaves & we get someone else in.

Either that or the problem they have is actually with Evans.

As you tweeted yesterday, the whole debate is getting really boring.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2017 8:58]

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

A number of fans now saying they won't renew if Mick is here next season..... on 09:00 - Jan 9 with 1014 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

A number of fans now saying they won't renew if Mick is here next season..... on 08:58 - Jan 9 by Reuser_is_God

They don't actually mean that though do they? You know full well they'll renew if Mick leaves & we get someone else in.

Either that or the problem they have is actually with Evans.

As you tweeted yesterday, the whole debate is getting really boring.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2017 8:58]

Well yeah, if we get someone else in they will, that's what they're saying...

But we all also know if we do well between now and the end of the season, and miraculously challenge for the playoffs, that season ticket numbers will probably wind up being higher than this year (and no, I don't think this will actually happen before anyone starts!)

Agree fully with your last para - if there's one reason I want Mick to go it's to make this forum actually be readable again!

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

A number of fans now saying they won't renew if Mick is here next season..... on 09:03 - Jan 9 with 989 viewsCambonbleu

MM's said he isn't going anywhere

Marcus Evans said the same in his programme interview 10 days ago

People can choose to vote (at the end of the season) with their feet and possibly some will, but the debate is getting boring and the problem is debating it isn't going to change anything. Nothing is going to happen - if we as a collective of fans want the club to do well then we have to get behind the players. The club can't even be remotely successful in the current atmosphere. Like it or lump it, we have to suck it up and get on with it

Poll: How many Season Ticket holders will ITFC have next season?
Blog: Why All the Positivity?

A number of fans now saying they won't renew if Mick is here next season..... on 09:11 - Jan 9 with 941 viewsitfcjoe

A number of fans now saying they won't renew if Mick is here next season..... on 09:00 - Jan 9 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Well yeah, if we get someone else in they will, that's what they're saying...

But we all also know if we do well between now and the end of the season, and miraculously challenge for the playoffs, that season ticket numbers will probably wind up being higher than this year (and no, I don't think this will actually happen before anyone starts!)

Agree fully with your last para - if there's one reason I want Mick to go it's to make this forum actually be readable again!

Lots was saying there will be more Lincoln than ITFC on Saturday as they'd sold 5k - in the end there were 11k Ipswich and that wasn't a dodgy count of STs not there!

It's a habit for people, they'll always give it one more year - because not going punishes yourself. We'll lose a load this year, but will probably be less than 1000.

A number of fans now saying they won't renew if Mick is here next season..... on 09:29 - Jan 9 with 869 viewsSchancheITFC

I've been a season ticket for over 20 years now, if things don't change drastically that's it for me. I'll play golf again instead.
A number of fans now saying they won't renew if Mick is here next season..... on 09:34 - Jan 9 with 833 viewsKeaneish

A number of fans now saying they won't renew if Mick is here next season..... on 09:11 - Jan 9 by itfcjoe

Lots was saying there will be more Lincoln than ITFC on Saturday as they'd sold 5k - in the end there were 11k Ipswich and that wasn't a dodgy count of STs not there!

It's a habit for people, they'll always give it one more year - because not going punishes yourself. We'll lose a load this year, but will probably be less than 1000.

There used be 10 or 12 of my family members go to games, many season ticket holders. Over the last ten years the game has either got too expensive for them or the football not been anywhere near the standard they want. Some have been going religiously since the 60s. I'm the last one left. I'm sure this isn't an isolated case.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

A number of fans now saying they won't renew if Mick is here next season..... on 09:36 - Jan 9 with 814 viewsitfcjoe

A number of fans now saying they won't renew if Mick is here next season..... on 09:34 - Jan 9 by Keaneish

There used be 10 or 12 of my family members go to games, many season ticket holders. Over the last ten years the game has either got too expensive for them or the football not been anywhere near the standard they want. Some have been going religiously since the 60s. I'm the last one left. I'm sure this isn't an isolated case.

I don't disagree with that, people grow out of it - but just don't think there will be that massive falling off a cliff between this season and next.

Login to get fewer ads

A number of fans now saying they won't renew if Mick is here next season..... on 09:37 - Jan 9 with 797 viewschicoazul

A number of fans now saying they won't renew if Mick is here next season..... on 08:52 - Jan 9 by RegencyBlue

I have to be honest here and say it will have to be one hell of a turnaround to make me renew again if MM is still here next season and Evans maintains his current policies.

I've been a fan for more years than I care to remember but completely disillusioned with the regime on and off the pitch now.

What policies? You mean the one of always supporting the Manager and letting him have the ultimate say on all transfers and floating the club 7m a year, or some other ones?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

A number of fans now saying they won't renew if Mick is here next season..... on 09:43 - Jan 9 with 746 viewsNeverTellMeTheOdds

A number of fans now saying they won't renew if Mick is here next season..... on 09:11 - Jan 9 by itfcjoe

I imagine the £10 tickets probably had something to do with the attendance on Saturday-this weekends game against Blackburn will be a true reflection of where our attendance is right now!.

As for renewing, me & my other half are in the camp that if Mick is still here in the summer that we definitely wont be renewing for next season, its a lot of money for the dross that continues to be played week in, week out under Mick. I cant see Mick lasting the season though so hopefully it wont come to that, but I know many others that are the same so I fully expect season ticket sales to be down yet again in the summer if Mick is still here. The next two games are massive though, anything other than 2 wins against Blackburn and Lincoln and I think that will be the end of Mick anyway.

Poll: Will the new season ticket prices make you renew for the 2017/2018 season?

A number of fans now saying they won't renew if Mick is here next season..... on 09:47 - Jan 9 with 730 viewsRegencyBlue

A number of fans now saying they won't renew if Mick is here next season..... on 09:37 - Jan 9 by chicoazul

What policies? You mean the one of always supporting the Manager and letting him have the ultimate say on all transfers and floating the club 7m a year, or some other ones?

Yeah those ones.

The ones which have worked so well for the last ten years or so!!
A number of fans now saying they won't renew if Mick is here next season..... on 09:51 - Jan 9 with 692 viewschicoazul

A number of fans now saying they won't renew if Mick is here next season..... on 09:47 - Jan 9 by RegencyBlue

Yeah those ones.

The ones which have worked so well for the last ten years or so!!

He made 3 or 4 disastrous decisions early in his reign but since he landed Mick I think he has proven to be a very good owner. Alright it might be time for Mick to go, thats one thing, but Evans has given Mick total carte blanche on transfer in and out, is now giving him some money to work with, he is obviously very clear with Mick on what the constraints and budget are, he is invisible in the press, and to say nothing of how he funds the club 7m a year or whatever it is.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

A number of fans now saying they won't renew if Mick is here next season..... on 09:53 - Jan 9 with 675 viewsSteve_M

A number of fans now saying they won't renew if Mick is here next season..... on 09:51 - Jan 9 by chicoazul

He made 3 or 4 disastrous decisions early in his reign but since he landed Mick I think he has proven to be a very good owner. Alright it might be time for Mick to go, thats one thing, but Evans has given Mick total carte blanche on transfer in and out, is now giving him some money to work with, he is obviously very clear with Mick on what the constraints and budget are, he is invisible in the press, and to say nothing of how he funds the club 7m a year or whatever it is.

The alternate interpretation is that McCarthy's better spells of form are the only things in nine years of ME to make the club look functional and effective.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

(No subject) (n/t) on 09:59 - Jan 9 with 632 viewschicoazul

A number of fans now saying they won't renew if Mick is here next season..... on 09:53 - Jan 9 by Steve_M

The alternate interpretation is that McCarthy's better spells of form are the only things in nine years of ME to make the club look functional and effective.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024