Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tristram Hunt quits 09:45 - Jan 13 with 4778 viewsitfcjoe

To become director of V&A museum, another by election for labour to fight
[Post edited 13 Jan 2017 9:45]

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Tristram Hunt quits on 09:52 - Jan 13 with 2286 viewsSteve_M

Another chance for Corbyn and Milne to embarrass themselves then.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Tristram Hunt quits on 09:57 - Jan 13 with 2266 viewsElderGrizzly

Tristram Hunt quits on 09:52 - Jan 13 by Steve_M

Another chance for Corbyn and Milne to embarrass themselves then.

Only a council election yesterday, but not good for Labour considering it was Sunderland

Tristram Hunt quits on 10:09 - Jan 13 with 2226 viewsvapour_trail

Tristram Hunt quits on 09:57 - Jan 13 by ElderGrizzly

Only a council election yesterday, but not good for Labour considering it was Sunderland

Do you think there's a rebuild afoot in the yellow ranks?

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Tristram Hunt quits on 10:14 - Jan 13 with 2204 viewsgerard1947

A decent, talented labour MP quitting is a shame especially at a time when we have a weak, nasty government in need of effective opposition. As the next election nears we will see many more deciding not to stand. This isn't good for the country whatever your political leanings.
Tristram Hunt quits on 10:20 - Jan 13 with 2174 viewsElderGrizzly

Tristram Hunt quits on 10:09 - Jan 13 by vapour_trail

One small lego brick at a time.... :o)
Tristram Hunt quits on 10:26 - Jan 13 with 2149 viewsGlasgowBlue

Rats deserting a sinking ship.

They may well lose that seat to Ukip. In 2015 Hunt beat second-place UKIP by only 5,000 votes. Stoke-on-Trent voted 69% to Leave in the referendum — by 81,000 votes to 36,000.

And they have another by election to fight with Jamie Reid resigning his seat which also voted Brexit. A seat which relies on tens of thousands of jobs in the nuclear power industry. And Jezza has said he wants to shut down all our nuclear power stations.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Tristram Hunt quits on 10:28 - Jan 13 with 2139 viewsGlasgowBlue

It's a fantastic result for the Lib Dems considering last time round Labour polled well over 50% and the LibDems were fourth on 5%.

In the post Brexit vote political world people know what the Lib Dems stand for. Labour has the completely opposite problem under Corbyn.

I can see Labour being squeezed out of the debate in England the way they were in Scotland.

Keep up the good work Agent Corbyn.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2017 10:28]

Iron Lion Zion

Tristram Hunt quits on 10:31 - Jan 13 with 2122 viewsArcher4721

No shock there. He's a wannabe Tory who was going to be deselected by his constituency anyway.

But don't worry he's not going to starve he's becoming a Director at the Victoria and Albert museum in London doubling his salary.
Login to get fewer ads

Tristram Hunt quits on 10:32 - Jan 13 with 2115 viewsitfcjoe

They seem very clear in their pro-EU stance, and that is really helping them do something.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Tristram Hunt quits on 13:11 - Jan 13 with 2023 viewsBOjK

Tristram Hunt quits on 10:32 - Jan 13 by itfcjoe

They seem very clear in their pro-EU stance, and that is really helping them do something.

Absolutely, and Labour's agony over immigration prevents them being the pro-EU/single market party.

I'm much less convinced than Glasgow that this is UKIP's chance. They were only 30-odd votes ahead of the Tories at the last election, and I think the Tories will take votes directly from both UKIP and Labour, whilst the LibDems will take votes from Labour.

I'd make a Labour and Tory victory equally likely.

Blog: [Blog] Keep Calm and Carry on (Or Why the Club is Not in Crisis from Top to Bottom)

Tristram Hunt quits on 13:12 - Jan 13 with 2014 viewslowhouseblue

Tristram Hunt quits on 10:26 - Jan 13 by GlasgowBlue

Rats deserting a sinking ship.

They may well lose that seat to Ukip. In 2015 Hunt beat second-place UKIP by only 5,000 votes. Stoke-on-Trent voted 69% to Leave in the referendum — by 81,000 votes to 36,000.

And they have another by election to fight with Jamie Reid resigning his seat which also voted Brexit. A seat which relies on tens of thousands of jobs in the nuclear power industry. And Jezza has said he wants to shut down all our nuclear power stations.

I think rats is a bit unfair.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Tristram Hunt quits on 13:16 - Jan 13 with 1990 viewsGlasgowBlue

Tristram Hunt quits on 13:11 - Jan 13 by BOjK

Absolutely, and Labour's agony over immigration prevents them being the pro-EU/single market party.

I'm much less convinced than Glasgow that this is UKIP's chance. They were only 30-odd votes ahead of the Tories at the last election, and I think the Tories will take votes directly from both UKIP and Labour, whilst the LibDems will take votes from Labour.

I'd make a Labour and Tory victory equally likely.

Do you think Corbyn can survive losing three byelections in Labour held seats this year?

Iron Lion Zion

Tristram Hunt quits on 13:18 - Jan 13 with 1983 viewsArcher4721

Tristram Hunt quits on 13:12 - Jan 13 by lowhouseblue

I think rats is a bit unfair.

Indeed.

Dirty Rat.
Tristram Hunt quits on 13:19 - Jan 13 with 1974 viewslowhouseblue

Tristram Hunt quits on 13:18 - Jan 13 by Archer4721

Indeed.

Dirty Rat.

at least we're all agreed that the ship is sinking.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Tristram Hunt quits on 13:20 - Jan 13 with 1966 viewsArcher4721

Tristram Hunt quits on 13:19 - Jan 13 by lowhouseblue

The new labour one is yes.
Tristram Hunt quits on 13:22 - Jan 13 with 1948 viewsCotty

There was some issue with the Labour councillor, hence the big swing. More interesting is the big drop in the UKIP vote (although the turnout was low so maybe not much can be read into any of this)
Tristram Hunt quits on 13:23 - Jan 13 with 1934 viewslowhouseblue

Tristram Hunt quits on 13:16 - Jan 13 by GlasgowBlue

Do you think Corbyn can survive losing three byelections in Labour held seats this year?

the corbyn project isn't about winning elections. the cult of jeremy's big mandate is impervious to voters. but who knows.

Tristram Hunt quits on 13:23 - Jan 13 with 1927 viewsGlasgowBlue

Tristram Hunt quits on 13:19 - Jan 13 by lowhouseblue

I', going to have to undiv list Archer to see the comedy.

Iron Lion Zion

Tristram Hunt quits on 13:23 - Jan 13 with 1919 viewslowhouseblue

Tristram Hunt quits on 13:20 - Jan 13 by Archer4721

The new labour one is yes.

yes cos everything else is going swimmingly. good good.

Tristram Hunt quits on 13:32 - Jan 13 with 1863 viewsSwansea_Blue

Hope so, there's a desperate need if they can recover from selling their souls to the Tories. And they'll never have a better chance. The Tories will come to the end of their natural cycle within the next term, UKIP will hopefully be irrelevant post-Brexit, Labour are as low a threat as they ever will be. if the Lib Dems can't rally now they never will.

For the benefit of democracy Corbyn needs to go. He's single handedly destroying the major opposition party and surely he can see that. He should do the honorable thing. Nb. I'm not saying he should be pushed, as that's not to the benefit of democracy.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Tristram Hunt quits on 13:34 - Jan 13 with 1850 viewsGunnsAirkick

Tristram Hunt quits on 13:23 - Jan 13 by lowhouseblue

yes cos everything else is going swimmingly. good good.

It is going terribly I agree, but surely you must see that the answer isn't in politicians like Tristram Hunt? There are some good younger Labour MPs (both left and centrist), the sooner May calls an early General Election the sooner the re-building process can begin. I'll admit this whole thing was an experiment that has gone badly wrong. If Labour manage to lose both of these By Elections surely questions need to be asked again of the Leadership?
Tristram Hunt quits on 13:37 - Jan 13 with 1830 viewsGunnsAirkick

Tristram Hunt quits on 13:32 - Jan 13 by Swansea_Blue

Hope so, there's a desperate need if they can recover from selling their souls to the Tories. And they'll never have a better chance. The Tories will come to the end of their natural cycle within the next term, UKIP will hopefully be irrelevant post-Brexit, Labour are as low a threat as they ever will be. if the Lib Dems can't rally now they never will.

For the benefit of democracy Corbyn needs to go. He's single handedly destroying the major opposition party and surely he can see that. He should do the honorable thing. Nb. I'm not saying he should be pushed, as that's not to the benefit of democracy.

I think the only hope against a one party Conservative state is a Labour rebuild which includes working with other left or centre-left parties.

Really Labour should be way ahead in the polls against this shower (I'm sure even Glasgow won't completely deny that).
Tristram Hunt quits on 13:38 - Jan 13 with 1824 viewsTollycobbold

Tristram Hunt quits on 10:31 - Jan 13 by Archer4721

No shock there. He's a wannabe Tory who was going to be deselected by his constituency anyway.

But don't worry he's not going to starve he's becoming a Director at the Victoria and Albert museum in London doubling his salary.

Interesting to see how a political skill set qualifies him to direct a museum.
Tristram Hunt quits on 13:39 - Jan 13 with 1811 viewsSwansea_Blue

Tristram Hunt quits on 13:37 - Jan 13 by GunnsAirkick

I think the only hope against a one party Conservative state is a Labour rebuild which includes working with other left or centre-left parties.

Really Labour should be way ahead in the polls against this shower (I'm sure even Glasgow won't completely deny that).

You're probably right as the Lib Dems are way, way behind Labour and would have to do something remarkable to become top dogs. I can live in hope though. Are we going to move towards more coalition politics? Proabably not given our system, but it would be rather ironic if we become more like many European countries just as we leave the EU.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2017 13:45]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Tristram Hunt quits on 13:39 - Jan 13 with 1811 viewsArcher4721

Tristram Hunt quits on 13:34 - Jan 13 by GunnsAirkick

It is going terribly I agree, but surely you must see that the answer isn't in politicians like Tristram Hunt? There are some good younger Labour MPs (both left and centrist), the sooner May calls an early General Election the sooner the re-building process can begin. I'll admit this whole thing was an experiment that has gone badly wrong. If Labour manage to lose both of these By Elections surely questions need to be asked again of the Leadership?

http://anotherangryvoice.blogspot.co.uk/2015/11/tristram-hunt-labour-1-percent.h
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024