Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Really good interview with Chambers... 17:47 - Jan 13 with 1959 viewsitfcjoe

....really enlightening to what is going on in the camp, and his contract situation.

A must read

http://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/sport/ipswich_town_skipper_luke_chambers_opens_up_a

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Really good interview with Chambers... on 17:50 - Jan 13 with 1913 viewsSWGF

Does he refer to the two disallowed goals from August, like he does in the Ipswich Player interview?!

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Really good interview with Chambers... on 17:54 - Jan 13 with 1874 viewsIllinoisblue

love his honesty, this might help serve to draw a line under things and move on

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Really good interview with Chambers... on 17:57 - Jan 13 with 1848 viewsKieran_Knows

Sounds quite unhappy about his contract situation. Be interesting to see whether he's still here next season.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Really good interview with Chambers... on 18:00 - Jan 13 with 1824 viewstractorboy1978

Very open and honest, can't ask more than that. He seems frustrated with his own situation and that of the club as a whole.
Really good interview with Chambers... on 18:03 - Jan 13 with 1799 viewsSWGF

"If teams are investing like we’re seeing... That’s showing now. We made the play-offs a couple of years ago and haven’t really moved forwards from there. That’s my opinion"

That's also my opinion.

Mentions on more than one occasion of the desperate need for signings/bodies.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Really good interview with Chambers... on 18:06 - Jan 13 with 1763 viewsJeff_winger

He had the oppertunity when asked about both the manager and owner to really back them up and fight their corner.
He didnt do this makes me think the players are not too happy about lack of investment.
He definitely semms p1ssed about his contract, i personally think it would be crazy not to keep a cb with his experience
Really good interview with Chambers... on 18:10 - Jan 13 with 1716 viewschicoazul

Really good interview with Chambers... on 18:06 - Jan 13 by Jeff_winger

He had the oppertunity when asked about both the manager and owner to really back them up and fight their corner.
He didnt do this makes me think the players are not too happy about lack of investment.
He definitely semms p1ssed about his contract, i personally think it would be crazy not to keep a cb with his experience

It may well be that MMc thinks he along with Berra and maybe a few others have had their time at the club and that we need some new young players bringing in. Emmauel certainly looks a good prospect in his position.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Really good interview with Chambers... on 18:13 - Jan 13 with 1688 viewstractorboy1978

Really good interview with Chambers... on 18:10 - Jan 13 by chicoazul

It may well be that MMc thinks he along with Berra and maybe a few others have had their time at the club and that we need some new young players bringing in. Emmauel certainly looks a good prospect in his position.

Of course the issue is at some point we will need to sign some players in their prime - today's equivalents of Skuse, McGoldrick, Chambers, Berra if you like. And they will cost decent money, whether it be fees or wages.
Login to get fewer ads

Really good interview with Chambers... on 18:13 - Jan 13 with 1690 viewsDebenBlue

I mentioned his contract situation on here a few weeks ago when the Wolves speculation came up, poor from ITFC
Really good interview with Chambers... on 18:14 - Jan 13 with 1676 viewsPhilTWTD

Our take on his press conference on the front page.

http://www.twtd.co.uk/
Really good interview with Chambers... on 18:19 - Jan 13 with 1639 viewsLankHenners

Really good interview with Chambers... on 18:03 - Jan 13 by SWGF

"If teams are investing like we’re seeing... That’s showing now. We made the play-offs a couple of years ago and haven’t really moved forwards from there. That’s my opinion"

That's also my opinion.

Mentions on more than one occasion of the desperate need for signings/bodies.

Does read like he was close to saying his true frustrations then held back. Outlines what a hard situation it is for him at the minute - captain of a struggling team where he was once leading them out into a great atmosphere putting in some great displays to something nearing the complete opposite. And he's taking a lot of the criticism.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Really good interview with Chambers... on 18:35 - Jan 13 with 1530 viewsdirtyboy

Really good interview with Chambers... on 18:19 - Jan 13 by LankHenners

Does read like he was close to saying his true frustrations then held back. Outlines what a hard situation it is for him at the minute - captain of a struggling team where he was once leading them out into a great atmosphere putting in some great displays to something nearing the complete opposite. And he's taking a lot of the criticism.

Indeed, overall, regardless of what we think, our defense has always been above average or at least decent.

Our form this year is almost exclusively due to the fact we don't have a midfield that can create enough and a striker who can't hold the ball for someone like Pitman or McGoldrick.

The puzzle is largely complete, but there are a couple of major pieces missing and it's frustrating for us all.

OT slightly, Chambers does strike me as a potential coach/manager when he hangs his boots up...
Really good interview with Chambers... on 19:05 - Jan 13 with 1431 viewsElderGrizzly

Clear frustration, but also sounds a bit lost and not sure what to do to arrest the slide.

Another of the good guys who gets dogs abuse for doing his job. He knows his limitations but tries 100% and is our only true leader on the pitch.

I'm sure we will take up the 1 year option, but you wonder if we are waiting for the manager situation to be cleared up too?
Really good interview with Chambers... on 19:08 - Jan 13 with 1417 viewsElderGrizzly

Really good interview with Chambers... on 18:35 - Jan 13 by dirtyboy

Indeed, overall, regardless of what we think, our defense has always been above average or at least decent.

Our form this year is almost exclusively due to the fact we don't have a midfield that can create enough and a striker who can't hold the ball for someone like Pitman or McGoldrick.

The puzzle is largely complete, but there are a couple of major pieces missing and it's frustrating for us all.

OT slightly, Chambers does strike me as a potential coach/manager when he hangs his boots up...

Even now, we have a better defensive record than 3rd place Reading and that lot up the road. They've almost conceded more away (26) than we have in all our games (29)

We just can't score and that means one mistake can be enough to kill us
Really good interview with Chambers... on 19:18 - Jan 13 with 1371 viewsPinewoodblue

Really good interview with Chambers... on 19:05 - Jan 13 by ElderGrizzly

Clear frustration, but also sounds a bit lost and not sure what to do to arrest the slide.

Another of the good guys who gets dogs abuse for doing his job. He knows his limitations but tries 100% and is our only true leader on the pitch.

I'm sure we will take up the 1 year option, but you wonder if we are waiting for the manager situation to be cleared up too?

Good point re waiting to see who is manager next season.No point in taking up the option as this would tie the new managers( if there is one) hands.

Far too many ifs and buts about the future for my liking.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Really good interview with Chambers... on 19:23 - Jan 13 with 1341 viewsReuser_is_God

Only thing I disagree with is him saying that the players haven't let MM down.

They absolutely have.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Really good interview with Chambers... on 19:23 - Jan 13 with 1341 viewsPhilTWTD

Really good interview with Chambers... on 19:05 - Jan 13 by ElderGrizzly

Think the club view the situation as the contract having 18 months left, but the player as six. Town have tended to activate clauses towards the end of a season and then starting longer term deal talks at that point. Situation was along those lines with Smith last season.
Really good interview with Chambers... on 19:28 - Jan 13 with 1311 viewspointofblue

Really good interview with Chambers... on 19:23 - Jan 13 by Reuser_is_God

Only thing I disagree with is him saying that the players haven't let MM down.

They absolutely have.

I have to agree with this. I've walked out of Portman Road on one than more occasion this season thinking 'if that's how we play when we give it everything then I'd hate to watch the team down tools'.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Really good interview with Chambers... on 19:48 - Jan 13 with 1221 viewssyntaxerror

He comes across very well.
If every anyone needs proof he is not only a great professional but also an asset to the team this is it.
A proper leader.
What I am surprised about is the frank and honest nature of the interview. No Rooney style - We did it for the gaffer' platitudes. He spoke how he sees and feels it, and perhaps made some comments the club might not be 100% comfortable with.
Really good interview with Chambers... on 20:10 - Jan 13 with 1139 viewsSteve_M

Honest, reflective and an example of his leadership. There is also a plea that fans and players start writing together again, that needs both parts to deliver but the last couple of weeks might prove something of a watershed.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Really good interview with Chambers... on 20:27 - Jan 13 with 1088 viewsBarneycurley

Really good interview with Chambers... on 20:10 - Jan 13 by Steve_M

Honest, reflective and an example of his leadership. There is also a plea that fans and players start writing together again, that needs both parts to deliver but the last couple of weeks might prove something of a watershed.

I agree wholeheartedly but the problem is the moment for fans to get back on board has gone. Too much water under the brudge with comments mcarthy made about picking players come what may and Milnes comments re him. Thats whats pissed most off.

Poll: Last nights obv lling of Evans are him and bluefish ever seen in the same room?

Really good interview with Chambers... on 21:34 - Jan 13 with 908 viewstractorboy1978

Really good interview with Chambers... on 20:10 - Jan 13 by Steve_M

The fans, players, manager and owner need to be writing together. The issue is more with the latter two. I think most fans accept we aren't good enough and their frustration isn't aimed at the players but unfortunately they bear the brunt of it being those on the pitch.
Really good interview with Chambers... on 22:00 - Jan 13 with 821 viewsrunaround

Very open interview from Chambers. I am impressed that he isn't towing the party line. It is a real shame how things have turned & is awful for manager, players & fans alike. The problem has been allowed to fester for too long & the club is just freewheeling towards a potential relegation struggle. The fans have had enough of the lack of entertainment & the whole McCarthy ethos. He is unwilling or unable to change his ways so the club needs to get rid & start again. This may work, it may not but doing nothing is destroying the fan base & the club & can no longer be allowed to continue. Evans needs to act
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024