Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyway, it's Saturday and we have an important football match to play 08:45 - Jan 14 with 1185 viewsSteve_M

Hopefully the discussion, repetitive as it may be at times, since QPR had brought things to a head and cleared the air a bit. This season had been frustrating but because we are inconsistent, not because we are utterly dreadful (will not every match anyway).

I do hope everyone gets behind the team today and that they respond to that. If nothing else, it'll be the best way to keep warm!

COYFB
[Post edited 14 Jan 2017 10:12]

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Anyway, it's Saturday and we have an important football match to play on 08:56 - Jan 14 with 1144 viewsbluesym

We need to win today or we are in trouble,If anyone thinks we are too good to go down they are deluded.

Poll: Is Micheal Mcintyre actually funny?

Anyway, it's Saturday and we have an important football match to play on 09:06 - Jan 14 with 1119 viewsHerbivore

I'll be cheering the team on, genuinely don't get the point of going to the game to stand there in silence or boo (unless it's aimed at the ref then it's fair game). Football is much more enjoyable when you turn up to support and more often than not in my time watching Town at PR a good atmosphere from the crowd has produced the right result. This group of players may not be the best but I don't doubt their commitment and when I compare what we have now to the shambles that Jewell left I tend to think that these lads have earned our support, even if less so in recent months.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Anyway, it's Saturday and we have an important football match to play on 09:07 - Jan 14 with 1106 viewsMaySixth

Got our friends over from Dusseldorf over and MM has had a tough week with the loss of a personal friend

Really hope we win today.

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Anyway, it's Saturday and we have an important football match to play on 09:19 - Jan 14 with 1090 viewsMach_foreignBlue

No way can we afford to lose this. Thin squad, after today we have a run of tough fixtures in short space of time so it'll be nervy time.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2017 9:20]
Anyway, it's Saturday and we have an important football match to play on 09:28 - Jan 14 with 1059 viewsVaughan8

Anyway, it's Saturday and we have an important football match to play on 08:56 - Jan 14 by bluesym

We need to win today or we are in trouble,If anyone thinks we are too good to go down they are deluded.

I don't think we are "too good" I just think Mick will be able to pick up enough points. Rotherham are gone. Wigan possibly as well so may just be one other
[Post edited 14 Jan 2017 9:28]
Anyway, it's Saturday and we have an important football match to play on 09:33 - Jan 14 with 1044 viewsbluesym

Anyway, it's Saturday and we have an important football match to play on 09:28 - Jan 14 by Vaughan8

I don't think we are "too good" I just think Mick will be able to pick up enough points. Rotherham are gone. Wigan possibly as well so may just be one other

Sorry but theres no difference!If people are thinking we wont go down because we will pick up enough wins,that is saying the same thing surely?

Anyway, it's Saturday and we have an important football match to play on 09:42 - Jan 14 with 1012 viewsDyland

3-0 Town (Douglas hat-trick)

(runs away)

COYFB

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Anyway, it's Saturday and we have an important football match to play on 09:43 - Jan 14 with 1009 viewsbluefunk

Anyway, it's Saturday and we have an important football match to play on 09:33 - Jan 14 by bluesym

Sorry but theres no difference!If people are thinking we wont go down because we will pick up enough wins,that is saying the same thing surely?

Slightly more thoughtful, though - as in "we have to pick up 7 wins from 21 games, I think we can do that", which i think we can
Login to get fewer ads

Anyway, it's Saturday and we have an important football match to play on 09:50 - Jan 14 with 992 viewstextbackup

Anyway, it's Saturday and we have an important football match to play on 09:28 - Jan 14 by Vaughan8

I don't think we have enough to regroup if we lose today

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Anyway, it's Saturday and we have an important football match to play on 09:50 - Jan 14 with 991 viewsbluesym

Anyway, it's Saturday and we have an important football match to play on 09:43 - Jan 14 by bluefunk

Slightly more thoughtful, though - as in "we have to pick up 7 wins from 21 games, I think we can do that", which i think we can

so in other words, we are too good not to pick up 7 wins from 21 games?

Anyway, it's Saturday and we have an important football match to play on 09:53 - Jan 14 with 983 viewsSteve_M

Anyway, it's Saturday and we have an important football match to play on 08:56 - Jan 14 by bluesym

I don't think anyone thinks that we are. Our overall form, however, means that so far we've picked up wins on a semi-regular basis and, if we keep that up, we'll be ok.

For every Fulham there had been a Bristol City.

Anyway, it's Saturday and we have an important football match to play on 09:59 - Jan 14 with 971 viewsbluesym

Anyway, it's Saturday and we have an important football match to play on 09:53 - Jan 14 by Steve_M

I don't think anyone thinks that we are. Our overall form, however, means that so far we've picked up wins on a semi-regular basis and, if we keep that up, we'll be ok.

I wish i was as confident as some Steve,but we are conceding bad goals and not scoring enough.Thats the simple version!!

We may not be conceding loads a la Jewell style but our inability to outscore the opposition is costing us.

Anyway, it's Saturday and we have an important football match to play on 10:04 - Jan 14 with 923 viewsBenters

Anyway, it's Saturday and we have an important football match to play on 09:53 - Jan 14 by Steve_M

So you are happy with just being "ok" then?

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Anyway, it's Saturday and we have an important football match to play on 10:09 - Jan 14 with 896 viewsstrikalite

Anyway, it's Saturday and we have an important football match to play on 09:59 - Jan 14 by bluesym

I wish i was as confident as some Steve,but we are conceding bad goals and not scoring enough.Thats the simple version!!

We may not be conceding loads a la Jewell style but our inability to outscore the opposition is costing us.

Agree, throw into the mix that there is usually one team that drops like a stone after Christmas, looking at our next run of games that leads us into March I'm not too confident it won't be us...

Rotherham and Wigan.......and one other.

MUST MUST win today...
Anyway, it's Saturday and we have an important football match to play on 10:11 - Jan 14 with 892 viewsbraveblue

So apart from Bristol when did we last play well?
Anyway, it's Saturday and we have an important football match to play on 10:13 - Jan 14 with 879 viewsSteve_M

Anyway, it's Saturday and we have an important football match to play on 10:11 - Jan 14 by braveblue

So apart from Bristol when did we last play well?

QPR away.

Anyway, it's Saturday and we have an important football match to play on 10:15 - Jan 14 with 871 viewsSteve_M

Anyway, it's Saturday and we have an important football match to play on 09:59 - Jan 14 by bluesym

I think there is a natural tendency to extrapolate from our worst performances but we just look totally erratic in an inconsistent division. We do need to be careful of course.

Anyway, it's Saturday and we have an important football match to play on 10:21 - Jan 14 with 857 viewsNo9

Anyway, it's Saturday and we have an important football match to play on 09:33 - Jan 14 by bluesym

I agree with you Mick Mills prophecy is beginning to look a little fragile.
Anyway, it's Saturday and we have an important football match to play on 10:21 - Jan 14 with 853 viewsBenters

Anyway, it's Saturday and we have an important football match to play on 10:09 - Jan 14 by strikalite

Agree, throw into the mix that there is usually one team that drops like a stone after Christmas, looking at our next run of games that leads us into March I'm not too confident it won't be us...

Rotherham and Wigan.......and one other.

MUST MUST win today...

We have seen those before but not a MUST MUST WIN !

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Anyway, it's Saturday and we have an important football match to play on 11:54 - Jan 14 with 775 viewsHerbivore

And yet despite all that we've maintained solid mid table form all season and have yet to lose back to back games. We're frustratingly inconsistent and that tends to lead to being mired in mid table and that's exactly where we are. Of course it's possible we could drop like a stone but that would entail a change in form for the worse, not simply maintaining the status quo. By the same token we could go on a run of better results and start moving up the table. Unfortunately though I suspect we'll stay hovering around the middle as we seem unable to find any consistency.

Anyway, it's Saturday and we have an important football match to play on 13:00 - Jan 14 with 725 viewsVaughan8

Well there is a difference

I think we aren't very good and teams who score so few goals are never too good to go down.
I just think we will pick up a few points more than other teams.

It's like saying are stoke too good to go down. No, but they won't because it's likely to have 3 worse teams in the Premier League?

Maybe I'm on my own here haha
Anyway, it's Saturday and we have an important football match to play on 13:14 - Jan 14 with 707 viewsBLUEGOLD

Anyway, it's Saturday and we have an important football match to play on 11:54 - Jan 14 by Herbivore

And yet despite all that we've maintained solid mid table form all season and have yet to lose back to back games. We're frustratingly inconsistent and that tends to lead to being mired in mid table and that's exactly where we are. Of course it's possible we could drop like a stone but that would entail a change in form for the worse, not simply maintaining the status quo. By the same token we could go on a run of better results and start moving up the table. Unfortunately though I suspect we'll stay hovering around the middle as we seem unable to find any consistency.

We are lower mid table, right at the bottom of the middle 8.

Our run of games after today is not great and as Mick says, we are down to the bare bones.

If, we don't improve, we could easily find ourselves in a fight to stay up.

That is if course, a big if.

A win today will make a huge difference, but a loss and then another on the BBC on Tuesday could herald a bit of a slump.

A scruffy 1-0 would be fantastic today and wouldn't it be good if that goal came from a Chambers or possibly Douglas.
Anyway, it's Saturday and we have an important football match to play on 13:33 - Jan 14 with 690 viewsbraveblue

Anyway, it's Saturday and we have an important football match to play on 10:13 - Jan 14 by Steve_M

QPR away.

Lost 2-1. Not good. Negative final 25 minutes.
Anyway, it's Saturday and we have an important football match to play on 10:13 - Jan 15 with 639 viewsHerbivore

Anyway, it's Saturday and we have an important football match to play on 13:14 - Jan 14 by BLUEGOLD

We are lower mid table, right at the bottom of the middle 8.

Our run of games after today is not great and as Mick says, we are down to the bare bones.

If, we don't improve, we could easily find ourselves in a fight to stay up.

That is if course, a big if.

A win today will make a huge difference, but a loss and then another on the BBC on Tuesday could herald a bit of a slump.

A scruffy 1-0 would be fantastic today and wouldn't it be good if that goal came from a Chambers or possibly Douglas.

If we don't improve we'll stay exactly where we are. That's the whole point. We'd need a worse run of form than we've had at any time this season to really drag us down into a genuine scrap and whilst that could happen I think it's more likely we'll continue much as we have done over the first 26 games of the season.

Anyway, things look more rosy after 3 points yesterday and a good performance (goals aside) and a much nicer atmosphere at PR.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024